DCS F-35A

Wags

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought it was going to be "topped off"..... what happened?

It was explained several times in this thread: KI would have "topped off" the difference between the 75000 of KS and the real costs of the project.

It was never intended to fill up the missing amount up to the 75000 $.

Sad Day

INTEL CORE I7 6700K

ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO

ASUS ROG GTX1080Ti Strix OC

16GB @ 4100 MHz |CORSAIR

Intel 730 SSD 240GB

Corsair 850 W Modular PSU

Corsair Obsidian 650d

Logitech X-56 HOTAS ,Saitek X-65F HOTAS, Pro Ruder Pedals, Pro Flight Instrument Panel

NP TrackIr 5 Pro

Windows 10 PRO

About his credibility.

He not only has nothing good to show but the last project he worked on, "Combat Pilot" sponsored by MadCatz failed miserably with a ridiculous pricing model.

https://store.gameshark.com/secure/combatpilot/

He left that project long before it got to its current state...

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

Official communicate Kinney Facebook page, the project continue without KS:

https://www.facebook.com/DCSF35

An announcement from David Kinney regarding our Kickstarter campaign.

On behalf of the Kinney Interactive Team, I would like to thank everyone who has supported the F-35A project over the last few weeks.While we did not meet our Kickstarter financial goal, we have gained something just as valuable, a large number of passionate and enthusiastic community members, and future OPEVAL Test Pilots. As we had previously stated, the F-35 projects will still be going ahead, all be it at a slower pace, as we secure more conventional funding.

We have had a lot of supporters contact us, asking if they can still pledge to the project directly because they want to support us and see this project succeed. To them I would like to say thank you, but we prefer to have funding in place and a firm development schedule before taking additional funds. Again we value and look forward to your continued support.

Please continue to follow our progress for future announcements, and again thank you for your support

• Like 1

What on earth are you talking about?

You act like you're the high protector of DCS fidelity. I hate to break it to you, but you're not...

ED has stated that DCS will include products ranging from FC3 fidelity to full spec high fidelity simulations as the A-10C and Ka-50.

No matter what dribble and negativity you manage to spew out will change that.

And simply by your attitude, where you actually welcome a failed KS campaign for adding a very exciting module to DCS World, shows me that you are a very "small" person, thinking purely about yourself and your interest instead of the DCS World as a community.

Posting so much negativity, and constantly bashing a product that is not even of the ground is beyond me. Specially when it doesn't affect you one bit. Don't like it? Don't buy it.

^Couldn't agree more.

Are people so blind or do people distrust ED so much that they think ED will give support to a title due to wear the DCS brand if THEY (the real guardians of the DCSW and DCS brand) thought it was a weak product?

And for all those people that think they are flying a 100% fidelity sim in BS2 or A10c then wake up coz even ED will tell you your not. Once again, ED hold the right to say how close a module has to be garner the DCS brand. Not anyone here.

And guess what. F35 is still coming to DCSW as a HiFi DCS title that is still backed by ED - so learn to either love it or deal with it.

Edited by Sharpe_95

I look forward to the day when we are able go through our start up checklist and launch a group of our F-35's. Than from miles away and without being seen on radar, takeout these haters who are too negative and have nothing good to say about the F-35. :megalol:

......Than from miles away and without being seen on radar, takeout these haters who are too negative and have nothing good to say about the F-35. :megalol:

Lol on what server? I think that the best you can hope for is shooting at other F-35's. That or A.I. ;)

:D

• Like 1

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Lol on what server? I think that the best you can hope for is shooting at other F-35's. That or A.I. ;)

:D

If they are not willing to fight against the F-35 then they shouldn't trash it.:P I'll make a server dedicated just for those haters to join in and walk their talk :smilewink:

Intel i7 12700k / Corsair H150i Elite Capellix / Asus TUF Z690 Wifi D4 / Corsair Dominator 32GB 3200Mhz / Corsair HW1000W / 1x Samsung SSD 970 Evo Plus 500Gb + 1 Corsair MP600 1TB / ASUS ROG Strix RTX 3080 OC V2 / Fractal Design Meshify 2 / HOTAS Warthog / TFRP Rudder / TrackIR 5 / Dell U2515h 25" Monitor 1440p

Well everytime the F-35 wins, they'll just say it's over-modeled.

lol true :lol:

Intel i7 12700k / Corsair H150i Elite Capellix / Asus TUF Z690 Wifi D4 / Corsair Dominator 32GB 3200Mhz / Corsair HW1000W / 1x Samsung SSD 970 Evo Plus 500Gb + 1 Corsair MP600 1TB / ASUS ROG Strix RTX 3080 OC V2 / Fractal Design Meshify 2 / HOTAS Warthog / TFRP Rudder / TrackIR 5 / Dell U2515h 25" Monitor 1440p

If they are not willing to fight against the F-35 then they shouldn't trash it.:P

I'm sure if you look carefully you'll realize that it's not the aircraft people have a problem with. In any event, bygones.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Which countries are those?

Italy in example, it is a lvl2 partner (only after the UK that is a lvl1 partner), is reviewing the whole F35 agreement, and not only because of the global economic situation. Btw we're OT here, since this thread is dedicate to the simulation not to the real aircraft.

If they are not willing to fight against the F-35 then they shouldn't trash it.:P I'll make a server dedicated just for those haters to join in and walk their talk :smilewink:

You can do it right now, using the aircrafts available today (there's even planes of different eras!), why someone should wait for a F35?

You can do it right now, using the aircrafts available today (there's even planes of different eras!), why someone should wait for a F35?

I rather wait for the F-35 :)

Otherwise this entire thread is pointless.

I get the feeling that trying to do an F-35 at this point in the aircraft's operational history, ie. before its properly even begun, seems a bit premature. Its rather sensationalist in my opinion.

ZOMG TEH NEW TOY! "Finally you can fly a plane that will shut those Sukchoi lovers up, but good!"

In the FSX community its generally felt that trying to do a high fidelity version of a Boeing 787 would be silly since its so new, there aren't very many pilots with hours in it and you're not gonna easily find one to work with you.

787 isn't even classified, unlike the super secret F-35 of which apparently the climb rate is still a closely guarded secret. The one payware 787 available for FSX is also generally considered to be crap.

I don't hold out much hope for the F-35 DCS module to be considered one of the better ones if it ever does come out. Its just too early.

*Prepares for irrational flaming because he displayed non-positive commentary*

• Like 2

Warning: Nothing I say is automatically correct, even if I think it is.

*Prepares for irrational flaming because he displayed non-positive commentary*

No one cares whether its positive or negative though. It's about being rational.

Being new or partially classified doesn't preclude making a sim, and the good news with DCS is that you can choose what you want to interact with. All that's being done by including the F-35 is opening up more possibilities for DCS World.

If they can't get something right, omit it. Maybe patch it in later. In the end, there probably won't be much to complain about unless someone is committed to making a fuss. Your concerns on accuracy are legitimate, but why wouldn't F-35 be considered a good module? Even if there is a lack of information, that doesn't not mean that the plane will fail to be convincing in any way.

• Like 1

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

I'm still waiting for proof of ground radar for Client side pilots.:thumbup:

all these new aircraft coming in and no ground radar concepts or alpha..

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

No one cares whether its positive or negative though. It's about being rational.

Being new or partially classified doesn't preclude making a sim, and the good news with DCS is that you can choose what you want to interact with. All that's being done by including the F-35 is opening up more possibilities for DCS World.

If they can't get something right, omit it. Maybe patch it in later. In the end, there probably won't be much to complain about unless someone is committed to making a fuss. Your concerns on accuracy are legitimate, but why wouldn't F-35 be considered a good module? Even if there is a lack of information, that doesn't not mean that the plane will fail to be convincing in any way.

I'm confused. How can we accurately model an airplane without hard data on even something as simple as climb rate? What's our metric? Make sure a late-block F-16 has to use Afterburner to keep up and call it "convincing"?

Thats hardly scientific. Apparently though I'm not being rational. You're already saying that my skepticism is irrational, hence my assumption that any statement that isn't basically cheer leading is going to be met with reluctance at best, and venom at worst.

In VNAO we flew around for years in FC2 with a Tomcat with the F-15 cockpit and a Super Hornet with a MiG-29 cockpit but guess what, we had a great group of pilots who had a blast.

I'd be happy with an F-35 that had the F-15 flight model, nice looking screens, TGP like A-10C. For all that EO sensor business surely some sort of TADs deal that just used Map (F10) view information.

I'm sure that'd be realistic enough for a lot of us to have some fun

A $75k kickstarter surely ought to justify a bit more than what you're referencing.

Everyone is entitled to their definition of fun. You're describing an awfully degraded simulation experience though. An F-15 in F-35 clothing?

If thats the standard the community wants to establish... I dunno what to say. Somehow I doubt many people would be happy with that, but many wouldn't realize this til after parting with their money I suspect.

Warning: Nothing I say is automatically correct, even if I think it is.

Well everyone, it has been a very funny thread. Got a few laughs out of it.

I'd like to say thank-you to the members of the "ZOMG F-35 IS AWESOMESAUCE" crowd, and a thanks for all the useless pictures that I wasted bandwidth on. You're awesome!

I would however like to point out that if the F-35 was the coming of the aircraft messiah that some seem to proclaim, why were there alleged backhand deals done to sell it in Europe? Oops, off topic...

Secondly, thank-you to the "F-35 is a flying heap of junk" crowd. Between the above group and yours, the slugging matches have been amusing to say the least.

Finally, I'd like to praise those that form the "Mum! He's saying bad things are going to happen and is trying to shatter my illusions of sunshine and bunnies!" group. Ah, like the arguments of children in a playground.

It has been quite a roller-coaster indeed.

• Like 1