Kaktus29

New DCS Theater Maps Wish Wish List  

1618 members have voted

1. 1. New DCS Theater Maps Wish Wish List

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just for sight seeing, what about a add-on that does in DCS World what Christian Buchner's Tile Proxy does in Flight Simulator?

So, what is Tile Proxy? According to a gent named Ed Truthan, "... it's a real-time interface between Microsoft's Flight Simulator X and the Internet. It will download photo-terrain textures from online map services by acting as a proxy server and file format converter." (Source: http://edtruthan.com/tileproxy/tutorial/)

... Or Switzerland :-) small with lots of mountains

We already have enough high mountains.

How about Germany? Fulda Cap etc?

Terrain for helicopters and ground units. It would support CAS aircraft modules and combined arms module very effectively.

Lots of hills, forest patches and then wide open areas for ground units.

Sure no ships but all maps should not have always sea.

be747591b9ba7acca450c3dd1a3ef96a.jpg

• Like 1

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Wont work, I like to blow stuff up while I am sight seeing in DCS....

... its the first i ever heard of it... would it only affect ground tiles? I presume this would allow for a2a engagements still?

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

"This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL

DCS Berlin

Theater map of Berlin?

nfzbWtD.jpg

Mesh, rivers, coastal info and ground textures for all versions. Only change vector info for linear infraestructure (roads, railroads, power lines...) and Buildings. With the common data, Developers can save time and money sharing this info across several variants (44's variant, 53's variant, 85's variant for example).

Nice for DCS:WWII.

Doras, Mustangs, Kurfurst, Thunderbolts...

Nice for a hypothetical DCS: Cold War.

50's version: Sabres, Fagots...

80's version: Hornets, Flankers, Eagles, Huey,s Hips, Cobras, Fishbeds, Hawks, Eagles...

Bosnia map would be nice. The only drawback is that it'd have to be something like twice as big to include the Italian airbase(s?*) used during Allied Force. I guess they could be isolated, detailed areas with the surrounding terrain all bland, while the bulk of all the detail goes into the 500x500 area.

*I can only find specific references to Aviano. No idea what other air bases were used.

I haven't really taken interest in this topic, except this past week, I was wondering about how an arctic region could play out. NATO forces from Alaska to intercept any airborne or surface threats. Or dealing with cconstantly icing runways and carrier decks.

Owned: Ryzen 3900x, MSI AMD 470x mobo, 32gb 3200MHz ram, Gtx 1660 Ti, 970 Evo Plus 500GB, MsFFB2, TIR5, TMWH+18c Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Buttkicker/SSA, WinWing F-18C . Next is VR for simpit

Art Of The Kill:

Along the lines of the above, once DCS has good naval ops and a few carrier capable aircraft, I'd love to see a Greenland-Iceland-UK (GIUK) Gap map - the Harpoon series had some wonderful scenarios in that region and it was the front line of the Cold War in the North Atlantic. Blue carriers and bases in Norway, Iceland and Scotland vs Red carriers and bases in Russia and above the arctic circle. It would be great...

• 2 weeks later...
Falklands would be awesome! Just imagine Sea Harriers taking off from carriers fighting Mirages III, A-4's and Daggers who make a long approach from the argentinian mainland.

Except that we don't have any of those aircraft yet. :)

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

• 3 weeks later...

With the Huey and AI aircraft such as the f-4 they would definitely seem to be more at home not to mention realistic in the jungles and palms of Vietnam rather than operating sorties out of current theaters of operations like Georgia. I'd definitely pounce on the Vietnam era not to mention all the related aircraft that could be released along with it such as the F-105 Thud, F-111, various Migs, etc. Just don't seem right though without the Asian theater to be able to go back in time with them though!

• 2 weeks later...

Indo-Pak (1965) Terrain and Campaign ft. f-86 Sabre

I'd like a map of the northeastern part of the Indian subcontinent including the areas where any aerial combat took place during the 1965 Indo-Pakistan War. Although it lasted only for 17 days but nonetheless it's on my wish list. Plus a campaign for the F-86 Sabre (the versions that the Pakistan Air Force) used during the war.

Also opposing Indian aircraft mainly the gnat, Hawker Hunter, Mystere, a few Mig-21s, etc. to be included in the campaign.

CPU: Core i7 7700k, Mobo: GA-Z270x Gaming 7 rev. 1, RAM: 2 x 8GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz, GPU: Zotac GTX 1060 Amp Edition, SSD: Samsung 850 pro 512 GB, SSD: 2 x Samsung 850 EVO 512 GB (RAID 0), Intel 530 Series 240GB SSD, HDD: WD 2TB Caviar Black, TrackIR 5, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro, CH PRO Pedals.

• 2 weeks later...

On top of whatever hand made maps come with the new engine, a program could be made to pull a world map from Google earth. I know Google earth has a built in lightweight flight sim. I would use it to fly from my army post back home (it took hours). Anyway, you could make the new engine load its data from Google earth. Bam. Constantly updated and fully textured globe. I think it even has airport data and the buildings from large cities.

Not as nice as a handmade map, but still pretty cool. Especially if they want to add the SR71 or mig25.

• 2 weeks later...

New Theaters Wishlist

Hopefully, with EDGE coming along soon we will be able to have some new theaters to fly around in.

Anyways, my question is: what new theaters do you want next?

Personally, I want a southeast Asia map to be made next, so that way anyone can recreate some famous battles of the Vietnam war.

My other wish is for a global map, so we never have to bother with having another map

DCS: F-4E really needs to be a thing!!!!!!

Aircraft: A-10C, Ka-50, UH-1H, MiG-21, F-15C, Su-27, MiG-29, A-10A, Su-25, Su-25T, TF-51

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Whatever maps are created in the future, keep them REAL! A fictional map has been suggested but I feel it would take away from the entire atmosphere that DCS has created. I'm patient and believe that at some point additional maps will be created at a much faster pace then what we've seen up to this point. As the EA Sports motto goes with a slight adjustment...If it's in the world it's in DCS! Okay, maybe not that creative but you get the gist.