Addon Tents, Watchtower, UH-1-Cargo

Upuaut, i have a question for you about IX-514 ships.

This ships seems to have an AI logic with green-red lights and side nets open and closed.

I was trying a mission with Hueys taking off from the IX-514 and then landing on it in MP but except the host, for every client the ships has always the red lights on and the side nets up in closed position. Because i´m unable to talk with the ship via ATC radio command to ask for take off or landing ( i suppose asking permission would fold out the net allowing to land on it ) i´m not able to open this nets.

Could you help me to understand this AI behaviour for the IX-514?

Any solution to have the ship´s nets opened in MP?

Thanks for your kind help.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

• 2 weeks later...

Just a heads up:

This mod prevented my newly aquired Combined Arms to be seen ingame. Possibly because it's directly in the Tech folder and CA is in a folder inside that Tech folder (I have not looked into file structure enough to determine that 100% and CBA to research it).

Disabling mod didn't help, removing the entry.lua did.

Could you help me to understand this AI behaviour for the IX-514?

Any solution to have the ship´s nets opened in MP?

Hi,

at alarm state the red light is on and the side nets are up. This happens, if an air- or ground enemy is inside the target detection range. It is currently set to 5000m, but you can change it in the ix514.lua file.

I have never tried, if it is working in a MP mission.

Just a heads up:

This mod prevented my newly aquired Combined Arms to be seen ingame.

Hi,

I have not such a problem, but you can delete the entry.lua files. The mod is still working without this file.

DCS Mods and Skins: HiDrive

Use the NAS only if the other Link is not working - it's slow!
My DCS MODs and Skins: NAS

Just a heads up:

This mod prevented my newly aquired Combined Arms to be seen ingame. Possibly because it's directly in the Tech folder and CA is in a folder inside that Tech folder (I have not looked into file structure enough to determine that 100% and CBA to research it).

Disabling mod didn't help, removing the entry.lua did.

I think you should have disable the mod prior to installing CA. This mod as many other ground units/structures mods assumes you have CA that already created the "Tech" folder which is CA native folder. Some of the mods give you control over ground units that can't be possible without having CA.

The fact that the rest of the people here had no such problem and you just installed CA should have been a dead giveaway.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

I think you should have disable the mod prior to installing CA. This mod as many other ground units/structures mods assumes you have CA that already created the "Tech" folder which is CA native folder. Some of the mods give you control over ground units that can't be possible without having CA.

The fact that the rest of the people here had no such problem and you just installed CA should have been a dead giveaway.

The Tech folder isn't specific to CA. It's very much just part of core DCS World's folder structure, and works exactly the same way as the aircraft folder in that it's simply a container, and the subfolders are for the mods.

I manually created the folder to use the 476th's Target Range mods, and have since installed the IX-514 mod, but don't have CA.

Thanks Upuaut.

The problem is that in MP all clients had the nets up and closed no matter if no enemy is all around. Any way to disable this argument to have always a green status and nets opened down?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

The Tech folder isn't specific to CA. It's very much just part of core DCS World's folder structure, and works exactly the same way as the aircraft folder in that it's simply a container, and the subfolders are for the mods.

I manually created the folder to use the 476th's Target Range mods, and have since installed the IX-514 mod, but don't have CA.

And can you control modded ground units? Also if you get CA and install without deactivating mods first will you be problem free?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Thanks Upuaut.

The problem is that in MP all clients had the nets up and closed no matter if no enemy is all around. Any way to disable this argument to have always a green status and nets opened down?

Hi,

in the .lua script file for the ship you can deactivate the alarm state argument.

Change "GT.animation_arguments.alarm_state = 9;" to "--GT.animation_arguments.alarm_state = 9;", or delete the line.

DCS Mods and Skins: HiDrive

Use the NAS only if the other Link is not working - it's slow!
My DCS MODs and Skins: NAS

I will try this asap.

Thanks fo your kind help and awesome mods.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi,

Yes you have right all the links of Upuaut are dead, maybe it's temporary ?

It's very sad because all these Mods are very important for our DCS and without them it's a real problem...

It's always a great problem because all games in the world use addons or mods and DCS without these Mods it's not good, I hope that Upuaut will be release these Mods again...

EDIT:

When you open the Upuaut Dropbox you can read: No more public skins. It's not good for us and for the future simmers...

DCS World is good but not perfect and with all these Mods our simulation is better. All these Mods allow that DCS becomes better and more rich, for me it's the goal of the community but if all the creators remove all these Mods it's a really sad but what can we do ?

Sometime with other games the developers integrate these kind of mods or addons for one official release but for DCS it's not the case, if one creator of Mod want remove all his creations it's not good for us and for the future simmers.

Upuaut is an important member and creator for our community and it's very wrong for all...

Edited by Skulleader

Would be happy to "send" copy of these mods to anybody interested, if possible.

A Co, 229th AHB, 1st Cav Div

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

• 2 weeks later...

Can individuals HLSs be used or do you have to use 4 in a FARP?

Jacks

System Specs: i7 8700k @ 5.0GHz (not delidded), ASRock Extreme4 Z370 MOBO, EVGA GTX 1080 SC 8GB, 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz DDR4 RAM, Samsung Evo 240GB SSD, Samsung Evo 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD, Noctura NH-D15S Heat Sink, Acer VE278H 27" 1080p Monitor, Ocukus Rift CV1.

Controllers: TrackIR 5, Thrustmaster HOTAS X, Saitek Throttle Quadrant (with DIY removable collective mod), Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals.

Just trying to keep my number of takeoffs and landings equal!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...