F-14A/B DEVELOPMENT UPDATE #1 – 21/03/2015

Cobra847

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hcoEBxQ.png

Here's an F-14 that I used to work on for a while. Kind of abandoned it before I got to finish the model though. Some parts are wrong due to lack of good references.

FeZlCBA.jpg

Got this Swedish beauty in pipeline for ArmA III :)

Oh, but I think we're getting quite off topic now, aren't we?

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It is hard enough keeping up to date without all the completely random off topic stuff, with it is impossible :(

All the relevant stuff is in the first post. When they will have something for us, they'll do another update thread and there will be a FAQ on leatherneck site coming soon as well ;)

Edited by GeorgeLKMT

Get well soon!

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Rapid recovery mate! :thumbup:

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000C, Harrier AV-8B NA, F-5, AJS-37 Viggen, F-14B, F-14A, Combined Arms, F/A-18C, F-16C, MiG-19P, F-86, MiG-15, FW-190A, Spitfire Mk IX, UH-1 Huey, Su-25, P-51PD, Caucasus map, Nevada map, Persian Gulf map, Marianas map, Syria Map, Super Carrier, Sinai map, Mosquito, P-51, AH-64 Apache

Whiskey works Wonders :) ️Hope you get well soon Cobra,Cheers!!

Six bottles of JD for cobra then...:thumbup:

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

Best of luck Leatherneck. I'm ready with the money whenever you say so...

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

I was very excited when IRIS announced an F-14D some time ago but then the forum here was deleted and now i think this project has been canceled.

But thanks to Leatherneck we will finally get an F-14.

The F-14 is the beauty queen of all airplanes in my opinion and the screens are just amazing. I thank you so much for the dream to fly an F-14 is alive again and in a much better fidelity than ever expected. Great job until now, so keep rocking Leathernecks! :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Currently, heavy focus lies on creation of the AICS (Inlet Control System), Hydraulic System and Electrical System.

These systems, together with the Engine and grouped control systems lay the basis for the construction of the swing-wing EFM that will capture the spirit and real performance of the F-14,

Question: Does this mean the entire F-14 flight model will be based on an EFM ?

Everything that does not have to do with the equations of motion and the integration of forces. That is done "inside" the API.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

Ok, do we know what flight model is going to be used ? With the dynamic geometry of a swept wing aircraft is it too difficult to implement a PFM ?

I think that they are striving for a true PFM experience, especially given that they are modeling all of these secondary systems. From my read, it seems that the real difference between PFM and AFM/AFM+ is the addition of specific modeling for hydraulics, electrical, detailed engine parameters that effect thrust/RPM/EGT, and other factors of performance that go beyond the modeling of forces/airflow alone.

The difference between the PFM and AFM is small nuanced details that relate to the aircraft systems, the EFM has good provisions for modeling the physics. The question is how far will they take the systems and fill in the other gaps in the dynamics.

It seems that they will take the systems quite far with a lot of detail (at least they are aspiring to). I think that variable geometry can still be modeled to EFM/PFM standards, just involves more computations since the output of the flight model (Speed, AOA, etc) will then influence the "air data computer" of the Tomcat, changing the wing sweep, and changing those parameters of the flight model. This will only be an issue above Mach 0.7 (when the wings start to sweep), till Mach 0.9.

In any case, Aerosoft managed to make an excellent flight model for FSX/P3D without the benefits of EFM/PFM modeling tools. It feels really good (even compared to the new Su-27 PFM by ED, just lacks inertia on landing compared to Su-27) and really matches my readings of the Tomcat.

I think that they can create an excellent flight model that will serve the Tomcat's memory well.

Also, they should talk to John Cagle, the creator of the Aerosoft F-14, he really nailed the flight model even with FSX limitations!

-Nick