TFC/DCS OCT 28th Newsletter

Revelation

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's just an estimate based on the map shown ... but I doubt East LA is modeled at all. Curious to see how accurate that ends up being? And, once map is able to be extended do we go West to the Coast first or East to the Grand Canyon first?

...and when do we get to do canyon runs being chased by aliens?

0-345y7uo0M

;)

SO MUCH POTENTIAL!

Robert Sogomonian | Psyrixx

website| e-mail | blog | youtube | twitter

Damn.... Can't wait to fly A-10 at that map and wait to get AH-1 and Mi-24 to get to chopper fight...

If those overlaid maps are 90% accurate, the Nevada map will be huge to fly.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

While I don't want to get too excited, this satellite view is only a portion of the map shown from the mission editor earlier shot from earlier today.

Then again, the larger scale of the editor map could simply be an extended shot that includes the "barren terrain" areas as well, and the highly populated/modeled/detailed portion of the map might be constrained to the areas represented in the above image.

But the map editor version of the map does extend quite a bit further to the East than this, and does appear to include a portion of mountainous/canyonous terrain even if it doesn't quite include the entire Grand Canyon.

Are you sure that EDGE/DCS 2.0 won't be release sooner than you might think ?

It look like everyone think that EDGE = NTTR and that both will be release in the same time...

Don't you remember that http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=129972 ?

I don't even think that this map can work without EDGE since its build for it, and since NTTR will be release for December, their is IMHO a change to see EDGE just after the 1.2.11

So EDGE/DCS 2.0 maybe will come end November/early December i think !

But of course it is just what i think !

By the way very nice newletter, thanks ED !

Sadly we have no more new on the Hornet, i would like to know how much percent of work was done on it !

I wish I had your optimism, but I recall in December, 2013, when there was talk about Nevada been released in January, 2014. I won't put a wager on it, but I bet you're wrong. I bet we won't see either of these in 2014 and I'll be back here to say I told you so :)

Actually, the new map DOES seem to include most of the Grand Canyon.

Notice the blue outline on the original (official) image seems to be blocking out the Mission Editor interface, but the map itself seems to be fully zoomed out in the editor window.

Also the distance of 329 nautical miles as indicated on the map is 610 KM.

610 KILOMETERS A SIDE.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

culcrCL.jpg

Edited by Psyrixx

Would 3rd party modelers be able to add more airfields to this map?

Nobody knows yet. ED hasn't released any info about if/when development tools will be released into the hands of modders and, if/when they do, what form those tools will take.

i7-7700K @ 4.9Ghz | 16Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | MSI Z270 Gaming M7 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti Gaming X | Win 10 Home | Thrustmaster Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift S

I am so looking forward to my copy of Nevada. Funny enough, I was about to post a question on the forum asking if anyone still had a copy of the original Nevada map that came with my copy of the A-10 Beta. I will gladly take the new and improved Nevada instead! :thumbup:

Nothing worth fighting over in that wasteland ... except for the alien technology.

I'll fight for that!

My Specs

Asus Maximus Hero IX Z270

i7 7700k @ 4.7GHz

32GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3700MHz DDR4

EVGA RTX 2080Ti

Samsung 960 Evo 1TB M.2 NVME SSD

EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2

Acer XB270HU 144Hz @ 1440p (IPS)

Valve Index

OOOOhhh, I wish I had the Alpha of a Hornet!