Interview with Leatherneck Studios

Count Sessine

rdcufsgxqa7b3?

Phew, now it´s getting complicated.

Anybody got an Enigma lying around ? Some CIA or NSA codebrakers in the community ?:helpsmilie::D

edit:

Maybe his (tom-)cat walked over the keyboard

Edited by WolfK33

• Replies 708
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a really good one :thumbup:

regards Ganesh

She: "Your orders from ED have reached a total amount of $871,88 and your hardware expenses are countless..."
Me: "I can´t invest my money much better until i wait for Germanys Next Top Model": The
Bo-105 PAH1A1

+ Vulkan & continuous work on multithread & VR optimization!

Asus Z490E - 10900k@5,3GHz - 64GB 3600 DDR4 - 4090FE - Reverb G2 - MFG Crosswinds +DamperMod - Selfmade TableMounts - Centered VirPil T-50 Base with 20cm Extension - TM Warthog & Hornet Grip - TM Throttle +SlewMod - Pimped MSFFB2 for Huey - JetSeat SE on a sawn out office Chair - PointCTRL

Phew, now it´s getting complicated.

Anybody got an Enigma lying around ? Some CIA or NSA codebrakers in the community ?:helpsmilie::D

edit:

VERY funny, this made me laugh for like 2 minutes.

DCS: F-4E really needs to be a thing!!!!!!

Aircraft: A-10C, Ka-50, UH-1H, MiG-21, F-15C, Su-27, MiG-29, A-10A, Su-25, Su-25T, TF-51

rdcufsgxqa7b3?

ok guys... seems we are pretty close: count how many digits are in that "code".. there are 14!

could it be a connection?

If so... I think I won a free copy of the next Leatherneck's DCS:F14 as the 1st CODEBREACKER!:lol:

If so not... well.. i'll buy it aniway on first day release

rdcufsgxqa7b3?

ED should release two specific modules:

1. DCS: Enigma

2. DCS: Bomb

one for 3rd party, the other for community

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

It took me a while (5days), but it turned out to be a combo of shifted alphabet code, hexadecimal code and backwards alphabet code and other stuff:

rdcufsgxqa7b3?...qcbterfwpz7a3?...oazrcpdunx7y3?...

5ce8eb3d41382484a7f41491f6f07dfc3253d06a32acfe8e5dfa0173de9183ef...

-. --- .... .. -.. -.. . -. -.-. --- -.. . .... . .-. .

[...] result: O(scar) E(cho) W(hiskey) - 5894 :shocking:

fg2.jpg

Edited by -Flo-

It took me a while (5days), but it turned out to be a combo of shifted alphabet code, hexadecimal code and backwards alphabet code and other stuff:

rdcufsgxqa7b3?...qcbterfwpz7a3?...oazrcpdunx7y3?...

5ce8eb3d41382484a7f41491f6f07dfc3253d06a32acfe8e5dfa0173de9183ef...

[...] result: O(scar) E(cho) W(hiskey) - 5894 :shocking:

fg2.jpg

If this is true, I visualize this thread as a room, and it being silent for many minutes.....

DCS random letters confirmed

Edited by Donovan23

New map, new modules, praise the sun!:joystick:

Thanks for the new avatar Sith :lol:

There was a much longer rant in here but I decided to shorten it a bit. Really? I can't say if it was irony or trolling but not everyone is familiar with morse code, so thanks for stealing 2 hours of my lifetime. It wasn't even funny, but all this cryptic shit is driving me nuts. Why can't they just say what it is? Or at least _when_ they will announce what they are doing next. Honestly, that's the easiest way to drive away potential customers. This ain't teasing, this is taunting. Can't believe no-one is as pissed as I am.

Btw: It says NO HIDDEN CODE HERE

Edited by Jester Darrak

Honestly, that's the easiest way to drive away potential customers.

After flying the Mig, I am betting that being poked with flaming pitchforks wouldn't drive most of these folks away! :P

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

There was a much longer rant in here but I decided to shorten it a bit. Really? I can't say if it was irony or trolling but not everyone is familiar with morse code, so thanks for stealing 2 hours of my lifetime. It wasn't even funny, but all this cryptic shit is driving me nuts. Why can't they just say what it is? Or at least _when_ they will announce what they are doing next. Honestly, that's the easiest way to drive away potential customers. This ain't teasing, this is taunting. Can't believe no-one is as pissed as I am.

I understand your point of view, yes, there may be no reason to 'tease' a possible product, but everyone should understand how tight devs' lips have to be. NDA is very strict, and I would imagine it would risk the partnership between ED and the devs. If there was no NDA, it would be wonderful for all of us, but unfortunately there is, and we have to deal with it until the product is announced.

New map, new modules, praise the sun!:joystick:

Thanks for the new avatar Sith :lol:

After flying the Mig, I am betting that being poked with flaming pitchforks wouldn't drive most of these folks away! :P

It's not about the quality of their product which might be top notch. It's the way to treat the community. Either say nothing or be straight forward. Everything else leads to speculations and there comes a point where I say for myself "enough of this". You can have great products but won't sell anything if you act like this. It was funny in the opening stages of this thread when Cobra started giving hints with his avatar. But instead of either confirming or denying it there cimes this jidder where at best 0.01 % of this community might know what the code means if it even is the code. I'm just sick of playing games when the answer was already clear to me. Honestly, to me it is arrogance, espacially considering the quality of the MiG.

He said some will love them, some will hate them and some will even (don't know the exact words) wish them something even worse. Well done, goal #3 achieved!

I understand your point of view, yes, there may be no reason to 'tease' a possible product, but everyone should understand how tight devs' lips have to be. NDA is very strict, and I would imagine it would risk the partnership between ED and the devs. If there was no NDA, it would be wonderful for all of us, but unfortunately there is, and we have to deal with it until the product is announced.

That's what I'm talking about! NDA this, NDA that, why not be quiet in the first place? I don't want them not to develop anything, but _this_ is not the way to treat customers. Cobra did the avatar switching intentionally, which is either, like said before, the biggest troll in history, or a way to announce something. And no NDA says 'don't speak straight but you may place tons of hints unless you're not talking the name out loud'. I'm just disappointed.

Jester dont let this mindgame get your brain melted. Some people cant handle this and will end up hospitalized because you think Leatherneck assasinated John F Kennedy in the end while we all know it was Micheal Jackson.

Anyways whatever plane, helo or wheelchair it is they are making time will tell.

Winter is coming !

g8PjVMw.png

JFK isn't dead, he lives in Canada now, playing Poker with Elvis, Hendrix and Marylin Monroe. You all know that!

I like riddles as much as most of you do and I was also desperately thrilled when they started throwing out hints about ArmA 3. But the last comment of Cobra was not a hint in my opinion. Sure, it might mean something, but unless you're a coder or work for an intelligence service it just seems to me to be random letters/numbers. You can't give clear hints at first just to distract with that jidder. That doesn't make any sense to me. And then you have this trolling wannabe jokers out there posting senseless comments and or solutions. Looks like I am more disgusted of some peoples immaturity than the way Cobra is playing that game. Or us, who knows. And unless someone can prove Cobras post to be an actual hint by breaking the code or whatever it is, it still looks like trolling. If I was asked, the truth will be revealed on April 1st, 2015.

It's the way to treat the community.

They are trolling then and when, true. And being trolled makes one feel ... dunno, can't really find a good word here.

But the way I see it: they sometimes troll the community ... but the community trolls them (and every other 3rd party dev + ED + themselfs) as well - and sometimes not even that humorously. Actually "they" are also the community. We are all a big family (in a way, hopefully ...) and in families sometimes one nudges the other ocassionally ... ;o)

LOL - Right - Sorry, no more hints.

Never in a million years would I have expected that. :P

Believe it or not; you who visit or read the forums are in the minority and the most dedicated community wise, there is no reason to "troll" you.

I lied, one final hint to solve the last one: Affine.

Edited by Cobra847

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/