BO-105 PAH1A1 progress news

The_Fragger

BO-105 PAH1A1 progress news  

1605 members have voted

1. 1. BO-105 PAH1A1 progress news

• Yes
    • No
    • I dont't care

That is the exact point! While Teams wait for contracts to be clarified, new data for new projects get fetched, and the texture Artists or modelers are idle twiddling their thumbs, I rather see them "wasting" their time on things like "civilian" variants, if they want to, rather than just sitting around and waiting for the next project.

Considering the effort versus sales, a few days work into a civilian mod may also acquire financial resources, that can help develop the next "military" project.

I definitely prefer military flight simulation and don't want DCS World to become DFS (Digital Flight Simulation) World, but I don't mind the more non-combat mission stuff, and in some scenarios I can see a civilian model making lots of sense.

Learning the basics on a civilian BO-105 as a Medical Transport Pilot or VIP Taxi in Vegas, then conversion to a DEA career, learning "combat employment" with the army at Nellis. Final tour of duty against drug traffickers along the US border?

Would make for a quite believable campaign, I guess.

Because most of these civilian versions have different cockpits, different systems, all of which need to be modeled in detail, which takes a long time, longer than the 'decide next project' step would be. Furthermore, you'd then need to support these versions. DCS tends to break modules every time it updates, so now they'd be wasting time keeping the civvy versions up to date rather than working on the combat modules.

Because most of these civilian versions have different cockpits, different systems, all of which need to be modeled in detail, which takes a long time, longer than the 'decide next project' step would be. Furthermore, you'd then need to support these versions. DCS tends to break modules every time it updates, so now they'd be wasting time keeping the civvy versions up to date rather than working on the combat modules.

As I said, it is up for the Devs to decide.

If they want to just add a civilian paint job and remove the pylons, like Belsimtek or remove cockpit model parts, it is up to them.

And as I said earlier, the Gazelle has too much cockpit differences, so quickly modding that is difficult.

The whole point is that there is no limit to DCS just because of a name. A focus certainly, but not a "we don't do civilian planes" attitude... and we sure have a large part in the community that is flying on non-combat servers. E.g. Virtual Aerobatics who is always well visited.

This community has diversity and that is a good thing.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

The more complex systems in terms of helicopters are the military once, so there is also more to break then in a civil version.

About airbus planes, like the a319 and higherfor example, well it does not matter, if something breaks it break. but maybe, if the community grows more money would be available for a more stable system ?

Oh no, Bo105PAH1 is a threat? :O :D :D

(otherwise agree)

Try typing on a smartphone with auto-"corrections" and that's what Google keyboard "think" is correct... :megalol:

Shagrat

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Oh no, Bo105PAH1 is a threat? :O :D :D

(otherwise agree)

That really depends on what side of the HOT you are on.:music_whistling:

Truly superior pilots are those that use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

"If at first you don't succeed, Carrier Landings are not for you!"

• 1 month later...

Are you guys (Polychop) planning to release the pah1a1 and hkp9 at the same time, or? If that`s not the case, when can we expect "a rough" release of pah1a1?

I saw a possible (yes I know it`s all due to change and not specific, but still :music_whistling:) release frame around 2016-2017 for hkp9.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Are you guys (Polychop) planning to release the pah1a1 and hkp9 at the same time, or? If that`s not the case, when can we expect "a rough" release of pah1a1?

I saw a possible (yes I know it`s all due to change and not specific, but still :music_whistling:) release frame around 2016-2017 for hkp9.

Expect some anouncement in the late 2016 beginning of 2017 ;)

Edited by The_Fragger

2D/3D Artist

MILTECH-5 /PD

Lead 3D Artist - TrueGrit Virtual Technologies

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

BO-105 PAH1A1/VBH / HKP-9A / BO-105 CBS-5 KLH

Eurofighter Typhoon

https://www.facebook.com/PolyDynamicsDCS/

Windows 10 (x64)

3x Corsair SSD GT 250 GB

Mainboard: Asus STRIX Z390-F

CPU: Intel Core I9-9900K @ 3.60GHz

RAM: 64 Gb

Graphics: MSI GForce GTX 980 TI 4GB

HOTAS Warthog

Hofmann Simpad Rudders

Oculus Rift / Oculus Touch

Heavy Metal is the law ! :punk:

Expect some anouncement in the late 2016 beginning of 2017 ;)

That hurts :cry:

a bit

regards Ganesh

She: "Your orders from ED have reached a total amount of $871,88 and your hardware expenses are countless..."
Me: "I can´t invest my money much better until i wait for Germanys Next Top Model": The
Bo-105 PAH1A1

+ Vulkan & continuous work on multithread & VR optimization!

Asus Z490E - 10900k@5,3GHz - 64GB 3600 DDR4 - 4090FE - Reverb G2 - MFG Crosswinds +DamperMod - Selfmade TableMounts - Centered VirPil T-50 Base with 20cm Extension - TM Warthog & Hornet Grip - TM Throttle +SlewMod - Pimped MSFFB2 for Huey - JetSeat SE on a sawn out office Chair - PointCTRL

There is a German proverb: "Gut Ding will Weile haben."

Roughly translates as "Good things take time."

Until now it looks very promising and I guess it will be worth, the wait. :)

Shagrat

I absolutely agree.

Plus, we will have the Gazelle to play with while waiting, so no harm done if it takes just a little more time. :)

Hopefully the hind too...

We can wait for this machine, I gots a feeling it will be virtually complete on release (including manual) and for that... I can wait.

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

Tell me please! Smoke generators will be made?

Screen_160219_220414.thumb.jpg.46e81408d57ed1a12fb578b5f9273395.jpg

по земле скучно ходить...

вот по этому и летаем🙂

* MSI Z790 TOMAHAWK * i7-13700KF * Gigabyte RTX 3070 Ti 8GB *

* G.SKILL Trident z5 DDR5 6000Мгц * M2 SSD 1TB * Arctic LF ll 280 *

• 3 weeks later...

Let there be light :)

DWP_BO-105.thumb.jpg.edfa83de55ef24020071350f7247b654.jpg

• Like 1

2D/3D Artist

MILTECH-5 /PD

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Eurofighter Typhoon

Windows 10 (x64)

3x Corsair SSD GT 250 GB

HOTAS Warthog

Hofmann Simpad Rudders

You broke it. No more flying for you!:D

:):thumbup:

2D/3D Artist

MILTECH-5 /PD

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Eurofighter Typhoon

Windows 10 (x64)

3x Corsair SSD GT 250 GB

HOTAS Warthog

Hofmann Simpad Rudders

My god man... How many tool bars do you have...... and/or need??

I gonna use almost all of them since I'm not a menu clicker :) - The others are "just in case"

2D/3D Artist

MILTECH-5 /PD

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Eurofighter Typhoon

Windows 10 (x64)

3x Corsair SSD GT 250 GB

HOTAS Warthog

Hofmann Simpad Rudders

• 3 weeks later...
By Polychop Facebook, Bo-105 has official approval license by Airbus Helicopters.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/bo105pah/1737026936533529/?notif_t=group_activity&notif_id=1459318969128132

sweet news indeed... hopefully that also includes the 3rd helicopter.:)

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.