DCS 1.2.7 Open Beta - Now Available

Wags

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm experiencing extremely slow dl speed, ~200kb/s despite my 30Mb/s connection. Does every one have this problem or is there something wrong with my download?

Define R4 | i5 3570K | P8Z77-V | Windforce 3x 7970 GHz | Integra R2 750W | Vector 128GB | Vengeance 16GB | Hyper 412S | XL2411T @144hz | Xonar D1 || FC3 - MiG21 - Mi8 |

Hey,

A long long time ago... I used to be a subscriber of Wine to play games on Linux...

In short, most games lack this or that and were non-playable.

I messed with Baldur's Gate back in 2001 ( Flanker times ) but never dared to put a Joystick based game to Wine since joysticks usually dont wanna go with Linux ( or used to back in 2001 ).

I really would put that down and take a windows copy... saves some grey hair.

The only thing I woukd try..and will try..is Steam OS !

Considering it is made for gaming, they must have solved the DX issues et al to finally bring gaming to sleek linux hosts. I expect some 10% perf. boost on any game as long as you run Nvidia cards. ATI...I would be cautious with their drivers and Linux...usually a bad bet !

I havent digged into Steam OS too deep yet, but I assume that they use Wine for parts of their solution... We will see how far this goes.

My dream would be to boot from a USB Stick, a dedicated Gaming OS, and skip TONS of not needed processes and causes for errors and slow downs.

Keep it simple, fast and predictable.

Bit

Don't cry ! PLAY HARDER !!!

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

I'm experiencing extremely slow dl speed, ~200kb/s despite my 30Mb/s connection. Does every one have this problem or is there something wrong with my download?

I had it too. So did another guy I know. I restarted it like 4 times and with different FTP/HTTP sources.

WC

• Like 1

Visit the Hollo Pointe DCS World server -- an open server with a variety of COOP & H2H missions including Combined Arms. All released missions are available for free download, modification and public hosting, from my Wrecking Crew Projects site.

I had it too. So did another guy I know. I restarted it like 4 times and with different FTP/HTTP sources.

WC

Same issue here.

Hey,

A long long time ago... I used to be a subscriber of Wine to play games on Linux...

In short, most games lack this or that and were non-playable.

I messed with Baldur's Gate back in 2001 ( Flanker times ) but never dared to put a Joystick based game to Wine since joysticks usually dont wanna go with Linux ( or used to back in 2001 ).

I really would put that down and take a windows copy... saves some grey hair.

The only thing I woukd try..and will try..is Steam OS !

Considering it is made for gaming, they must have solved the DX issues et al to finally bring gaming to sleek linux hosts. I expect some 10% perf. boost on any game as long as you run Nvidia cards. ATI...I would be cautious with their drivers and Linux...usually a bad bet !

I havent digged into Steam OS too deep yet, but I assume that they use Wine for parts of their solution... We will see how far this goes.

My dream would be to boot from a USB Stick, a dedicated Gaming OS, and skip TONS of not needed processes and causes for errors and slow downs.

Keep it simple, fast and predictable.

Bit

Don't cry ! PLAY HARDER !!!

SteamOS at the moment is meant to compete with consoles, Big Picture etc.

Anyway, WIne has progressed alot since 2001. Right now I'm playing with Linux Mint 16 x64 and most dx9 games just work with Nvidia. Moreover Steam native client is working well, fastest on KDE from my personal expirience.

Back on topic, why is it downloading so slow ?

50 kB/s right now.

WC

omg, soon I've been downloading for 10h, about 60% done :noexpression: and I accidentally deleted my 1.2.6 :mad:

edit: I download it for a while on steam and there I had 4MB/s, too bad I need FC3..

Define R4 | i5 3570K | P8Z77-V | Windforce 3x 7970 GHz | Integra R2 750W | Vector 128GB | Vengeance 16GB | Hyper 412S | XL2411T @144hz | Xonar D1 || FC3 - MiG21 - Mi8 |

Is it possible to use the beta version of UH-1 with the beta version of DCS world? Thanks.

All modules are supported in the Open Beta.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

1.2.7 load time

I want to give 1.2.7 a try but after install, it started to update. I have been downloading the update for over 2 hours now and its only half way there. Download speed shows between 100 to 200 KB/s. Is this on my end or ED

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

=&arrFilter_pf[gameversion]=&arrFilter_pf[filelang]=&arrFilter_pf[aircraft]=&arrFilter_CREATED_USER_NAME=chardly38&set_filter=Filter&set_filter=Y"]MY SKINS And Helios

i7 2600k 3.4 quad w/ Hyper N520 cpu fan_, Asus Sabertooth z77_, RX 580_, Corsair Vengeance 1800 8Gb ram_, 112 OCZ Vertex 3_, Corsair HX 1000, 3 screens res 5292x1050_,and 1 1680x1050 Helios Ir Tracker 5 with Pro Clip_,Hotas Warthog#12167 ...

• ED Team

server list always seems full.

Shrek squadron are using 1.2.6 and 1.2.7

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Slow for me also. I have been trying for a few days now.

I see it as a good thing though, the more the merrier. Lots of people for

multi-player, lots for general conversation of our favorite simulator.

So be patient and also be aware DCS is receiving more revenue for its improvements and graphics enhancements. Great time to be a DCS groupy!!!!

This was a Boutique Builder iBuypower rig. Until I got the tinker bug again i7 920 @3.6Mhz 12Gig Corsair XMS3 ram 1600 Nvidia 760 SLi w/4Gig DDR5 Ram Intel 310 SSD HDD 160 Gb + Western Digital 4Terabyte HDD Creative SB X-Fi HD Audio Logitech X-530 5.1 Surround Speaker System Dual Acer 32"Monitors. PSU 1200 w Thermaltake Win10 64Bit.

I want to give 1.2.7 a try but after install, it started to update. I have been downloading the update for over 2 hours now and its only half way there. Download speed shows between 100 to 200 KB/s. Is this on my end or ED

North America -> Russia has limited Speed.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

What happens when the 1.27 beta is over?

What happens when the 1.27 beta is over? Do we uninstall 1.26 or will there be another patch that updates 1.26? I would prefer to just delete the 1.26 considering it took ages to download the 1.27 beta and setup my controllers for it. So what will happen?

What happens when the 1.27 beta is over? Do we uninstall 1.26 or will there be another patch that updates 1.26? I would prefer to just delete the 1.26 considering it took ages to download the 1.27 beta and setup my controllers for it. So what will happen?

DCSW 1.2.6 Will Receive an Update to DCSW 1.2.7.xxxx,

DCSW 1.2.7 Open Beta Install will prolly continue to be used for Testing Future Updates.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

Iv unistalled DCS 126 beacuse it was taking over 12mins to load a game, yep thats right 12 mins.

I installed the beta version 127 and the game now takes 2mins to load. Which is the same time i am getting for blackshark 1 and A10 standalone to load. YEEEE HAAAA

The point really is to have them both installed, for comparison purposes.

Edit: not sure why it was taking 12 minutes to load, that's not right at all! Even 2 minutes seems a bit much.

Edited by Tone71

Windows 10 Home, Intel Core i7-9700K @ 4.6GHz, Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (8GB VRAM) on 34" LG curved monitor @ 3440x1440, 32GB RAM, TrackIR 3 (with Vector Expansion), Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Combat Pedals, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs.

Iv unistalled DCS 126 beacuse it was taking over 12mins to load a game, yep thats right 12 mins.

I installed the beta version 127 and the game now takes 2mins to load. Which is the same time i am getting for blackshark 1 and A10 standalone to load. YEEEE HAAAA

In some cases long load times were traced to Ant-Virus software running in the back ground. And having adjusted the windows cache file system in an effort to speed up gaming PCs.

This was a Boutique Builder iBuypower rig. Until I got the tinker bug again i7 920 @3.6Mhz 12Gig Corsair XMS3 ram 1600 Nvidia 760 SLi w/4Gig DDR5 Ram Intel 310 SSD HDD 160 Gb + Western Digital 4Terabyte HDD Creative SB X-Fi HD Audio Logitech X-530 5.1 Surround Speaker System Dual Acer 32"Monitors. PSU 1200 w Thermaltake Win10 64Bit.

@fedaykin, Opt into the Beta on Steam then, Problem Solved.

>>> ED Forums » News » Official Updates » DCS 1.2.7 Open Beta - Now Available

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.co...rld_open_beta/

We will first release DCS 1.2.7 as an Open Beta using a web installer. This open beta install will be complete version that resides in parallel to your release DCS World (1.2.6) install and have separate configuration files located in Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\. Once you download the open beta, you will use the Module Manager to install your modules. We particularly hope that this, combined with the automatic track crash generator, will help us resolve remaining network issues prior to the final release version of DCS 1.2.7. This is an optional beta, and if you do not wish to take part, you certainly do not have to.

The primary purpose of the Open Beta is to improve the quality of release versions (particularly before we send it to Steam and other online services). We want to ensure that no new bugs are introduced and that network play is operating well. Despite the best efforts of our test team, items will get missed unless we have a much larger testing pool with a large variety of hardware and game setting configurations. The larger testing pool also allows us to better stress-test network games given the large number of players available. That being said, the two objectives for the Open Beta are:

1- Identify and report NEW bugs. This is a big reason why we have the Open Beta as a completely separate installation. This allows you to compare the current 1.2.6 version with the 1.2.7 Open Beta to ensure that a bug is in fact new (not in 1.2.6).

2- Network testing. While missions may run fine with less than a dozen players, we need testing that exceeds 20 players to stress-test network play.

Some other notes:

1- Ideally, no modifications (mods) should be used for the Open Beta. Any mod can invalidate test results. If you feel a mod is vital to run your mission, you must specify any and all mod used in the mission when submitting a report. Do NOT use control input files from previous versions.

2- When you discover a bug / crash, first please confirm that it is a new bug. If it is, please enter it in the DCS Open Beta Test Reports forum located here: http://forums.eagle.ru/forumdisplay.php?f=311. Please use the correct reports sub forum. Attach any produced track crash and the log files created when you have a crash (located in /Users/<name>/Saved Games/DCS.openbeta/Logs) along with a description of the crash and DXDiag readout saved as a TXT file (WinKey+R, enter "DXDIAG", Save All Information, Save TXT File to Desktop, Attach). Eagle staff, moderators, and our test team will be reviewing these reports and entering the valid ones into our internal bug tracking database.

Reports may be assigned the following tags in the thread title by Eagle staff and moderators (please do not enter these yourself):

[REPORTED] When a valid report is discovered and entered into the internal bug tracking database.

[RESOLVED] When a report has been fixed.

[CLOSED] When a report is invalid (such as reports that are not new bugs to 1.2.7) will be closed with an explanation.

Duplicate reports will be merged by Eagle staff and moderators.

is the bug of ip address sloved ? Any ideas ?

i have white ip (static) is xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

But interface show me yyy.yyy.yyy.yyy and my server can't go online...

i7 920 3.42GHz\\Cooler Master v8\\12gb_CORSAIR_1624mhz\\2x128gb SSD\\ 6x1 TB HDD\\GTX680 4GB\\GTX260OC 868mb\\Cooler master COSMOS PURE\\1200W power supply

Lead Ingineer Minestery of Education Republic of Karelia.

module mi-8 don't install in dcs 1.2.7

Hi,

I have an error message when installing module Mi-8 in DCS 1.2.7 OpenBeta.

"JSON error: lexical error: invalid char in json text..etc..."

I've tried the two methods (in dcs 1.2.7 and manual command)

Can you help me

Bizzut