Announcement: DCS Warbirds Collection

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

~

Sure, when the article was penned some weeks ago the intention was to do the aircraft with non clickable pits, all FC3 level aircraft are required to have EFM/PFM now, however after some discussion internally we decided that our customer wanted the full experience including clickable pits so we changed our development path to include fully clickable pits for each aircraft :)

As such our aircraft will have EFM (up to PFM standards) and ASM for the internals/cockpit

Hope that clears that up

Pman

Yes, that has cleared it up nicely :thumbup:

We (yes, the royal one :P ) had very much hoped that a virtual form of the Duxford Museum would come about, with the P51 being the first horse out of the stable... here's to living up to that standard.

lol yes, a Lancaster would nice :)

Edited by Wolf Rider

City Hall is easier to fight, than a boys' club - an observation :P

"Resort is had to ridicule only when reason is against us." - Jefferson

"Give a group of potheads a bunch of weed and nothing to smoke out of, and they'll quickly turn into engineers... its simply amazing."

EVGA X99 FTW, EVGA GTX980Ti FTW, i7 5930K, 16Gb Corsair Dominator 2666Hz, Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit, Intel 520 SSD x 2, Samsung PX2370 monitor and all the other toys

-

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar"

Amazing news, Ells! Can't wait to add these birds to my hangar!

DCS A10C Warthog, DCS Black Shark 2, DCS P51D Mustang, DCS UH-1H Huey, DCS Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight, Flaming Cliffs 3, Combined Arms

System: Intel i7 4770k @4,2GHz; MSI Z87-G65; 16GB DDR3 1600 MHz RAM; 128GB SSD SATA3 (system disk); 2TB HDD SATA3 (games disk); Sapphire Radeon R9 290 Tri-X; Windows 7 64bit

Flight controls: Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder; TrackIR 5; Thrustmaster F16 MFDs; 2x 8'' LCD screens (VGA) for MFD display; 27'' LG LCD full HD main display

Now for a serious request: please add the Tempest V to the Warbirds collection, somehow?

DCS A10C Warthog, DCS Black Shark 2, DCS P51D Mustang, DCS UH-1H Huey, DCS Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight, Flaming Cliffs 3, Combined Arms

System: Intel i7 4770k @4,2GHz; MSI Z87-G65; 16GB DDR3 1600 MHz RAM; 128GB SSD SATA3 (system disk); 2TB HDD SATA3 (games disk); Sapphire Radeon R9 290 Tri-X; Windows 7 64bit

Flight controls: Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder; TrackIR 5; Thrustmaster F16 MFDs; 2x 8'' LCD screens (VGA) for MFD display; 27'' LG LCD full HD main display

P-40... Whoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

DCS WWII just got a lil bit more dangerous.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Now for a serious request: please add the Tempest V to the Warbirds collection, somehow?

This. Although admittedly there aren't any flying ones left, or any people suicidal enough to fly them I suppose.

Edit: "Awesome news, loving the P40, and looking forward to anything you guys are doing" was so natural I guess I omitted it.:thumbup:

Edited by PLP
Rudeness

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This. Although admittedly there aren't any flying ones left, or any people suicidal enough to fly them I suppose.

Edit: "Awesome news, loving the P40, and looking forward to anything you guys are doing" was so natural I guess I omitted it.:thumbup:

Oh I'm all over that one believe me , nothing confirmed but it is something imnseriously looking into.

They apparently we're a nice aircraft to fly according to the reports I have, alot if the American pilots liked them, have some data regarding some unique flying characteristics too.

P-40... Whoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

DCS WWII just got a lil bit more dangerous.

Oh you have no idea, my personal passion is World War Two warbirds so you have no idea how many times Ells has told me to calm down about this haha!

Pman

I'd love a Sea Fury, and something tells me Nick Grey would be all over that one. :D

That list is top notch, can't wait for this one VEAO.

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

Yeah, stuffing a sleeping bag into the tail section at Duxford wasn't quite what I had in mind mate when I said go do some recon ;)

Each must do their part, as their skills permit. :D

Edited by cichlidfan

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Yeah, stuffing a sleeping bag into the tail section at Duxford wasn't quite what I had in mind mate when I said go do some recon ;)

Would have worked too if it wasn't for those meddling kids...

I'd love a Sea Fury, and something tells me Nick Grey would be all over that one. :D

That list is top notch, can't wait for this one VEAO.

Ty for the support :)

As I said earlier, nothing is off the table for 2nd line and beyond :D

Pman

Now thats Great News! Wife is yelling at me to stop swiping my Visa Card on the monitor...:thumbup::music_whistling:

Edited by slowhand

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] SMOKE'M:smoke: IF YA GOT'M!:gun_rifle:

H2o Cooler I7 9700k GA 390x MB Win 10 pro

Evga RTX 2070 8Gig DD5

32 Gig Corsair Vengence, 2T SSD.

TM.Warthog:joystick: :punk:, CV-1:matrix:,3x23" monitors, Tm MFD's, Saitek pro rudders wrapped up in 2 sheets of plywood:megalol:

Oh I'm all over that one believe me , nothing confirmed but it is something imnseriously looking into.

I just peed my pants a bit.

That good news but

a

HA-112 Hispano Buchon :puke:

:crazy:WARBIRD:dontgetit:

First flight 1954

couldnt there be a Emil or a Lagg or Mig-3 or something like that

Buchon:doh: I personally hate this stupid replica:mad:

"Blyat Naaaaa" - Izlom

Great news about those forthcoming releases. Nonetheless, could you explain how you came up with the Buchon, as that one leaves me rather perplexed. So many other great planes out there , why did you pick one which mostly served as a shoe-in for dodgy battle of britain films...

I'm with Isegrim on that one.

Great news about those forthcoming releases. Nonetheless, could you explain how you came up with the Buchon, as that one leaves me rather perplexed. So many other great planes out there , why did you pick one which mostly served as a shoe-in for dodgy battle of britain films...

Just an assumption, but maybe they have one well preserved (maybe even flyable) on hand to study at will, and also decent manuals and schematics to go with it?