The Ultimate Wags Avatar Discussion Thread

Sharpe_95

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're asking "what avatar is" or "what it means"? :)

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

You're asking "what avatar is" or "what it means"? :)

SU-27 PFM coming to a DCSW near you. :D

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

Is that actually mentioned somewhere? Also, how does a PFM affect cockpit displays - unless ASM as well which would be epic.:thumbup:

Not official of course but some very good clues

I think the MFD of the Su27 is getting an upgrade together with the AFM :music_whistling:

Su27cockpit1.jpg

Symbology in Wags' new avatar is more in line with Russian aircraft HDD symbology, also the text visible to the left of adjustment knob seems to be Russian acronym for brightness, same as we can see under HUDs of Russian aircraft in DCS.

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

Is that actually mentioned somewhere? Also, how does a PFM affect cockpit displays - unless ASM as well which would be epic.:thumbup:

PFM for the Su-27 has been confirmed months ago (actually a year +?). The MiG-29 and Su-33 are the unconfirmed aircraft. The MIG-29 will get a new cockpit/3D model but we don't know if it will get a new FM.

i could me wrong but looks more like something old russian for me .. a radar display or something

Lol! You probably need to read the rest of the thread. :D

(Hint: It appears that it's the Su-27's MFD in a radar mode that isn't supported in the current DCS implementation)

i7-7700K @ 4.9Ghz | 16Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | MSI Z270 Gaming M7 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti Gaming X | Win 10 Home | Thrustmaster Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift S

that is frigging... AWESOME

i am hoping the SU gets PFM *and* ASM !

if you ask me, the avatar (if he's giving a subtle "hint" by making this image his avatar - his way of telling us without technically telling us) would indicate an upgrade to ASM

i7-4790K | Asus Sabertooth Z97 MkI | 16Gb DDR3 | EVGA GTX 980 | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswind | Panasonic TC-58AX800U

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Am I reading too much into Wag's new forum picture, too?

Looks a lot like a US helicopter MFD to my poor, untrained eyes... :)

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=129630

looks like Russian radar screens.. ported to HUD??

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

if you ask me, the avatar (if he's giving a subtle "hint" by making this image his avatar - his way of telling us without technically telling us) would indicate an upgrade to ASM

It's a lovely thought, but bear in mind that Wags has a long history of trolling us all with random avatar images. :D

i7-7700K @ 4.9Ghz | 16Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | MSI Z270 Gaming M7 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti Gaming X | Win 10 Home | Thrustmaster Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift S

Greetings dear Matt,

I hope you are enjoying your coffee time while you are reading this thread. Must be really entertaining :thumbup:

Best regards, Suchacz

Edit: as you can see in the picture, on the left from the knob in the middle, there is a russian acronym ярк, which stands for яркость - brightness

Edited by Suchacz

I'd like to see Wags post a bowl of cereal for is avatar and see where you guys take that :P

Bowl of cereal.. means logistic, I would go for a C-17 or probably a better assumption would be the C-130 that's all over the world and it's kinda old tech witch allows a PFM and ASM. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asteroids

Update this

:D