Announcing Lock On: Flaming Cliffs 3

Wags

If I could choose, the most ideal way of doing FC3 in my opinion would be the RoF approach.

- Buy each plane for say 15 $ when they get finished one by one.

- Each plane would get F-15 treatment = cockpit, 3D model etc.

- Each plane would get the necessary realistic features people have requested for (I think Case listed many features that Russian jets lack, same would go for all of course).

- Similar types would be released after another, for example now that we have F-15, next would be Su-27. Then maybe Su-25 and A-10 to match on the other side or fighters again.

That would lead to people getting more bang for the buck and better targeting of the specific type pilots. People who fly everything would propably still buy every plane because it would not feel bad at all to spread cost for high quality aircraft over wider time period.

I also think ED would get much more revenue and over wider time scale because the cost for the whole package would be much more than the current FC3 and people (I would believe) would complain less because they all get treated the same. With the extra and more steady income they could incorporate the missile AFM and other improvements into the base engine (World) with patches. It's also more motivating to buy several high quality planes over a wider time period for the sake of quality than only one improved plane, like now, but still pay full price of a larger module...

I and many others are tired of the same package that improves only little over the years. I see nothing new or any real value here.

At the same time Beczl creates a whole new DCS module with AFM, comparable quality modeling, tons of 3D models, tons of new weapons & more only for 20 $!!!

40 $ for FC2 with fake boobs vs 20 $ for a top quality aircraft and a complete DCS module? Also with a unique DVD and still 10 $ under FC3! Guess which gets my money. :)

I guess there might be some legal issues with the repackaging of the FC2 (I don't know, why call it Flaming Cliffs anymore in above scenario?) but this is how it would go in my perfect world. :)

Not possible due to the license with Ubisoft I guess. FC1, FC2 and FC3 is markeded as a single product and requires LOMAC license to start the upgrade chain.

(HJ)

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

+1

I personally, don't think they even touched the Su33/carrier landings.

We'll see in a few short weeks if the carrier landing was touched.

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

Can any beta testers check if this bug still exists?

When playing multiplayer in FC2, the AI reacts differently when the human player is the actual server host, or whether he is connected as a client.

In the first case the AI reacts like in single player, but in the second case the human player will not get lock warnings and the AI will engage differently (more passive compared to SP).

To test this, fly against the AI and compare the difference between joining as server host or as a client.

There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Looks like we will need the 3GO Su-27 and Combatace's Su-33 still for FC3.

already done

Atop the midnight tarmac,

a metal beast awaits.

To be flown below the radar,

to bring the enemy his fate.

HAVE A BANDIT DAY !

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"When I'm working on a problem, I never think about beauty. I think only how to solve the problem. But when I have finished, if the solution is not beautiful, I know it is wrong." - R. Buckminster Fuller (1895 - 1983), American Architect, Author, Designer, Inventor, and Futurist

So in order to play FC3 I need to have Lock On Modern Air Combat? So the 9USD on this page http://lockon.co.uk/index.php?end_pos=1322&scr=shop is what I would need then? I already own all the DCS titles so World is covered.

Thanks,

Spadje

AMD Ryzen 9 3900x, 64GB DDR 4, MSI Ventus 2070 Super, Samsung 970 M.2 NVMe, WD Blue 512GB SSD, TM Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, Acer AH101 WMR

Yes, it's all you need

Awesome thought I had already purchased and sure enough I have :) Got it from Ubisoft last year for 5 bucks....

Now I cant wait for FC3 :devil_2:

AMD Ryzen 9 3900x, 64GB DDR 4, MSI Ventus 2070 Super, Samsung 970 M.2 NVMe, WD Blue 512GB SSD, TM Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, Acer AH101 WMR

No discount price for old customers? For those that have purchased previous titles, and thus supported further development?

No option to order "Upgrade from FC1" or "Upgrade from FC2"?

Hm....

I'm selling MiG-21 activation key.

Also selling Suncom F-15E Talon HOTAS with MIDI connectors, several sets.

Contact via PM.

Maybe I’m a complete jerk when it comes to graphics but I can’t see what’s so extremely wrong with the models in the original FC2. OK, the 3GO Su-27 and Combatace's Su-33 adds visual better models but hey, that’s from the outside, or am I missing something here? Many servers, or at least the servers with stats, do not allow outside view so what is the fuzz about? Is it just for the movie makers? Can someone show me some specific examples?

(HJ)

Will the Resource Manager with the Warehouse work also for the Fighters of FC3, like for the DCS models under DCS World:

Screen_120507_172041.jpg

over LALT + ' (apostrophe) (you need to have activate intercom and open the canopy, as far as i know!)?

Playing: F-16C

Intel i7-13700KF, 64GB DDR5 @5600MHz, RTX 4080 ZOTAC Trinity, WIN 11 64Bit Prof.

Squadron "Serious Uglies" / Discord-Server: https://discord.gg/2WccwBh

Ghost0815

Maybe I’m a complete jerk when it comes to graphics but I can’t see what’s so extremely wrong with the models in the original FC2.

the only one new FC2 aircraft model was the Su-25

Su-27 not from FC2 nor FC1

its from LOMAC - 9 yrs old model :cry:

Will the Resource Manager with the Warehouse work also for the Fighters of FC3, like for the DCS models under DCS World:

Yes, work fine for all aircrafts and helicopters.

Edited by NRG-Vampire

sign-pic4.jpg

Resource Manager is a feature that was developed specifically as a part of FC3, so yes. ;)

It just had parts of itself integrated into World aheads of schedule.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Maybe I’m a complete jerk when it comes to graphics but I can’t see what’s so extremely wrong with the models in the original FC2. OK, the 3GO Su-27 and Combatace's Su-33 adds visual better models but hey, that’s from the outside, or am I missing something here? Many servers, or at least the servers with stats, do not allow outside view so what is the fuzz about? Is it just for the movie makers? Can someone show me some specific examples?

(HJ)

Yes, you are a complete jerk.

Lol j/k Combat flying online with your buddies is a good example. Formation flying etc.

(HJ)

I'm in the same boat as you- frankly, I don't care much about skins or 3D models- if you're flying and not "cheating" with external views, you simply won't see them very much.

However, judging on the number of skins upgrade packs, and excitement generated whenever new and improved 3D models are introduced, we may be in the minority in this respect.

There are situations where you will notice them, however, even if you don't use externals:

Close formation/refueling.

Takeoff and landing (taxiing near parked aircraft or other aircraft you see taxiing).

To me, having a nice cockpit is much more important- and FC3 introduces that wonderful F-15 pit :)

Edited by Speed

Intelligent discourse can only begin with the honest admission of your own fallibility.

Member of the Virtual Tactical Air Group: http://vtacticalairgroup.com/

Lua scripts and mods:

MIssion Scripting Tools (Mist): http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=98616

Slmod version 7.0 for DCS: World: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=80979

Now includes remote server administration tools for kicking, banning, loading missions, etc.

There are situations where you will notice them, however, even if you don't use externals:

Close formation/refueling.

Takeoff and landing (taxiing near parked aircraft or other aircraft you see taxiing).

To me, having a nice cockpit is much more important- and FC3 introduces that wonderful F-15 pit :)

When you fly in formation of the il 76 in DCS then go into fc2 and refuel the 33...... :cry:

The only time I look outside the pit is to take pics.

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

(re: 1st post)

I will definitely, eventually get FC3, if only to play VNAO on the Stallturn server, but not until final release. Most likely I will wait for Best Buy to have a boxed edition. It is too much effort installing the betas, uninstalling, reinstalling, learn certain aspects of the 1st betas, then they get changed, embellished or omitted in later betas. I can wait.

I recently purchased the F/A-18E Superbug for FSX and have re-explored the mods to the Acceleration Pack's F-18 the past month. If the next DCS product is the F-18 and a land-able carrier with cable traps and working catapult, my priorities will change drastically.

Edited by ErichVon