DCS F-35A

Wags

Speak for yourself. Based on what I know, KI has the experience, knowledge and access to make this happen.

Facts, not words.

Maybe there would have been more if they didn't have a few dedicated haters trying to scuttle their project? Sure they could have done things differently to reach a larger audience - that is life...

There's no hater that can fight facts. On the other side they can fight a bunch of "promises".

So now anyone that wants to see this project come to fruition is stupid? Congratulations you just violated the forum rules...

I never said or wrote that, you're interpreting my words in the wrong way, so please do not put in my a mouth a phrase that I never wrote (this would be certainly against the forum rules). To reply to your question then, my answer is: "No, I did not". There's certainly some stupid people in the world, but I never labeled anyone of this forum with that word. If anything I would call those ppl who pledged: "extremely naïve".

Edited by npole

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These "Promises" are supported by ED. Aren't you just so cool, being all skeptical and everything? Here's a fact, KI has experience with this field, look on their website, also here's a fact, Wags made the first post in this thread, not eagle13. If you want to bash third party developers because it's cool, make a separate thread to do so.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I never said or wrote that, you're interpreting my words in the wrong way, so please do not put in my a mouth a phrase that I never wrote (this would be certainly against the forum rules). To reply to your question then, my answer is: "No, I did not". There's certainly some stupid people in the world, but I never labeled anyone of this forum with that word. If anything I would call those ppl who pledged: "extremely naïve".

but ppl aren't that stupid.. we'll apart some of them (316?).

Reported.

Acer Predator 17X | i7 7820HK | 32GB DDR4-2400 | GTX1080 | 2x LiteOn 256GB SSD (RAID0) | HGST 1TB@7200RPM HDD | Creative SBX G5 | Win10 x64 FCU | VKB Gladiator Mk.2+Gametrix ECS, TM Cougar FCC3/VKB Fat King Cobra Mk.4/VKB GF Mk.2 w/ MCG Pro (coming)+Warthog Throttle | MFD Cougar Pack | TM TFRP, Saitek Combat, BRD MS3/F3(coming) | Logitech G13 | CST L-TRAC 2545W Trackball | TIR5+TCP, PS3Eye+Trackhat Clip Plus/UTC Mk.2 | HyperX Cloud Alpha | Playseat Flight Simulator/Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog

Here's a fact, KI has experience with this field, look on their website,

Ok, I don't get it. Have you looked at their website?

What exactly about that is convincing? They make Simpits that look very nice and that's about it.

Everything else I see there is a section for the DCS F35 and Flighttime (whatever that is) which are both WIP.

• Like 1

DCS Wishlist: Ka 26

Why bother with npole? It's apparent that he neither get's the idea behind kickstarter, nor does he understand what the real F35 is about. ("Facts"... Yeah, yeah, ok :P)

It seems he is just upset because KI didn't chose a plane to develope he likes and now starts trolling around. So just let him do this as long as he want's to.

• Like 1

Why bother with npole? It's apparent that he neither get's the idea behind kickstarter, nor does he understand what the real F35 is about. ("Facts"... Yeah, yeah, ok :P)

It seems he is just upset because KI didn't chose a plane to develope he likes and now starts trolling around. So just let him do this as long as he want's to.

I don't care if he get the idea behind KS or F-35. The fact that he is trolling around should be investigated by moderator, and if he did break any rule then receive the consequences accordingly.

Acer Predator 17X | i7 7820HK | 32GB DDR4-2400 | GTX1080 | 2x LiteOn 256GB SSD (RAID0) | HGST 1TB@7200RPM HDD | Creative SBX G5 | Win10 x64 FCU | VKB Gladiator Mk.2+Gametrix ECS, TM Cougar FCC3/VKB Fat King Cobra Mk.4/VKB GF Mk.2 w/ MCG Pro (coming)+Warthog Throttle | MFD Cougar Pack | TM TFRP, Saitek Combat, BRD MS3/F3(coming) | Logitech G13 | CST L-TRAC 2545W Trackball | TIR5+TCP, PS3Eye+Trackhat Clip Plus/UTC Mk.2 | HyperX Cloud Alpha | Playseat Flight Simulator/Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog

The problem is exactly this.. KI did not proven to be capable of doing what he claimed, it's just a bunch of words: we can do this, we can do that, but the facts (and the money) is something else.

In your opinion.

In fact only 316 people trustem them
You're confused. 316 people donated. How many trusted isn't counted anywhere.

The F35 is the worst decision they could ever made, probably they believed that developing a "unknown" aircraft would have been easier (ppl does know nothing about it, so we can just invent everything: the flying model, the avionics.. who will notice it's completely off?), but ppl aren't that stupid.. we'll apart some of them (316?).
This is something invented. Provide a shred of evidence for anything you've said here.

A reason to expect this project to fail has yet to come up, so I'm yet to think that it will go down. Unless you're trying really hard not to set yourself up for disappointment, I don't see any reason to go along with these exaggerations.

There's no hater that can fight facts. On the other side they can fight a bunch of "promises".

It can be easy with misinformation.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

These "Promises" are supported by ED. Aren't you just so cool, being all skeptical and everything? Here's a fact, KI has experience with this field, look on their website, also here's a fact, Wags made the first post in this thread, not eagle13. If you want to bash third party developers because it's cool, make a separate thread to do so.

Again, i'm interested into the facts, and I operate of logic. It's not a matter of like (or not) a particular aircraft, neither about third party modules.. in example I don't think I would ever fly the Mig21 (talking about another third party developer), but I recognize the reason behind that choice.

I'm not there to "bash" em because I don't like the Mig21, it wouldn't make sense! I'm interested into the DCS success (nor because I earn money from it, but because it will continue to exists.. giving to me fun).

Now talking about the fun, what I'm worried is that inaccurate third party modules will step into DCS, transforming a "serious" simulator into something else, at that point I will bail out.. the problem is that there's really not many places where to go. :)

To resume: it's not about KI; it's not about the F35.. it's about the consequence = the possibility that DCS will dive towards the inaccuracy, becoming less and less simulative.

I guess most are like me, who thinks this will never see the light of day.

I'm afraid of the same, but I sincerely wish to be wrong on this one. I'd like to fly it one day.

To resume: it's not about KI; it's not about the F35.. it's about the consequence = the possibility that DCS will dive towards the inaccuracy, becoming less and less simulative.

I understand your concerns. I think nobody here wants DCS to turn into semi-arcade game. But right now, we don't have enough reason to believe this is the case.

After all DCS is ED's baby and I hope they will pick their partners wisely, so DCS can grow and flourish.

Again, i'm interested into the facts, and I operate of logic. It's not a matter of like (or not) a particular aircraft, neither about third party modules.. in example I don't think I would ever fly the Mig21 (talking about another third party developer), but I recognize the reason behind that choice.

I'm not there to "bash" em because I don't like the Mig21, it wouldn't make sense! I'm interested into the DCS success (nor because I earn money from it, but because it will continue to exists.. giving to me fun).

Now talking about the fun, what I'm worried is that inaccurate third party modules will step into DCS, transforming a "serious" simulator into something else, at that point I will bail out.. the problem is that there's really not many places where to go. :)

What on earth are you talking about?

You act like you're the high protector of DCS fidelity. I hate to break it to you, but you're not...

ED has stated that DCS will include products ranging from FC3 fidelity to full spec high fidelity simulations as the A-10C and Ka-50.

No matter what dribble and negativity you manage to spew out will change that.

And simply by your attitude, where you actually welcome a failed KS campaign for adding a very exciting module to DCS World, shows me that you are a very "small" person, thinking purely about yourself and your interest instead of the DCS World as a community.

Posting so much negativity, and constantly bashing a product that is not even of the ground is beyond me. Specially when it doesn't affect you one bit. Don't like it? Don't buy it.

The problem is exactly this.. [blah, blah, blah, blah... nothing that anybody hasn't read from you already in the last 10 days.]

I cannot believe you're still at this. I got busy during the last week and a half and haven't checked the forums much in that time, but it seems like you haven't skipped a beat in bashing KI and their F-35 project. How right was I when I said people like you were behaving more like this was a "personal vendetta" than anything?

I don't know how Kinney Interactive could have so grossly offended you, but you clearly have no interest in owning the DCS: F-35 module yourself and there's obviously nothing at this point that KI or anyone can do or say that is going to change your opinion in the slightest. Either you just want to grief anyone who likes this project or you really need to reevaluate how much time you spend flying versus typing in this flight sim hobby of yours. As far as serving your interests is concerned, you should have moved on from this thread ages ago.

DCS: F-35 will become a reality despite all the naysaying you or anyone else can muster. Again, all the more reason you should have just quit after the first few posts back when you were still being civil.

• ED Team

I will remind everyone to review the forum rules here.

http://forums.eagle.ru/rules.php#en

In particular:

1.2. - Members must treat other with respect and tolerance. Material that is offensive, insulting or constitutes an attack against any individual or group will be subject to administrative actions.

DCS: F-35 will become a reality

Of course, I hope there will be many other aircrafts steps into DCS (assuming they'll be enough accurate), we have tenth of different fighters that may become a reality! :)

• Like 1

Guys, there are so many posts I can't find anything here now.

Did they say what happens after when kickstarter funding fail? Will they make another attempt, or look for money somewhere else?

The f-35 module is happening regardless of the KS campaign as it is already funded. That KS campaign was a way to raise that much more to get things moving that much faster.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Did they say what happens after when kickstarter funding fail? Will they make another attempt, or look for money somewhere else?

They said they will continue to develop it anyway, so I expect to see a dedicate forum in the "third party" area, where DCS users may eventually follow the progress.

If it'll be good enough, eventually, it will turns into a official module.

They've said they'll pursue more conventional means of obtaining funding, so the project will definitely go on. As far as starting another Kickstarter, they've said the $75,000 is what they need to get going and they didn't have an intention of using KS for a lesser amount, but I wouldn't say it was anything definitive. I hope they do start another though, because the $30,000 people pledged is no small chunk of change and it could still be plenty helpful.

I don't care what kickstarter is. If you want money, first you have to show what you've got to offer. That's natural law, you can't just bypass it. And, as you can see for yourself, reality has verified it pretty quickly.

Popularity of chosen aircraft? Look around, get real, how many mashines we've got already and how many years have passed? Everyone on this forum will buy everything released, even the DCS: Paper Plane. I'll be happy if only 1/3 of already announced aircrafts see the daylight, within next 5 years, if ever.

Beside that, marketing and marketing. Look at Star Citizen. (personaly, ithink dude's got nothing, but has great marketing)

Number one:

Kickstarter has proven again and again that great ideas can bring people together, regardless of whether anything is actually shown or not. Just look at Oculus Rift as an example of a great idea that people thought was worth backing.

The whole POINT of Kickstarter is funding IDEAS, not finished products. You fund something so that eventually the finished product can come to life. It would be pretty pointless if Kickstarter projects were finished products that people would simply sell on Kickstarter: in that case it's not Kickstarter at all, it's Ebay.

As for Star Citizen: it's obvious you know nothing about it. Of course, if it were not for Chris Roberts, the Wing Commander legend, it wouldn't have the success it's boasting now. But the main part was still the IDEA: if CR came up with something stupid, his crowdfunding would be a failure. But the product he is developing is so far beyond any other similar product, with such depth, that people responded to the idea with a lot of support.

I'm sad that Kinney didn't fund F35 via Kickstarter. I think they are perfectly capable delivering a convincing level of realism for the plane, even with the limited documentation available.

I can however understand the lack of trust, especially from the hardcore flight sim crowd: if you're developing a DCS fidelity aircraft, people will only trust you if you have the access to documentation necessary to make it 100% realistic. This is a very specific audience that expects and demands only top tier simulations, and convincing approximation just won't cut it.

Edited by ishtmail

DCS A10C Warthog, DCS Black Shark 2, DCS P51D Mustang, DCS UH-1H Huey, DCS Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight, Flaming Cliffs 3, Combined Arms

System: Intel i7 4770k @4,2GHz; MSI Z87-G65; 16GB DDR3 1600 MHz RAM; 128GB SSD SATA3 (system disk); 2TB HDD SATA3 (games disk); Sapphire Radeon R9 290 Tri-X; Windows 7 64bit

Flight controls: Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder; TrackIR 5; Thrustmaster F16 MFDs; 2x 8'' LCD screens (VGA) for MFD display; 27'' LG LCD full HD main display