The Pig Pen... A-10C Garage Art...

ENO

Many of you have seen these photos spread throughout the Firehouse Lounge thread and possibly elsewhere here on the ED forums... but I truly thought this creation was worth its own thread (s).

Sweetest (DCS / SimHQ Callsign) and I were out taping and priming our two-car garage (only mentioned to give some perspective on the size of the painting) when I half jokingly asked if she'd be willing to do a mural of an A-10 on the front wall. The area was about 13' long by 8' high.

She said... "Sure!" I just had to pick the image I wanted and she got to work...

hires_090614-F-5677R-016.jpg

photo-3.jpg

photo1.jpg

The image we chose was projected on the wall and the outline of the aircraft was drawn out. I even got a chance to do some of the outline- but that was about where any contribution I had to the project (shy of the occasional cheerleading) abruptly terminated. It was time for her to do what she does best. She is a master at shading and values. She admits she struggled with the background for longer than she expected but through trial and error she found a system that worked.

photo1-1.jpg

photo2-1.jpg

The original photo was of an aircraft overflying what looks like an Afghanistan style terrain and the SUU25 dispenser -common equipment on these aircraft- reinforced our assumptions. I haven't talked to anyone like Snoopy about it yet, whether he knows for certain-

Sweetest- fully aware of how much I love my DCS A-10C time- wanted to equip the aircraft in a manner similar to the way I do in the sim... 4 38s, 2 mavs, 7 shot of rockets... of course, you can only see one side of the aircraft and shy of the SUU25 dispenser we were very close already. That dispenser just needed to turn into an AGM-65D. Easier said than done.

cropforsweetest.jpg

photo8.jpg

photo21.jpg

So we were all over the interwebs and even in the DCS model viewer trying to get the right aspect on the Maverick as well as the LAU 117 launch rail that was necessary. We considered just "transforming" the SUU25 into a Maverick with a little tweaking and some fins- but I didn't think that was appropriate given her meticulous level of detail on the other weapons. To respect the rest of the detail she'd put into the other aspects, we agreed that it should be done properly.

photo11.jpg

019581d7f72cd2c32fb959f738d159125682e1c752.jpg

We both took turns trying to get the right aspect on the fins- she laid it out and I went and fussed with it... the results weren't exactly what either of us were hoping for. It's really well done- just not quite right. Some of the aspect change between the Mav and the dispenser weren't captured and skewed the results. It'll probably be deleted and either exchanged for the original hardware or left empty.

IMG_6390.jpg

So I'll update as necessary- but these are some photos of the finished product.

IMG_6400.jpg

IMG_6402.jpg

IMG_6388.jpg

She's now interested in doing similar images on a smaller scale- possibly even to sell if people are interested. The format will be acrylic on panels- which she is proving to be quite excited to do. She asked which aircraft I wanted done next... and though a part of me was thinking Tomcat for obvious reasons (because it is awesome, let's face it), the other part of me was thinking F/A-18C. How about it, ED... Hmmm?

If you're interested in seeing exactly how diverse her artistic talents are across a broad spectrum of subjects it's worth going to check out this link.

http://tamlinsky.deviantart.com/gallery/47860460

Edited by ENO

"ENO"

Type in anger and you will make the greatest post you will ever regret.

"Sweetest's" Military Aviation Art

Marry her if you haven´t already. :D

Most chicks today don't give a rodent's rear and then complain their love life sucks.

That's such a cool mural!

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Thanks guys... she blushes every time I tell her someone left a comment.

Someone in SimHQ asked about how long it took to complete- I wasn't even entirely certain since a lot of it was done when I was up North at work. She said it was about 70 hours- we started in October and she "finished" near the middle of January. Of course there are still some tweaks to do.

I've also been looking up the history of the aircraft and found out it was aircraft number 79-0135. Once I tapped that up in google I noticed quite a few photos of this aircraft were taken.

http://warthognews.blogspot.ca/2011/10/exclusive-10c-log-from-kandahar-fresh.html

http://warthognews.blogspot.ca/2011/03/74th-expeditionary-fighter-squadron.html

(For a start)

Edited by ENO

"ENO"

Every man cave needs to have an A-10 mural this awesome in it! Very talented!

"Hurled headlong flaming from the ethereal sky; With hideous ruin and combustion down;
To bottomless perdition, there to dwell; In adamantine chains and penal fire"

(RIG info is outdated, will update at some point) i5 @3.7GHz (OC to 4.1), 16GB DDR3, Nvidia GTX 970 4GB, TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro, TM Warthog HOTAS, VKB T-Rudder Mk.IV, Razer Blackshark Headset, Obutto Ozone

I have to admit I'm pretty happy to show it off- she is an extremely skilled artist. Hard to believe before this (and into the future of course) she specialized in painting landscapes and little mood monsters on silk. Now tank killers and hornets on walls / panels...

She's a bit nervous that this was a one-off and that she will fall on her face on her next plane project but she's excited to get started. Thanks from her for all the comments- it's given her a refreshing boost since she was getting bored of my praise ;)

"ENO"

quite an awesome job you both did. Hats off to you and your missy.

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

Holy hell that's awesome :D

I'd love to see her interpretation of the RNoAF F16 with the tailnumber 686, in it's celebration-paint :D

Regards

Fjordmonkey

Clustermunitions is just another way of saying that you don't like someone.

I used to like people, then people ruined that for me.

Actually in regards to both of your posts- she was doing some research on the F/A-18C today... so I think that may be next.

Won't be on a wall or in such a large scale- but if she nails it on a panel we may soon find out her portrait of beauty works out. If she gets comfortable I'm hoping it will get to the point where you can provide a photo (like above) and say... please paint this. Here is money.

And then within 2 weeks you have a custom, 1 off painting.

"ENO"

Wow, such a cool project! she did a great job. thanks for sharing! :thumbup:

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Oh... she's got a good start on it but obviously loads left on the F-18. It's the E version as you'll soon notice from the inlet- but she wanted to do one more in short order to prove (mostly to herself) that the last one "wasn't a fluke."

Thanks guys- I'll pass on the props!

"ENO"

Hi Eno, did she use brushes for the fine lines in the A-10?

Came out good by the way.

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, MSI MEG X570 UNIFY (AM4, AMD X570, ATX), Noctua NH-DH14, EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti XC3 ULTRA, Seasonic Focus PX (850W), Kingston HyperX 240GB, Samsung 970 EVO Plus (1000GB, M.2 2280), 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo DDR4-3600 DIMM CL16, Cooler Master 932 HAF, Samsung Odyssey G5; 34", Win 10 X64 Pro, Track IR, TM Warthog, TM MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudders

Thx

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, MSI MEG X570 UNIFY (AM4, AMD X570, ATX), Noctua NH-DH14, EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti XC3 ULTRA, Seasonic Focus PX (850W), Kingston HyperX 240GB, Samsung 970 EVO Plus (1000GB, M.2 2280), 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo DDR4-3600 DIMM CL16, Cooler Master 932 HAF, Samsung Odyssey G5; 34", Win 10 X64 Pro, Track IR, TM Warthog, TM MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudders