#02 - DEV UPDATE 15/04/2014

Cobra847

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is good news indeed and sooner than I expected, but will it be available the day 1.2.8 is released or sometime afterwards? :thumbup: It seems also since you guys are very close to to finalizing things are you able to hint any on what your next project will be?:music_whistling:

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

I think, once 1.2.8 is released, Mig-21 will be launched anytime between 1.2.8 and 1.2.9.

This could be a couple of weeks time frame.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

From the way Cobra has been talking since the initial announcement, it sounds like we will get it sooner rather than later, it sounds like it is very close to complete and only a matter of finishing touches.

There is no way to be sure at this stage but I hope for a release soon, I have been eager to get my hands on it indeed!

it sounds like it is very close to complete and only a matter of finishing touches.

Dude :D it sounded like that and completely the same 2 years ago too. Gosh, even Star Citizen sounded like that when they have announced it in the first place :D. I'm joking a bit. Looks like finaly whole thing is coming to a happy end

• Like 1

I looked at the cockpit pics and was completely blown away. You guys do a really good job. But I remember a post stating that GCI was going to be implemented, but I don't see the gauge for it in there.

Is this going to be implemented or did I miss anyting?

Whichever is decided, I completely support this module!

Dude :D it sounded like that and completely the same 2 years ago too. Gosh, even Star Citizen sounded like that when they have announced it in the first place :D. I'm joking a bit. Looks like finaly whole thing is coming to a happy end

Yes -- we are without a doubt in the "finishing touches" stage. :)

With regards to your post -- an interesting note is that the MiG-21 was a completely different product at that point. It was LUA driven, had no AFM, the exterior and interior models/textures were inaccurate.

It's hard to throw out numbers, but I'd say that less than 5-10% of that aircraft remains today.

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

But I remember a post stating that GCI was going to be implemented, but I don't see the gauge for it in there.

Is this going to be implemented or did I miss anyting?

"GCI implementation" was inaccurate statement.

There is nothing to implement. When it comes to avionics, LAZUR ("the gauge") is not part of current cockpit (it conflicts with RSBN/PRMG), but this will not prevent players from CGI support, regardless of the coalition/country they select.

Player can create any custom unit/group as a template in the Mission editor, and use it for any coalition/country. For example, player can create EW radar unit comprised of RUS EW radar and other ground units. This group/unit can be used from templates list in any mission, as a group/unit assigned to any side/country.

This process is well described in DCS User manual, in "Create unit template" chapter, page 210.

Because of this confusion, GCI creation process is described and illustrated in 21 Manual. We can only see if we can ship a template with the 21 installation. I'm not sure about this however, since it will conflict with local files, so no promises.

Power through superb knowledge, training and teamwork.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Any chance we could get a screenshot of just the page of the manual that shows the entire cockpit (or as much of it will fit on a page)?

I tend to make a visual step-by-step checklist for my squadron and I use such pages from each aircraft manual to make a wireframe thumbnail to assist in panel location for each step.

Just would be nice to get an early start on it.

Topgun505

Win 10 Pro 64-bit, Intel Core i7-8700k, Evga GTX 1080 FTW, 64 GB DDR4 RAM, Alienware 34" 2K LED, TrackIR 5 Pro, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Rudder, Thrustmaster MFDs x3, Razer Nostromo n52.

Crap, I lost a rivet.

http://i.imgur.com/JDjumFV.jpg

https://magnitude-3.com/

https://www.facebook.com/magnitude3llc

https://www.youtube.com/@magnitude_3

i9 13900K, 128GB RAM, RTX 4090, Win10Pro, 2 x 2TB SSD

i9 10980XE, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090Ti, Win10 Pro, 2 x 256GB SSD, 4 x 512GB SSD RAID 0, 6 x 4TB HDD RAID 6, 9361-8i RAID Controller

i7 4960X, 64GB RAM, GTX Titan X Black, Win10 Pro, 512GB PCIe SSD, 2 x 256GB SSD

Crap, I lost a rivet.

http://i.imgur.com/JDjumFV.jpg

Very nice Rudel. :) I almost missed that link. It blended so well with my background. I can tell you and Cobra love toying with our emotions! :D

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

The Mig-21Bis modelled by LS don´t have the Lazur GCi guide system so i think pilots must follow radio guidance only.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

As in release sometime after 1.2.8, or release at the same time as 1.2.8?

Considering 1.2.8 isnt Gold yet... it could be either or.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs