TFC/DCS OCT 28th Newsletter

Revelation

Couldn't agree more! We have been waiting an eternity for NTTR! :joystick:

are you guys really fly all those airplanes or just collect them ? I don't get it, I need at least a month to get familiar with the airplane and to get ready for meaningless combat action. After a month I'm ready to enjoy the airplane, and there is no room for another new airplane to pop in. So, from my point of view this is mass production of modules. I would be more happy to see EDGE asap since current graphic engine is way obsolete in every aspect.

I don't need no stinkin' GPS! (except for PGMs :D) :pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

veao didn't promise that they will allow onwer of SFM-hawk to upgrade their hwak to EFM.

if they release EFM-level of hawk,maybe we need to pay the bill again.

it could be sth similar to the upgrade of bs2 from bs1. no need full pay again.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

All I am wondering about now is whether the tornados picture in Wags' post is a hint towards DCS: Tornado :D

I mean all the planes in the shots are flyable or to-be flyable except the tornado. There is no other explanation then this being the first hint running up to a DCS: Tornado announcement. pilotfly.gif

I am open to any counter arguments but I guess you'll all agree that this is irrefutable evidence.

I7920/12GBDDR3/ASUS P6T DELUXE V2/MSI GTX 960 GAMING 4G /WIN 10 Ultimate/TM HOTAS WARTHOG

• ED Team
All I am wondering about now is whether the tornados picture in Wags' post is a hint towards DCS: Tornado :D

I mean all the planes in the shots are flyable or to-be flyable except the tornado. There is no other explanation then this being the first hint running up to a DCS: Tornado announcement. pilotfly.gif

I am open to any counter arguments but I guess you'll all agree that this is irrefutable evidence.

No press release from ED then I say no proof ;)

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Tornado will be awesome, we know VEAO are making one so it will be flyable eventually whether those in the pictures are or not. Great news about the SU-27 being almost ready, great news all around in this update in fact, made for nice viewing.

[sIGPIC]sigpic67951_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

The bit I don't understand is they say DCS world 2, may not be ready in November or December because of several new projects, But then further down they say the NTTR map will probably be released late December? I thought DCS World 2 was Edge? So how are they going to release one without the other?

The bit I don't understand is they say DCS world 2, may not be ready in November or December because of several new projects , but then further down they say the NTTR map will probably be released late December? I thought DCS World 2 was edge? So how are they going to release one without the other?

They won't be. They HOPE it's ready they didn't say it would be ready. The key, IMO is Nevada is finally running in 2.0.

They won't be. They HOPE it's ready they didn't say it would be ready. The key is Nevada is finally running in 2.0.

I just read what they said and on one hand they say they don't think it will be released in November or December, but near the bottom they say Nevada will probably be released near end of December. Bit confusing if you ask me unless Nevada isn't DCS World 2.

• ED Team
The bit I don't understand is they say DCS world 2, may not be ready in November or December because of several new projects, But then further down they say the NTTR map will probably be released late December? I thought DCS World 2 was Edge? So how are they going to release one without the other?

This means that they dont want to hold up any new modules in Nov & Dec, while we have to wait for 2.0/EDGE/NTTR for late Dec.

Edited by NineLine

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Sometimes it's the small things. I liked what I read and saw, but seeing a distance marker overlayed in the ME sent me over the top. I'm taking it as a sign that DCS 2.0 will be a fairly thorough overhaul.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

I wonder if they reworked the air physic aswell.

I mean by that ir does not have the same density everywhere, you got small pocket of lower of higher dense air creating turbulance, and so is the wind.

And what about turbulance created by other aircraft?

I am very happy that ED communicates us the progress of their project :).

But I must say that I am very sad to hear EDGE will likely not make it for Christmass and not having any updates on the hornet, I dreamed of an F18 in the new EDGE in 2014...). However like I said I'd rather them saying their're not ready than learning it in 2015.

This means that they dont want to hold up any new modules in Nov & Dec, while we have to wait for 2.0/EDGE/NTTR for late Dec.

Ya, I'm taking this to mean we might see Edge just in time for Christmas, and if no then some time not long after the new year. With all that's going on and all the modules coming I can easily forgive them a few weeks (or more) so they can get an hour or sleep between now and the new year.

Thinking the same thing when I saw the screenshot. The textures look revamped as well. I don't know if that's a result of EDGE and DCS 2.0, but if im not mistaken, it looks a lot better than what the current external model looks like in 1.2.10.

Ryzen9 5800X3D, Gigabyte Aorus X570 Elite, 32Gb Gskill Trident DDR4 3600 CL16, Samsung 990 Pr0 1Tb Nvme Gen4, Evo860 1Tb 2.5 SSD and Team 1Tb 2.5 SSD, MSI Suprim X RTX4090 , Corsair h115i Platinum AIO, NZXT H710i case, Seasonic Focus 850W psu, Gigabyte Aorus AD27QHD Gsync 1ms IPS 2k monitor 144Mhz, Track ir4, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate w/extension, Virpil T50 CM3 Throttle, Saitek terrible pedals, RiftS

I just read what they said and on one hand they say they don't think it will be released in November or December, but near the bottom they say Nevada will probably be released near end of December. Bit confusing if you ask me unless Nevada isn't DCS World 2.

Aircraft modules dont release exclusively to the OpenBeta Branch of DCSW. There's no need to hold aircraft back if they dont depend on anything in 2.0.

Aircraft released in 1.2.11.xxxxx can be released as Beta to the release branch in Nov/Dec.

NTTR and 2.0 *could maybe* end up on the Open Beta branch By late Dec. for a bit before it comes to the release branch. With such a big changelog and feature set I doubt it will be a quick transition from Open Beta Branch to Release (not like some of these smaller 1-4 day turnarounds lately, I foresee a few weeks+ in the Beta branch before its moved to the release branch.)

*Complete Speculation of course.*

Edited by SkateZilla

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

That was one nice update/newsletter. Glad to see that some major steps have been completed and that we may still get it this year as announced. Patience is getting ever harder to come by, especially since the weather is turning bad.

Lots of great projects going on.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Deedle, deedle!