Oculus Rift and DCS World Discussion

tobaschi

437 members have voted

1. 1. Oculus Rift and DCS World Discussion

• 599$ did not faze you, and YOU PRE-ORDER IT!
    • 599$ puts me into bankrupcy - I will not spend that kind of money - WILL NOT BUY
    • on the fence, will BUY LATER (at retail launch)

I believe the first Pascal's will also be using GDDR5X, so its still possible for sometime this year.

The Professional / Studio Pascal cards due out late summer will have HBM2 Chips,

however, likely a $3000+ Pricetag, ECC Ram, and designed for Studio Rendering will make it an overpriced under performer in the gaming market.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh man, shipping updated from late May to late July. :(

Does anybody know when CV2 comes out? Maybe worth waiting a couple of weeks for that.

Gesendet von meinem HUAWEI MT7-L09 mit Tapatalk

Edited by Quantenpresbyterianer

Win10, i5 3570K@4GHz, OCZ Vertex 4 256GB SSD, 16GB RAM, Gigabyte GTX 980, TM HOTAS Warthog, TM Cougar MFD, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder, TrackIR5

I was originally slated for April delivery and now pushed back to late may early June.

Intel i7 6700k OC 4.7ghz

Asus ROG Maximus VIII Hero Motherboard

Zotac GTX980ti 6GB Amp Extreme

32 GB DDR4 3200 RAM

Oculus Rift CV1

Thrustmaster Warthog

I was March 28, now early May.

Ah well, every day is a chance for things to improve before I get it. :)

Exactly, the only way to look at it.

InWin S Frame with Asus Z170 | i7-6700K @ 4.5 Water Cooled CPU and Graphics | 16GB DDR4 | GTX1070 | 240GB M.2 SSD | Warthog Hotas | MFG Crosswind | 40" Samsung 4K | CV1 | Replica MB Mk10 Ejection Seat with Gametrix 908

March estimate now updated to end of May. Just in time for the two week long Irish summer lol. I think it will stay in the box for a while. I don't envisage spending time in front of my PC if the sun is shining. There's real flying to be done!

Win 10 64bit | i7 7700k delid @ 5.1gHz | 32Gb 3466mhz TridentZ memory | Asus ROG Apex motherboard | Asus ROG Strix 1080Ti overclocked

Komodosim Cyclic | C-tek anti torque pedals and collective | Warthog stick and throttle | Oculus Rift CV1 | KW-908 Jetseat | Buttkicker with Simshaker for Aviators

RiftFlyer VR G-Seat project: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2733051#post2733051

Those that are dreading the shipping slide. The way I see it, it gives ED time to get things working right in DCS World. Also it gives Nvidia and AMD time to launch their new video cards at Computex. This summer is going to be an exciting time.

Also about the poll, I pick option D. FREE, I was shipped a free CV1 that arrived March 28th because I was a DK1 Kickstarter backer.

Sorry guys about the delay. I had my eye on the ball and ordered +6min23sec after launch and mine is arriving today yay. I will report back my experience.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 10 Pro x64, Asus PG279Q, i7-6700K, Nvidia GTX1080TI, 16GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, TM Warthog, Saitek Combat Pro Rudder Pedals, TIR5+Trackclip

Well, I started on anti-depressants yesterday (due to coming off morphine last week - it really makes you feel very very bad) and was in a fantastic mood this morning!

Then I saw all the deliveries being delayed two months and smashed to a low again! I'm sure many of you will know what was going through my head - cancel? Buy a Vive? Buy a DK2? Wait for CV2?

However, to my huge relief, my order is barely delayed at all. Old estimate: July; New estimate: Last week of July/1st week of August.

Smiling again! :thumbup:

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

For those with an Oculus Rift, be it DK2 or the CV1, here's another VR demo:

http://goforlaunch.co.uk/index.php/downloads/

Re-live the early days of space flight in this exciting, educational and fully interactive simulator. With full VR support.

Re-live the early days of space flight in Go For Launch: Mercury, the first in a series of games exploring the early days of space flight.

The Alpha demo puts you in the cockpit of Mercury-Redstone 3 "Freedom 7", the first American manned space mission. Every detail of the cockpit, systems and flight have been meticulously researched to be as authentic as possible. What you experience is exactly as it was seen by astronaut Alan Shepard on the morning of May 5 1961 as he sat in his capsule atop a modified Redstone missile.

Please note that this demo is an early alpha and does not include full control interaction. Future versions will include a fully interactive cockpit with every switch functioning as the original.

I just went through the Vive checkout to see the delivery date (don't worry - I've no intention of switching now) and it was June.

So not really any point in UK based VRers switching due to the CV1 delay.

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

Today is the the day for the "July 12th" emails. Is this what folks are receiving that indicates a change in expected shipping dates?

Derek "BoxxMann" Speare

derekspearedesigns.com 25,000+ Gaming Enthusiasts Trust DSD Components to Perform!

i7-11700k 4.9g | RTX3080ti (finally!)| 64gb Ram | 2TB NVME PCIE4| Reverb G1 | CH Pro Throt/Fighterstick Pro | 4 DSD Boxes

Falcon XT/AT/3.0/4.0 | LB2 | DCS | LOMAC

Been Flight Simming Since 1988!

Useful VR settings and tips for DCS HERE

Add me to the list of people that are being hit by Oculus' embarrassing product management. April date pushed to June.

I feel you. Me too. Ridiculous. Don't count on that date holding true either. From the embarrassing website performance on launch date to product shortages etc this company is not instilling confidence at all. I have absolutely ZERO confidence that they will meet the new shipping times. Me thinks they over promised too much product to too many people and drastically underestimated demand and their ability to meet it.

Edited by j0nx

ROTORCRAFT RULE

GB Aorus Ultra Z390| 8700K @ 4.9GHz | 32 GB DDR4 3000 | MSI GTX 1080ti | Corsair 1000HX | Silverstone FT02-WRI | Nvidia 3D Vision Surround | Windows 10 Professional X64

Volair Sim Cockpit, Rift S, Saitek X-55 HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, Microsoft FF2, OE-XAM Bell 206 Collective, C-Tek anti-torque pedals

UH-1, SA342, Mi-8, KA50, AV8B, P-51D, A-10C, L39, F86, Yak, NS-430, Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf

I'm probably going to hold out for the next generation and even then i'll only buy when it is readily available, I don't mind waiting weeks but not months. While the DK2 is working and supported in game i'm happy :)

intel i7 6700k overclocked to 4.6, 16GB DDR4 3200MHz, Asus z170 pro gaming motherboard, Asus strix 1080, Max flight stick(modded), MFG Crosswind pedals.

I feel you. Me too. Ridiculous. Don't count on that date holding true either. From the embarrassing website performance on launch date to product shortages etc this company is not instilling confidence at all. I have absolutely ZERO confidence that they will meet the new shipping times. Me thinks they over promised too much product to too many people and drastically underestimated demand and their ability to meet it.

While I agree that this was a major SNAFU on their part, I'd be shocked if they don't deliver on those dates. They gave themselves close to 15 days to figure out ship dates for all their pre-orders which means they are confident they will get them out by the estimated ship date window. Estimate to me means could be a week before, a week after the window they gave us.

To not deliver again would be company suicide, and if they didn't think they could get the headsets out by those dates they wouldn't have given us any dates.

In the end though I don't mind waiting, first world problems plus it gives us more time to wait for DCS updates for 2.0 and optimizing updates as well.

I could be wrong though, you never know but from a purely business standpoint the launch was a disaster, to quote dates again and fail means heads roll and fast. That is why I think we'll all get our headsets around the dates posted.

For me (May 2nd-12th), that means last week of April up to the third week of May.

NM - Mine got flopped to the end of June from an original May estimate at time of ordering.

Derek "BoxxMann" Speare

derekspearedesigns.com 25,000+ Gaming Enthusiasts Trust DSD Components to Perform!

i7-11700k 4.9g | RTX3080ti (finally!)| 64gb Ram | 2TB NVME PCIE4| Reverb G1 | CH Pro Throt/Fighterstick Pro | 4 DSD Boxes

Falcon XT/AT/3.0/4.0 | LB2 | DCS | LOMAC

Been Flight Simming Since 1988!

Useful VR settings and tips for DCS HERE

Considering we're talking about Facebook here, that statement is a bit silly.

Perhaps, FB just owns OR, OR is its own entity and could easily fail while the book of face continues. My point was that to take two weeks to figure out shipping and give out actual dates and then not deliver again means customers leave.

Perhaps, FB just owns OR, OR is its own entity and could easily fail while the book of face continues. My point was that to take two weeks to figure out shipping and give out actual dates and then not deliver again means customers leave.

Not my problem. I've had my CV1 since March 28. :lol:

There won't be a CV 2 this year, and probably not next year either. Could be wrong though. :)

2019 at the earliest, Current MiPI Chip Supports Higher Resolution, but decreased Hz as it's only HDMI 1.4b

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs