The Ultimate Wags Avatar Discussion Thread

Sharpe_95

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your poor eyes. It's nothing of the sort :D

Told you I had terrible eyesight. :D

What am I looking at, then? Am I going to feel horribly shamed and embarrassed when I find out?

Edited by Pizzicato

i7-7700K @ 4.9Ghz | 16Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | MSI Z270 Gaming M7 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti Gaming X | Win 10 Home | Thrustmaster Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift S

Para-avatar activity from Wags causes paranoia on us. :D

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

Nah, few people would recognize it, though they ought to :D

What am I looking at, then? Am I going to feel horribly shamed and embarrassed when I find out?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Nah, few people would recognize it, though they ought to :D

Gah! That just makes it all even worse!

i7-7700K @ 4.9Ghz | 16Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | MSI Z270 Gaming M7 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti Gaming X | Win 10 Home | Thrustmaster Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift S

It is definitely Russian, and it looks like the Radar screen on the right here, but I am not familiar enough with Russian cockpits to tell you which plane Wags' picture is from. It is missing the grid lines that I usually see on the Su-27.

Su-33_Cockpit.jpg

Edited by VincentLaw

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Am I reading too much into Wag's new forum picture, too?

Looks a lot like a US helicopter MFD to my poor, untrained eyes... :)

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=129630

It's the Display from the MIG-29 :)

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

You mean the airplane whose only useful function of that device is a HUD repeater? :D

It's the Display from the MIG-29 :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

at least the Symbols tell it is an improved version of a russian HDD like in the Su-27/33 and Mig 29 ..it even looks exactly the same..but what do I know...

Edited by Lizzard

My Specs:

I don`t care..it is a Computer..a black one..

No, it's not. :)

we will be updating the Su-27 for DCS World to include a Professional level flight model

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

Symbology in Wags' new avatar is more in line with Russian aircraft HDD symbology, also the text visible to the left of adjustment knob seems to be Russian acronym for brightness, same as we can see under HUDs of Russian aircraft in DCS.

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

Wags avatar is an IPV display from a standard Su-27, switched to TAKT. (tactical) mode. I did some computerized analysis :D of the display's lower frame and concluded it's the same texture that is right now in Su-27 cockpit so that's an in-game screenshot.

I can only think of 2 variants:

1) FC3 Su-27 is getting improvements

2) Full DCS level Su-27 is coming

My vote is for 1)