DCS World environmental shaders mod

Will this work with the Mod Enabler 'JSGME' ?

EVERY mod works with JSGME..if the mod is not already in JSGME format you can do it by yourself (very easy). For Mustangs Mod...just create a Folder "Mustang sky and clouds" (or whateer you like) in your JSGME _Mods directory and copy the folders from Mustang`s mod in there

My Specs:

I don`t care..it is a Computer..a black one..

• Replies 774
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EVERY mod works with JSGME..if the mod is not already in JSGME format you can do it by yourself (very easy). For Mustangs Mod...just create a Folder "Mustang sky and clouds" (or whateer you like) in your JSGME _Mods directory and copy the folders from Mustang`s mod in there

Thanks Lizzard,you learn something everyday,I appreciate your help mate :thumbup:

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog with MFG 10cm Extension/WINWING Orion Rudder Pedals (With Damper Edition)/TrackiR5/Windows 11 Home

no shadow for clouds on the sea with this version v5.70.

also on my computer the luminosity is bigger .

Unless I'm reading 1st post wrong, there is version with shadows and one without, which are you using?

Win 10 64 bit

Intel I-7 7700K

32GB Ram

Nvidia Geforce GTX 1060 6gig

Dumb question, after all this work, which is great by the way, when EDGE finally comes out, will this all be for nothing at that point? Or will this still be a useful mod?

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

Dumb question, after all this work, which is great by the way, when EDGE finally comes out, will this all be for nothing at that point? Or will this still be a useful mod?

Nobody knows...we will see..but I guess most likely this mod in the current form will have no effect on EDGE or better..will not even work with it

My Specs:

I don`t care..it is a Computer..a black one..

This mod is purely for 1.2.xx and not for EDGE, 2.0.0 looks far far better than this mod could ever be :thumbup:

Thanks for the clarification Mustang

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

Hi Mustang,

Im not sure than the mod works in total with 1.2.16. Shadows works ok, but I see problem with clouds or my eyes are crazy? ;D

1.2.15:

Screen_141203_233304_zpsqo8idj9e.jpg

1.2.16:

Screen_150317_193347_zps17lgtdpj.jpg

I don't see this "bright flashes effect" in 1.2.16, maybe its a time and conditions.

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

I installed this last night, and with the HDR enabled (which I like personally) my horizon is REALLY bright to the point where it totally obscures the HUD display, I just can't read it. Is there a way to tweak the settings or is something like SweetFX mandatory for this mod?

159th LoneWolf turn OFF HDR in sweetFX settings (if you use it). I use HDR NORMAL in DCS and no problem with bright / unreadable HUD.

Немој ништа силом, узми већи чекић!

MSI Tomahawk MAX | Ryzen 7 3700x | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | RX 5700 XT OC Red Dragon 8GB | VPC Throttle CM3 + VPC Constellation ALPHA on VPC WarBRD Base | HP Reverb G2

Youtube Follow Me on TWITCH! 

Mustang, I've noticed that with the version 5.71, both medium and high water lost their nice deep blue colour, replaced by dull medium blue one. Is there a chance we'll get the darker tone back? I admit I preferred it :).

Question no.2 - there are two WaterEffect files in "no reflections" package. Which one should we use?

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

• 1 month later...
These .fx modifications are a progression from the original cloud shader mod, they now encompass the sky, clouds, terrain etc - be aware that this mod gets regular updates as new discoveries/tweaks are made!

See attachment below, installation is pretty straight forward - just unrar the package and copy the folders into the DCS World directory.

NOTE: these modifications are Integrity Check compatible with basically all servers so they're safe to use online.

If you're in the 104th can you provide a list of modifications that are are Integrity Check compatible, because it seems that every mod I do have that only affects look and feel of the game don't pass. Like the ground textures, f-15c HD cockpit, afterburner by star. Always cause fail the Integrity Check.

Thanks,
Lt. Commander Jason "Punisher" M

Hardware:
i7 10700K 5 GHz Quad Core, Water-cooled , 32GBs 2400 DDR4 RAM, MSI Intel Z470A GAMING MB, MSI RTX 3080 GPU W/10GBs GDDR6X, 512GB NVME.2 SSD, 1TB NVME.2 SSD, 2TB External SSD, 2 512Gb SSD's & 1 350 Gb HARDDRIVE, WinWing Orion 2 Stick Base and Throttle Base, Quest 2, Windows 11 (64bit)

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks for the feedback guys :) I think i'll experiment with different cloud sizes next.

Do I need both files? What do you mean with "no reflections high water"?

Thanks

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

Do I need both files? What do you mean with "no reflections high water"?

Thanks

Alpenwolf,

You need only one of the files

"no reflections high water" means all water reflections disabled for the HIGH water setting (DCS World's settings) for better FPS.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...