DCS World 1.2.1, Now Available

Wags

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So far I just tested one of the A-10 instant action missions. The speech is back! My mind often tricks me on this stuff, but it appears the rockets have a new sound, explosions are improved, and SAM launches look better.

i5-4670K@4.5GHz / 16 GB RAM / SSD / GTX1080

Rift CV1 / G-seat / modded FFB HOTAS

Hmm, I'm a little confused about this post: http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1565036&postcount=2

Does this mean that, if I install the new version now, they'll later restore the lost activation? Or are they going to simply fix it, but not retro-actively restore the activations which were mistakenly lost (in which case I should wait to install until after the fix)? I don't want to lose either an activation or a deactivation, if I can save it by waiting. But I don't want to wait if I don't have to (e.g. if the lost activation will be restored later).

Edited by Echo38

Can any dev. give feedback on the greenish/blue hue the rocket motors have now? Visible with Mavs/Rockets. Should be orange.

I noticed this as well, the tgt point system works a little diff as also. adjusting the altimeter pressure also still effects the autopilot and pitch.

I noticed this as well, the tgt point system works a little diff as also. adjusting the altimeter pressure also still effects the autopilot and pitch.

Shouldn't it?

Win10 x64 | SSDs | i5 2500K @ 4.4 GHz | 16 GB RAM | GTX 970 | TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek pedals | TIR5

OK, got it all loaded and running and have to say that the FPS is the same or maybe better than 1.2.0 I have everything on high except civ traffic and heat blur, cockpit shadows off. No extra tweaks in game or nVidia control panel yet.

This is based on just a couple of runs through playing instant action but looks promising.

No concerns regarding the activations, I can always get more.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

Love the new FFAR sound, and the "Finger of God" new ground impact effect!!!

Smoke trails are interesting now...

Don't really know if the SU-25T Vikhr targetting circle should slip left-right like that after launch but it's better that one then missiles going dumb into the ground...

And, yes... the TGP Point mode doesn't stick to target as before, and the Maverick seeker doesn't jump to wrong nearby target when locked as before...

Fix the FPS drop issue gentlemen, and we have a winner!!!:worthy:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

...the few, the proud, the remaining...

Full install too many times, I'm running out of my activation!

Uninstalling and reinstalling do not require any activations. You can uninstall and reinstall 10 000 times and still have all your activations.

PS: To clarify before it becomes the subject of a meal, yes we are aware of the used activation issue of the 1.2.1. module install - an exception rather than the rule

Edited by 159th_Viper

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Uninstalling and reinstalling do not require any activations. You can uninstall and reinstall 10 000 times and still have all your activations.

PS: To clarify before it becomes the subject of a meal, yes we are aware of the used activation issue of the 1.2.1. module install - an exception rather than the rule

i comfirm.... uninstall 1.2.0 and instal 1.2.1 eat one activation. But uninstall 1.2.1 and install again dont need activation

btw.. same players report flashing mouse cursor in cockpit. yellow cross chang to mouse arrow every time when moving.. i have this problem too.

With all these "known issues that will be fixed in the next patch" I do ask myself why this updates was released. It's not a matter of a slight bug but the choppy gameplay and all the other issues actually make it unplayable.

Guess our squad will be sticking to "good old 1.1.1" for quite some time yet ... :-/

With all these "known issues that will be fixed in the next patch" I do ask myself why this updates was released.

This stems from the process how a release candidate is formed. If you are interested, research how version control (SVN, e.g.) works.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

Can't log on to multiplayer without a CTD. Help?

same for me, cant login to MP anymore..I always end up in a Crash...

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; Meta Quest 3; HOTAS Warthog; Logitech Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

Not true. I had to reinstall BS2 1.2.0 a couple times and lost a couple activations.

This stems from the process how a release candidate is formed. If you are interested, research how version control (SVN, e.g.) works.

No, it stems from companies knowingly releasing bugged products so as to keep dangling the carrot in front of everyone. I'm sorry, but you don't release something with a known FPS issue until it's fixed.

Edited by agamemnon_b5

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I had solved my FreeTrack issue!

I posted about it and a message to ED here:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1565898&postcount=115

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Man, I'm sorry to hear people are having all these issues, but put me down as a data point for which everything is improved - I've got smooth framerates with everything but AA set on high now, whereas before I kept having to knock various settings back and still got occasional bouts of slowdown when over a town.

One strange thing I noticed, though, is my wingman doesn't seem to want to attack anything anymore - I was so used to seeing his little "M" on my RWR after telling him to go after air defenses I didn't realize it was an SA-9 until I looked back just in time to see that little gray rod whizzing at me.

For when it goes wrong: Win10x64, GTX1080, Intel i7 @3.5 GHz, 32GB DDR3, Warthog HOTAS, Saitek combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5 / Vive Pro, a case of Pabst, The Funk

I've got smooth framerates with everything but AA set on high now, whereas before I kept having to knock various settings back and still got occasional bouts of slowdown when over a town.

Hi, what are your system specs please? Maybe the FPS problem is just nVidia related?

My system is:

- ASUS Sabertooth Z77

- i7 2600K OC @ 4.8GHz

- 16GB RAM 1600MHz

- PNY nVidia GTX680 2GB VRAM

- Samsung SSD 256GB

Before updating I had 60-80 FPS average in the first A-10 instant action mission, after update it's 30-40 FPS...