Patch 1.0.2 for "DCS: Black Shark"

Ulrich

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I took this to mean that it was okay to install over 1.0.1 which I did and I am having no problems so far. What gives? Make things clear. Why shouldn't we install over previous versions like with every other patch on earth?!

I took it the same way as you. When I went to install it it took three times to finally install- after going unresponsive a few times. Now its installed and running fine over 1.0.1.

• Like 1

If you want peace, prepare for war....

America's Armor

Dev Notes

AARM on Facebook

Help Fund AARM

well done

I installed it over 1.0.1 as well, works like a charm. The new sound engine works great, and I for one like the russian-voice-in-russian-planes change even though I dont even speak Russian. Maybe I should finally start and learn it - they call it "study sim" after all... ;)

Another job well done, ED. :)

Hi, thanks for the patch

but.... I may need some :helpsmilie:

after a clean reinstall of BS (to 1.0), which cost me an activation (change from 1800dpi deathadder mouse to 3500 dpi LH deathadder and the addition of a 9800GTX as physX card, seems enough to trigger "significant changes :cry: ), I can no longer access the Options page in game and see the following errors...

1686977545_onstartup.thumb.jpg.7140354c645beacf8bcc3dcf27997a8f.jpg

516996755_optionsaccess.thumb.jpg.cd517c0aaaea588a9703d2b048695d62.jpg

1819252039_onquickstartexit.thumb.jpg.0cdf7aa85d0234152740165e54de3d1a.jpg

City Hall is easier to fight, than a boys' club - an observation :P

"Resort is had to ridicule only when reason is against us." - Jefferson

"Give a group of potheads a bunch of weed and nothing to smoke out of, and they'll quickly turn into engineers... its simply amazing."

EVGA X99 FTW, EVGA GTX980Ti FTW, i7 5930K, 16Gb Corsair Dominator 2666Hz, Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit, Intel 520 SSD x 2, Samsung PX2370 monitor and all the other toys

-

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar"

I installed it over 1.0.1 as well, works like a charm. The new sound engine works great, and I for one like the russian-voice-in-russian-planes change even though I dont even speak Russian. Maybe I should finally start and learn it - they call it "study sim" after all... ;)

Another job well done, ED. :)

You may get Integrity problems when you hit a MP server.

You may get other issues with mods which didnt foresee the things you just did.

The patcher is instructed to not touch files which have a date/time other than whats expected - quite a few of the files you have may be 1.0.1c.

The only supported upgrade path is 1.0 -> 1.0.2 right now.

The mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open | The important thing is not to stop questioning

The only supported upgrade path is 1.0 -> 1.0.2 right now.

I've seen a ton of comments about this and its all abit confusing.

Does this patch work if you install it over 1.0.1?

What would cause the install not to work? If we have mods in the game?

In other words, if we are running an unmodded game, will this patch work just fine with 1.0.1?

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

I've also noticed...

In the Start Menu there are two short cuts to BS 1.0.2, both of which work :huh:

multi-player appears to be unaffected

1368895408_startmenushortcut.thumb.jpg.e22fa1309ff9c191522563779c4f285f.jpg

"Give a group of potheads a bunch of weed and nothing to smoke out of, and they'll quickly turn into engineers... its simply amazing."

EVGA X99 FTW, EVGA GTX980Ti FTW, i7 5930K, 16Gb Corsair Dominator 2666Hz, Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit, Intel 520 SSD x 2, Samsung PX2370 monitor and all the other toys

-

Ok after some read I must assume that needed steps to to get it right should be...... (At this point I have a Black Shark 1.01C running right now)

deactivate it, uninstall it, reinstall original version, activate it & 1.02 patch!

Right?

I dont want to loose activations on this, please!

Thanks in advance

Skkuda

[sIGPIC]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic56197_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

AMD Phenom IIx4 955 Black Edition@3.2Ghz

Asus M4A785TD-M EVO 6Ghz DDR3 1033

NVidia Geforce GTX 570 hd1280 Mb GDDR5

Interesting.....

Installed over 1.0.1c.

Got Integrity Check failure trying to connect to 3sqn server.

No IC issues at all connecting to 104th, 51st

Changed Integrity Check on 3sqn Server to have "LockOn Flaming Cliffs 2/" added before files to check. Connected just fine under Black Shark and FC2.

So somewhere in the integrity check for FC2 wasn't the same as it should be in Black Shark...

Ok after some read I must assume that needed steps to to get it right should be...... (At this point I have a Black Shark 1.01C running right now)

deactivate it, uninstall it, reinstall original version, activate it & 1.02 patch!

Right?

Skkuda

Please correckt me if I am wrong, but just for uninstall and reinstall a deactivation is as well not needed as a following reactivation again. Just uninstall and reinstall and you´ll be fine

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

Hmmm.. thanks! That seemed ti have worked.

I had the root folder set to Full Control, which, in the past has always appeared to have negated the need for Run As Admin., its the very first time I've had to do this.

Also... a new one has come from RaA... Launcher.exe wants to make changes, every time I start the sim. I've not seen this kind of thing before, except for actually installing a program. This doesn't happen for any other app when started to run.

ie LOCKON runs without having to set the sim (shortcut) to Run As Administrator, or 'make changes'.

Remove the RaS from the shortcut and the BS 1.0.2 goes back to windowed, like it was before, as though the option settings are still at default (not being read, even though I have them changed)

Thanks for the workaround, though I feel there is a bug present

*Late Entry

BS multiplayer arcs up just fine... with no apparent problems.

Edited by Wolf Rider

-

Loving the new patch! This evening/tonight was my first time on the 104th server, talk about a big air battle! Reminded me of the dynamic feeling of a Falcon 4 campaign.

Intelligent discourse can only begin with the honest admission of your own fallibility.

Member of the Virtual Tactical Air Group: http://vtacticalairgroup.com/

Lua scripts and mods:

MIssion Scripting Tools (Mist): http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=98616

Slmod version 7.0 for DCS: World: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=80979

Now includes remote server administration tools for kicking, banning, loading missions, etc.

Loving the new patch! This evening/tonight was my first time on the 104th server, talk about a big air battle! Reminded me of the dynamic feeling of a Falcon 4 campaign.

Indeed, it was fun. It would have been even better had I not been shot down by a SAM without even firing a shot, and then just as I was about to join you back in the target area I had a CTD.

Although in hind sight is was a good thing, or I'd have been flying well into the early hours of the morning, which I would be regretting now.

Might have to clear my schedule and hit the 104th server again tonight, might even start up TS this time around.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

Interesting.....

Installed over 1.0.1c.

Got Integrity Check failure trying to connect to 3sqn server.

No IC issues at all connecting to 104th, 51st

Changed Integrity Check on 3sqn Server to have "LockOn Flaming Cliffs 2/" added before files to check. Connected just fine under Black Shark and FC2.

So somewhere in the integrity check for FC2 wasn't the same as it should be in Black Shark...

Thats because they have disabled most of their IC.

I've seen a ton of comments about this and its all abit confusing.

Does this patch work if you install it over 1.0.1?

What would cause the install not to work? If we have mods in the game?

In other words, if we are running an unmodded game, will this patch work just fine with 1.0.1?

Grimes - which official statment said it was ok to upgrade from 1.0.1c?

I need to know why there are conflicting information. :)

The patcher reacts different if the date/time stamps are not as expected.

Which means - some of your files will stay as 1.0.1c version instead of getting properly upgraded.

Your sim may work - but you have probably a broken install incompatible with any extended IC checks being done.

And later patches for that matter.

* Installation / Patchday ABC

BIG RED LETTERS: The 1.0.2 patch must be installed over a fresh installation of DCS:BS 1.0.

- Patching over version 1.0.1c is not supported.

- Mods (even if just disabled) will break the patch installation.

Procedure:

• Backup \Config\Input\Aircrafts
    • Remove from backup you took:
      • aircraftNames.lua
      • Any default.lua you find in the subfolders.

[*]Uninstall DCS

[*]install 1.0

[*]install 1.0.2

[*]Copy your backup of \Aircrafts back. Replace all.

Note: Important that you DID remove the files in the backup-step.

Edited by Panzertard

The mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open | The important thing is not to stop questioning

Right?

Thanks in advance

Skkuda

Please correckt me if I am wrong, but just for uninstall and reinstall a deactivation is as well not needed as a following reactivation again. Just uninstall and reinstall and you´ll be fine

Correct - No need to deactivate/activate. Uninstall, install, apply patch to 1.0.2. Thereafter Mod, if necessary.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Actually I'm not sure whats causing the integrity check failure. I uninstalled Black Shark.

Installed 1.0. Installed 1.0.2 and still getting failed checks.

The 3 Checks we are running on the server...

"Config/Weapons",

"Config/ServerGraphics.cfg",

"Scripts/Aircrafts/_Common",

Ok, so it is scripts/aircrafts/_common" that is failing the check

Edited by Grimes

If you run Windows 7 and installed BS in the standard (Program Files (x86)) directory (which is not recommended anyway), the windows UAC creates a folder at

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Eagle Dynamics\...

This folder contains all personalized cfgs and some other stuff, make sure to backup your logbook and delete that folder as well before reinstall (And reinstall in something else like D:\Games).

If you run Windows 7 and installed BS in the standard (Program Files (x86)) directory (which is not recommended anyway), the windows UAC creates a folder at

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Eagle Dynamics\...

This folder contains all personalized cfgs and some other stuff, make sure to backup your logbook and delete that folder as well before reinstall (And reinstall in something else like D:\Games).

Thats why I always keep my C drive clear for OS Files only. There are no further files on that one than my OS and may be the one or other monitoring and virus programm. Games and other programes will always and ever be installed on a seperated part of the harddrive (e.g. a partition or another physical harddrive).

So I seperated my one (400GB) in 3 Partitions. The c drive has just 50 GB for OS. My Special Games (ArmA, Lockon [inl. DCS and FC2] and my Battlefield stuffs) are installed on drive D. Same for certain Programms and Archives for my Files are stored/installed on my drive E.

I am always be fine without having troubles as giving above.

Edited by MemphisBelle

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

Thanks heaps Garfieldo... that was the fix :thumbup:

the options.lua was there right in the middle of it

:pilotfly:

-