MiG-21Bis Fishbed Preview and Tutorial Videos

Bunyap

Bunyap,

Looking at your videos you are using a "quick Reference" kneeboard during starts and other procedures. Mind directing me as to how I can get that installed in the Mig-21bis kneeboard in the sim. I'm not that computer literate so apprecate simplicity:music_whistling:

Intel i5-4690K Devil's Canyon, GForce TitanX, ASUS Z-97A MB, 16GB GDDR3 GSkill mem, Samsung SSD X3,Track IR, TM Warthog, MFG Crosswind pedals, Acer XB280HK monitor,GAMETRIX KW-908 JETSEAT

Bunyap,

Looking at your videos you are using a "quick Reference" kneeboard during starts and other procedures. Mind directing me as to how I can get that installed in the Mig-21bis kneeboard in the sim. I'm not that computer literate so apprecate simplicity:music_whistling:

If you only need startup procedure, then download attached file and extract its contents into:

DCS installation folder\Mods\aircraft\MiG-21BIS\Cockpit\KNEEBOARD\indicator\CONTENT\

In game, press RCTRL+Up to show the kneeboard, and then use RCTRL+Left to scroll.

They are a bit small in game, but still usable enough.

MiG kneeboard.zip

My appreciation!

Zerver

Thanks for providing that, it will work until I can find the "manual" Bunyap was using. In his videos it seemed those kneeboard pages were fairly easy to read. I tried converting pages from the manual that came with the sim, but they were "un-readable".The pursuit goes on. Again, thanks for adressing my request.:thumbup:

Intel i5-4690K Devil's Canyon, GForce TitanX, ASUS Z-97A MB, 16GB GDDR3 GSkill mem, Samsung SSD X3,Track IR, TM Warthog, MFG Crosswind pedals, Acer XB280HK monitor,GAMETRIX KW-908 JETSEAT

Well, I can only guess, but I think that kneeboard images becomes more readable when you are using higher resolution in game – kneeboard window scales to X% of screen resolution, but images stays at the same size (768 x 1024 pixels) and are stretched to kneeboard window, so overall its looks bigger and more readable.

If I remember right, Bunyap is using some pretty high resolution when flying, so maybe that’s the case – still only guessing.

I’m pleased that someone found it useful, because when I finished “working” on those images, I actually learned to start up the MiG without any help, so it didn’t had any use for my anymore – its pretty straight forward machine. ;-)

Edited by zerver

The top post is updated to include the "On the Range" tutorials and is cleaned up a bit with a single link to the Test Flight playlist instead of links to all 17 videos. Thanks again to everybody who is checking them out!

(Cobra, or one of the moderators, would it be possible to change the title to "MiG-21Bis Fishbed Preview and Tutorial Videos" to reflect the change? I thought I had that ability but I guess not.)

Chief, the pages I was using are attached. I went a little overkill on the resolution and file size but they gave me no trouble. Somebody is bound to come up with something more comprehensive eventually.

Eyusuf, sorry but I can't help you there. The video seems to play fine so I have no idea why it won't download.

MiG-Kneeboard.zip

The top post is updated to include the "On the Range" tutorials and is cleaned up a bit with a single link to the Test Flight playlist instead of links to all 17 videos. Thanks again to everybody who is checking them out!

(Cobra, or one of the moderators, would it be possible to change the title to "MiG-21Bis Fishbed Preview and Tutorial Videos" to reflect the change? I thought I had that ability but I guess not.)

Chief, the pages I was using are attached. I went a little overkill on the resolution and file size but they gave me no trouble. Somebody is bound to come up with something more comprehensive eventually.

Eyusuf, sorry but I can't help you there. The video seems to play fine so I have no idea why it won't download.

Hey Bunyap.

Title fixed. :)

Thanks again for your awesome videos!

Nick

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Thanks Cobra!

Mbot, I thought for a long time about that and decided to play it safe and go with the MSL mode. The only real source document I have is an english translation of the Bis flight manual from flightmanuals-on-cd.com. It gives details on when it is appropriate to use the gyro setting with guns and rockets but doesn't mention anything about what the gyro setting does for bombing. In fact, it specifically tells you to use the MSL setting when dive bombing in the manual mode. That doesn't mean the gyro mode wasn't appropriate since this was done in the auto mode, but I don't believe it would be any more or less effective. Maintaining a zero bank angle during the delivery is the goal when using my technique so the result should be the same in either case.

I guess I am a little skeptical about the effectiveness of any automatically calculated deliveries from any system from this era anyway. This is especially true when you consider the different ballistics that are (or should be) inherent to each type of bomb. I'll probably stick to the manual methods from now on anyway. Videos to follow once I figure out the right angles to input into the sight. ;)

Edited by Bunyap

Awesome videos Bunyap! Thanks for making them, they help a ton!!

Which object are those round ground bombing target objects? Are they in the Static Objects/Structures list? What are they called? Thx.

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

Awesome videos Bunyap! Thanks for making them, they help a ton!!

Which object are those round ground bombing target objects? Are they in the Static Objects/Structures list? What are they called? Thx.

Think he is using the 476th vFG's targets > http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=115228

• Like 1

Thanks!

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

I have been trying to drop the Nuke, it is center line mounted so it is not a pylon 1,2,3,or 4 and is not selectable.

I have all the switches I can find, it is armed and ready but when I hold weapon release nothing happens.:huh:

I can pickle it using the emergency switch but that does not help me.

Can some one write a Step by step switch by switch procedure on how to drop center line mounted bombs?

I even watched the videos but it did not help with center mounted stuff

Thanks

Ask Jesus for Forgiveness before you takeoff :pilotfly:!

PC=Win 10 HP 64 bit, Gigabyte Z390, Intel I5-9600k, 32 gig ram, Nvidia 2060 Super 8gig video. TM HOTAS WARTHOG with Saitek Pedals

I didn't got that far... maybe the drop center fuel tank works? :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

I have been trying to drop the Nuke, it is center line mounted so it is not a pylon 1,2,3,or 4 and is not selectable.

I have all the switches I can find, it is armed and ready but when I hold weapon release nothing happens.:huh:

I can pickle it using the emergency switch but that does not help me.

Can some one write a Step by step switch by switch procedure on how to drop center line mounted bombs?

I even watched the videos but it did not help with center mounted stuff

Thanks

Flick on all the switches on the overhead panel on and make sure the one 2nd from the right is set to "special."

-Turn on the switch behind the stick with the thin red bar across it (i forget the name)

-all the green lights should be on on the overhead panel if the bomb is ready to drop

-press the weapon release button on the left side of the stick

RTX 2070 8GB | 32GB DDR4 2666 RAM | AMD Ryzen 5 3600 4.2Ghz | Asrock X570 | CH Fighterstick/Pro Throttle | TM MFDs | TrackIR 5

Thanks Sceptre,

The one second from the right set to special was what I was missing!

Ask Jesus for Forgiveness before you takeoff :pilotfly:!

PC=Win 10 HP 64 bit, Gigabyte Z390, Intel I5-9600k, 32 gig ram, Nvidia 2060 Super 8gig video. TM HOTAS WARTHOG with Saitek Pedals

• 7 months later...
  • 8 months later...