The Ultimate Wags Avatar Discussion Thread

Sharpe_95

I read somewhere that when A10c and P51 was being made Wags changed his pic to those aircraft. Wags has had an F/A18 as his avatar pic since the F/A18 was being 'announced' in late last year or early this year.

Given how heavily invested ED are in stuff atm could the removal of his F/A18 perhaps indicate that F/A18c is nit going ahead at a good rate?

After all rumours persist about carrier and SAR being a major stumbling block. Other rumours suggest that ED is waiting for EDGE before releasing any new HiFi content due to an obvious need to integrate one with the other.

Couple this with the RRG news and ED's persistence with FW190 development leaning towards older War Birds and the FC3 AFM stuff, does anyone else think that F/A18c isnt going to be seen for 12-24 months?

Dont get me wrong, I am not b****ing or whining, anything that brings DCSW to the forefront as the seminal combat flight sim environment of the future is all good in my books. Its just for me its all about the F/A18c.

-Sharpe

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes in fact I believe that this is him tipping his hat to the demise of the entire genre, in the 1.2.5 release notes he mentiones a staffing change being responsible for no change to the current ATC AI being made. For me this is a definite indication that all is doom and that all that tin foil in my kitchen was a worth while investment. :yes:

It's the cult of Wags's avatar :worthy:

Edit: Sorry no I don't think it means any change to their business plan:smilewink:

I swear he has a script set to change it randomly.

Nate, don't remind me about the AT-802. :cry:

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

He also had an AT-802 - you can imagine how gutted a sizeable portion of the community was when he changed that avatar, and thus spelt doom for the AT-802 project :(

I still cry myself to sleep over that one. :(

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

To be honest:

I don't care - ... as long it isn't a mechwarrior or something.

...on another thought...

This would be really cool !

Couple this with the RRG news and ED's persistence with FW190 development leaning towards older War Birds and the FC3 AFM stuff, does anyone else think that F/A18c isnt going to be seen for 12-24 months?

The AT-802U would of been great.....

Would be great if MrWags was communicating with us through his avatar.

Anyone know where I can get some hi quality blueprints for one??

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

I have come to the conclusion that Wags' avatar is part of an office betting pool. He changes the image and everyone bets on how long until someone posts about it, the longest thread caused, etc...

... or it's some insidious psychological game. :D

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I am still hoping Wags changes his avatar to an X-wing.

Seriously though, I doubt Wags is secretly communicating to us through his avatar, well.. secretly tormenting people, but not communicating :D

Scrap everything I said - this is what I want ;)

-Sharpe

If they had made an AT-802, I would have been furious if the crop dusting variant wasn't included. Can you imagine how thrilling it would have been on an FC3 server to fly around dusting people's crops with insecticide? Every time I think about it, I get a tingling sensation in my leg.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nvidia GTX Titan Pascal - i7 6700K - 960 Pro 512GB NVMe SSD - 32GB DDR4 Corsair - Corsair PSU - Saitek x52 Pro - Custom FreeTrack IR Setup - iControl for DCS

I swear that some of you must see Jesus whenever making grilled cheese. ;)

Wags, has spoken and, I am afraid, he speaks the truth!!! :megalol:

This will be my favorite quote, from this forum, for a long, long time!

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Every time I think about it, I get a tingling sensation in my leg.

Fixing that is 'outpatient' surgery these days! ;)

Su-25: DCS Flaming Cliffs we be released soon.

I swear that some of you must see Jesus whenever making grilled cheese. ;)

Thank you Mr Wags Sir....

Grilled cheese mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Jesus no... Elvis yes.

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

Jesus no... Elvis yes.

That is a whole different matter. ;)

He likes toying with you guys and you fall for it.....lol

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

Haha, I didn't realize that was Wags who chimed in here with the grilled cheese comment. I don't recognize him without the Hornet avatar! :P

Also just noticed the Su-25 changes to an A-10 after a bit.

--NoJoe

Damn you for mentioning it. A grilled cheese does sound good right now! :)