F-18 grip, WARTHOG compatible

I know the throttle will not be compatible with the Cougar, but will the Replika stick be comparable with the Cougar stick base?

There's no reason why it wouldn't, except for one button (CMS down) that is present only on Warthog and Cougar software does not support it. But it probably won't be used, because those sticks in general have less buttons than A-10 grip.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

Here's the situation.

I can start right now, right this moment. I'll make you a grip and pedals in a few days, and then someone else will want one. And another one and so on.

And before you know it, I'm stuck making a couple of products each week, with no time on improving the production process. I can't stop because I'm making profit, but I can't go forward either because I've reached my quantity limits...

This is the situation with every single (small) simulation gear maker today. I will not go down that path. Waiting lists and pre-orders are not my dream, and is not the path that leads to 60$ grips. 10,000 pieces per month. That's the goal. Potential pieces of course, I won't manufacture that much without the market to support it, but I want that potential.

I don't know if it's destiny :) but:

1) today a company revealed a patent for a 3d printing system that is 100 (one hundred) times faster than what I have right now, which was already two times faster than anything else. and with surface finish quality unimaginable until today. I only have to modify my system slightly to get to that level.

2) a major player released it's resin recipe under open source license just a couple of days ago

If you read my last post about 60$ resin grips. There were two obstacles holding them back. The very two I just mentioned, DIY resin and faster printing. They're solved now. So hang in there, the magic show is about to start, just not today. But not so far as to be next year either. It will be monthly improvements and giant leaps forward.

Edited by hegykc
  • Like 2

I just read on that. This improvement is going to change 3D printing totally

My rig specs:

Intel Core i7 4770 @3.4Ghz // Corsair 16GB DDR3 // MoBo Asus Z87K // HDD 1TB 7200RPM // eVGA Nvidia GTX 760GT 2GB DDR5 // LG 3D 47" 1920x1080 // Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS // Saitek Combat Pro Pedals // Thrustmaster MFD Cougar pack // PS3 Eye + FTNOIR

If you read my last post about 60$ resin grips. There were two obstacles holding them back.

While i can definetly understand the need for speedy production, I though you already had the material figured out, no?

As for carbon3d ( I assume that's what you referring to) it indeed looks impressive, but are they starting sales in foreseeable future?

Edited by agrasyuk

Anton.

My pit build thread .

Simple and cheap UFC project

Amazing news as usual hegkcy. Can wait to get my hands on some of your gear!

My Specs

Asus Maximus Hero IX Z270

i7 7700k @ 4.7GHz

32GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3700MHz DDR4

EVGA RTX 2080Ti

Samsung 960 Evo 1TB M.2 NVME SSD

EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2

Acer XB270HU 144Hz @ 1440p (IPS)

Valve Index

OOOOhhh, I wish I had the Alpha of a Hornet!

Take your time and do it right. It reflects back on you, you are in the cat bird's seat. Like ED with DCS 2.0, don't let those that are impatient push the envelope and get you to release something that does not meet YOUR standards. Best of luck with your undertaking. Hope you get filthy rich from all your work.

Intel i5-4690K Devil's Canyon, GForce TitanX, ASUS Z-97A MB, 16GB GDDR3 GSkill mem, Samsung SSD X3,Track IR, TM Warthog, MFG Crosswind pedals, Acer XB280HK monitor,GAMETRIX KW-908 JETSEAT

No Rush, we are not going anywhere mate, and of course, we are talking about F18 Throttle and Grips here. I think we have a bit of time to play with before she turns up in the hangar. ;)

I'm just loving reading these updates every week or so. The best things come to hose who wait.

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

Here's the situation.

I can start right now, right this moment. I'll make you a grip and pedals in a few days, .

Ok, perfect. I´ll tell nobody :music_whistling:

No, no... seriously, take your time you are making a great job and I think you are taking the best decisions.

Saludos Costa.

Take your time to optimize your production. I will be here when you start to sell your fine products. ;-))

PC: Win 10 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 64GB RAM, GForce RTX 4090.

Cockpit & HOTAS: VKB Gunfighter MKIII with MCG PRO, Vipril MT-50 CM2, Virpil Rotor Plus & SharKa-50 grip, Thrustmaster TPR, Virpil SharKa-50 Control Panel, WinWing Phoenix MIP, WinWing PTO & PCR, Total Control Apachte MPD frames, several DIY panels, NLR GTTRACK, NLR Motion V3, ButtKicker Gamer PLUS

VR: Varjo Aero, HP Reverb G2

Personally i like instant gratification

I would just take it as-is , if you get a better printer down the road etc then all the better (there are plenty of stuff you plan to make that people will buy than just the hornet grip/throttle )

Also you could probably fund a few more printers if you show a good enough business model to a bank, or just start a kickstarter even.

just throwing around ideas...

IAF.Tomer

My Rig:

Core i7 6700K + Corsair Hydro H100i GTX

Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7,G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3000Mhz

Gigabyte GTX 980 OC

Samsung 840EVO 250GB + 3xCrucial 275GB in RAID 0 (1500 MB/s)

Asus MG279Q | TM Warthog + Saitek Combat Pedals + TrackIR 5

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm not waiting on this newest tech. I should have 10,000 unit capability within a month or two. At this point delays happen when a component arrives broken and I have to spend a a few weeks e-mailing, and a few weeks waiting on replacements.

That's it. There's no more major breakthroughs or problems to overcome. Just stupid delays like the laser cutter the other day. I was supposed to be cutting and making instruments, but the laser arrived broken, and after 2 weeks of e-mails I have to wait another month on replacement parts.

Great news and thank you for the updates! Sounds like things are falling into place nicely and I'm excited to see your product come to market!

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | ASUS Crosshair Hero X670E | 64GB G Skill Trident Z DDR5 6000 | Nvidia RTX 4090 FE| Samsung EVO Plus 6 TB M.2 PCIe SSDs | TM Hornet Stick/WinWing Hornet Throttle and MIP | VPC T-50 Stick Base | TM TPR Rudder Pedals W/Damper | Varjo Aero/Pimax Crystal

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

Carrier Strike Group One(CSG-1) Discord

Here's the situation.

If you read my last post about 60$ resin grips. There were two obstacles holding them back. The very two I just mentioned, DIY resin and faster printing.

While i can definetly understand the need for speedy production, I though you already had the material figured out, no?

Yes I do, but I am buying it from a supplier. Now, I can mix my own which can further reduce the cost of production.

not sure why you used the word "obstacle" then.

and as far as material i thought you going with some sort of special resin that offers better mechanical properties then usual 3dprint materials. did it happen that autodesk opened the recipe of that exact resin?

Anton.

My pit build thread .

Simple and cheap UFC project

Nope, nothing special about the resin. "Obstacle" because right now I'm buying it and it's probably xy times more expensive then mixing my own. The shipping and import duties alone would cut the cost in half.

It's better then usual 3d printing materials because usual material is ABS fillament, that's all the hobby market is talking about. And when someone said "it's just a 3d printed part" they were referring to ABS filament and comparing this to that could not be more wrong.

This may have been asked previously, so apologies if we're going over the same ground.

I have a friend who is interested in a high-end HOTAS setup (think TM Warthog), yet is a leftie. While discussing it earlier, I remembered seeing this thread a while back.

What sort of costs might we be looking at for a left-handed conversion of a TM Warthog HOTAS or similar?

Best regards,

Baker

UltraMFCD 3.0 in the works.

https://ultramfcd.com

There is no left hand conversion in aviation. You fly in the left seat your left hand operates the flight controls and the right hand operates the throttles. You fly in the right seat......well, you get the picture. Ergo no left hand conversion.

There is no left hand conversion in aviation. You fly in the left seat your left hand operates the flight controls and the right hand operates the throttles. You fly in the right seat......well, you get the picture. Ergo no left hand conversion.

;)

There are some custom-made leftie sticks, but in general aircraft with single seats are operated with the right hand on the stick, left hand on the throttles. Aircraft with left and right seats and a center pedestal are different. Some like Airbus and Cirrus have left-hand sticks for the left seat, right-hand for the right seat and you have to deal even your other hand is dominant. Some exceptions are the B-1 which has center stick and left throttles for both left and right seats.

Edited by Blaze

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "