Announcement: DCS Warbirds Collection

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah yeah, i can hear it already......meeeeeeeee109g2aoooouuuuuuuuu....

hahaha, no comment

I can hear something else, is that a Typhoon or a Tempest ;)

I'd be up for that, does TFC have a flying example?

TFC does not have a flying Typhoon or Tempest.

There are no flying examples :(

Interestingly Wiki list four Tempest as been under restoration to fly! I didn't think there was more than one being restored.

There is one being restored to flight in the UK, not far from me actually...

No typhoon or tempest in TFC hangar last time I was there :(

We are not constrained to only doing aircraft in the TFC Hangar, TFC dont own a Buchon ;)

Pman

• ED Team
plus I'll be announcing which will be the second aircraft in the release order :)

Pman

do not forget the de Havilland DH.98 Mosquito in your choice list, or I will be a sad panda lol ;)

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Just to Clarify I mean which of the 4 warbirds will be the second aircraft to hit release.

No announcements on 2nd line releases yet guys ;)

Let me get some of these at least on internal testing first ;)

Pman

do not forget the de Havilland DH.98 Mosquito in your choice list, or I will be a sad panda lol ;)

But no I dont forsee anyone being sad with my projected aircraft list, that said we have to focus on our aircraft that we have announced first :pilotfly:

;)

Pman

• Like 1
ok, now with the cease of RRG, i wish VEAO all the best to make their warbirds and future maps a success....i mean i already did before, but now i even more hope that you guys are going to stay, and that you guys are keeping on developing warbirds...now i might even buy the Buchon to show my full support! :)

all the best to you guys, may you go strong in future!

To be honest, once VEAO announced this I gave up caring about the RRG title I'd backed. I have no doubt they, and now ED who are picking up the pieces of the other project will come up with something very special between them. :thumbup:

[sIGPIC]sigpic67951_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

I am probably really, really out of line by saying this (and please do not take what I will say personal, it is not my intent), but I feel I must be the devil's advocate for a second.

***If you feel this post to be offensive or disrespectful, please feel free to delete it, I won't mind***

I have no doubt about the technical prowess of VEAO in doing the Buchon, or any other bird for that matter. But have you guys actually thought about the marketability of the Buchon? Getting actual sales and all that? Are you aware that among even the most hopelessly nerdy WW2 fanatics, an outrageously low number of people are interested in buying it at all?

Personally, I'd rather have any other aircraft than this one. And that's coming from a WW2 fanatic that reads about every single mark of Spitfire and every variant of 109 ever built who enjoys aviation as a hobby. I love all airplanes. It's a passion of mine. I'm sure it's also a passion of VEAO as well. But who is the target audience for this bird? Out of all the warbirds you've picked up, this is the only choice I simply do not understand. I've discussed it extensively with a considerable number of other dedicated DCS players and they feel the same way. If this aircraft is not appealing to even the most dedicated DCS players, who do you expect to convince buying into the Buchon? Have you made polls? Have you asked us what we would want among a list of possible flyables?

I will always support 3rd parties for wanting to give us a better, more complete DCS experience and I thank you folks for it. Nobody does anything for free nowadays, but I think that your efforts need recognition and, most important of all, money. Fair work for fair pay.

But I'd hate to see your hard work rewarded with a heap of thin air.

Edited by Charly_Owl

I think the fact they have access to the real thing plays a part here. They can make it as accurate as possible. I have little interest in helicopters but I own them all because ED and Belsimtek did a superb job. People will buy the Bunchon because accuracy with regards to systems and flight models etc is something we can all appreciate. The majority of people will see it as a 109 anyway.

I think the fact they have access to the real thing plays a part here. They can make it as accurate as possible. I have little interest in helicopters but I own them all because ED and Belsimtek did a superb job. People will buy the Bunchon because accuracy with regards to systems and flight models etc is something we can all appreciate. The majority of people will see it as a 109 anyway.

The Huey and Mi-8 are some of the most iconic helicopters of their time, and profit from a great deal of popularity. I couldn't say the same for the Boulton-Paul Defiant, for instance. :D

and they will then be able to use the build of the buchon, for other projects...

Unless you are talking about a certain 109-G2 :pilotfly: I don't really know how these build applications couldn't be taken from any other aircraft.

Anyway, we'll have the 109-K4 this fall, so..........

Always open to people's opinions, you guys know that.

The first four aircraft will give us a "base build" for future aircraft.

We've already stated many time why we're doing the Buchon. Yep it's not everyone's favourite aircraft but there are very good reasons why we are doing it.

The last list of aircraft I got from Pete was well over 50 so I'm sure they'll be something in there to your fancy ;)

We're also working on a couple of deals that I think will appeal massively to Warbirds fans but obviously won't announce anything until we have those deals sewn up.

Cheers,

Chris.

Always open to people's opinions, you guys know that.

The first four aircraft will give us a "base build" for future aircraft.

We've already stated many time why we're doing the Buchon. Yep it's not everyone's favourite aircraft but there are very good reasons why we are doing it.

The last list of aircraft I got from Pete was well over 50 so I'm sure they'll be something in there to your fancy ;)

We're also working on a couple of deals that I think will appeal massively to Warbirds fans but obviously won't announce anything until we have those deals sewn up.

Cheers,

Chris.

I rest assured that you guys have your reasons and know what you're doing. In that case, I shall buy the Buchon to support future aircraft. :D

I rest assured that you guys have your reasons and know what you're doing. In that case, I shall buy the Buchon to support future aircraft. :D

As always we welcome all feedback from you guys as you are the ones who will be buying it :D

That said I felt it was very important for the first wave of aircraft for us to have direct access to airworthy example and pilots who fly them to make sure we get it right.

Now be aware that there are no full fidelity simulators out there for any of these aircraft and they will have abit of a learning curve for everyone, especially the Buchon.

There is alot of tech and info that we can use from all 4 towards other projects, and yeah Chris did get my "shortlist" of 50 aircraft for DCS ;) Some even have more than one engine ;)

Pman

• Like 1
Chris did get my "shortlist" of 50 aircraft for DCS ;) Some even have more than one engine ;)

Pman

I'd love to see that list, I wonder what those multi engine aircraft could possibly be? :music_whistling:

mosquito_zpsf4cafd91.jpg

Edited by Python

Apologies if this has been asked already, is the mk XIV the bubble canopy or the more recognisable one? I used to love seeing the XIV down this way until she crashed.

It will be the bubble canopy with clipped wings :)

Isn't that exactly why we all are here? ;o)

I bloody hope so! ;)

Pman

To provide a bit of contrast to what majority say about Buchon ;

I too dislike looks of Buchon a lot, being a 109 lover, I'd much prefer to have a DB powered real 109, but I see developers' reasons for going for it too.

But putting developer reasons aside, I think there are resons for being interested in it from a simmer's perspective too. It provides a first ever opportunity. Although I always disliked the looks, I also always wondered how Merlin engline would be on Bf-109 airframe, since most later mark merlins were quite powerful and they could be used with higher octane fuel. So this could be interesting to see ;). We know that powerful but long & heavy Jumo engines didn't play well in 109 airframes when Czech Avia tried to mate them, but we didn't hear Buchon being so horrible, infact, we don't read / see much on Merlin / 109 combination at all.

For our more "genuine" 109 needs, we'll be getting Kürfüst anyway, and I'm sure in future we may see more famous variants like F-4,G-2 or one of Emils. So Buchon actually makes for an interesting offering, perhaps very interesting when we'll be able to pit it against K-4 ;).

Will it be a day one buy for me? May be so, or may be I'll get it when it's on a discount, not just sure yet, but I'm very likely to get the Buchon one way or other. I think it should cater to curiosity of most WW II aviation fans around the world.

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script