DCS World 1.2.12 Discussion

NineLine

Bummer the Su-27 trim hasn't been fixed yet. This plane is close to unflyable IMHO. Full trim nose down and I still have to push my stick forward even further to stay level. MS FFB2 with FFB activated, of course, every axis totally linear. Didn't test without FFB yet

I use an MSFFB2 and it works fine - have you tried 'swapping axis' in the FFB tune dialogue ?

Cheers.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On that note., is it possible to include version number column in the server list as a feature?

I know a few servers that still run older versions an stuff.

That would be great, but we also are in dire need of a sort function (by any column selected up or down) and even an instant search filter would be nice.

I absolutely don't know what 2.0 will bring speaking GUI. There are lots of things to improve. Another one that instantly comes to my mind is just using the full screen space in the key bindings section and a proper separation for command bindings that are general and taken for every module once set (like F keys for views, padlock keys, numpad stuff, time control etc) and the module specific controls.

I use a msffb2 with the flanker and have no problem with trim. Do you have "Swap axis" checked in FF tune?

Of course it's checked. Also, it trimsthe stick as I would expect it, exactly like it is the case for most of the planes. But to keep the Flanker level, I have to push the stick so much forward that I'm past the "trim region" which is just like ~60-80% of the maximum stick travel.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

The bridge bug fix was for all of the instances where AI snapped to the top of a bridge that they were driving under or near. As far as I know nothing has changed in terms of getting stuck via the other causes, for example evasive maneuvering and getting to close to the side of the bridge.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

That's the new DCS MiG-21 Maglev ... it was supposed to be Top Secret and divulged in tomorrow's newsletter!

I don`t know is it FC3 bug or MiG21... and no bug thread for this release yet. MiG has landed but no gears.

mig.png

I don't need no stinkin' GPS! (except for PGMs :D) :pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

By the way I'm experiencing extremely heavy loading stutters (similar to the good old Il-2 when someone respawned on a DF server) while flying in the openbetas (ever since) that never happen in the real versions. Probably this is because I'm out of SSD space and my openbeta is on a 7200rpm HDD while my main installation is on SSD, but I bet not everybody has SSDs yet and might experience this, too :D

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

By the way I'm experiencing extremely heavy loading stutters (similar to the good old Il-2 when someone respawned on a DF server) while flying in the openbetas (ever since) that never happen in the real versions. Probably this is because I'm out of SSD space and my openbeta is on a 7200rpm HDD while my main installation is on SSD, but I bet not everybody has SSDs yet and might experience this, too :D

I have all set to High. trees and shadows also. with 16x TSAA 8x Anisotropic 4x Antialiasing 2x supersampling with 1024 every frame in MFCDs on an I7 920. with an Nvidia 970 and no stuttering on an HDD. I do have an SSD but didn't put the Beta on it.

This was a Boutique Builder iBuypower rig. Until I got the tinker bug again i7 920 @3.6Mhz 12Gig Corsair XMS3 ram 1600 Nvidia 760 SLi w/4Gig DDR5 Ram Intel 310 SSD HDD 160 Gb + Western Digital 4Terabyte HDD Creative SB X-Fi HD Audio Logitech X-530 5.1 Surround Speaker System Dual Acer 32"Monitors. PSU 1200 w Thermaltake Win10 64Bit.

You got a 970, too? Great card :) - and you should update your sig :)

The problem might be caused by the RAID controller though, actually it's 2 disks in RAID1. But it's no big issue as I just check some things in the open betas and then wait for the release versions. Kind o fa sneak peek :)

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

New 3D models of Su-24M and Su-24MR

Added custom cockpit texture support (E.g. Select Gray, Finnish, Chinese or Green versions from drop-down menu!)

tumblr_static_d0wcewnqtr4g8wgg4skccwggo.gif

Our русский flying beauties of aircraft are kicking back into action once more this year!

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Edited by Harpoon

If you want to talk to anyone about anything personal, send it to their PM box. Interpersonal drama and ad hominem rebuttal are things that do not belong on a thread viewed by the public.

One thing i have to point out... naming a thread.. "OK, so" is as useful as tits on a bull.

Did I miss something?

Mi-8MTV2 now has sling load capability (just like UH-1H):

attachment.php?attachmentid=108410

Helicopters now have dust cloud/brown-out effect in cockpit and external views (tested in UH-1H and Mi-8MTV2):

attachment.php?attachmentid=108413

Why didn't these features get mentioned in the Change Log? That's just awesome news! :)

Screen_141203_051354.thumb.jpg.43f37631a127929657e86407645bf20e.jpg

DCS DOES NOT AUTO UPDATE!!!!! WHY?????? SHOULDNT THIS BE ADDRESSED?CAUSE IT IS A REAL HASSLE TO DO A MANUAL INSTALL WITH EVERY UPDATE AND RE-INSTALL EVERY MOD WE BUY.....!!!!! LAST THREE UPDATES AUTO UPDATE HA NOT WORKED AND I KNOW IT IS NOT JUST ME!!!

DCS DOES NOT AUTO UPDATE!!!!! WHY?????? SHOULDNT THIS BE ADDRESSED?CAUSE IT IS A REAL HASSLE TO DO A MANUAL INSTALL WITH EVERY UPDATE AND RE-INSTALL EVERY MOD WE BUY.....!!!!! LAST THREE UPDATES AUTO UPDATE HA NOT WORKED AND I KNOW IT IS NOT JUST ME!!!

Stop shouting!

More info please - You are starting the open beta version right?

sorry bout the caps....not an expert typer ..........yes beta ...but it is not just this beta....last three updates have been the same.....they will not auto update....I have to manually do it...and I own every mod....it is trouble some to uninstall and re-install everyone every time...

Yep, auto-updater for final releases hasn't been working for some time, but... why would you need to reinstall modules anyway? You don't have to in final version, do you need to in the beta? Just curious, 'cause I've never tried it.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

ED,

Thank you guys for the patch. love all the fixes keep up the good work. we are really enjoying the new models and look forward to seeing more fixes and enhancements.

Really appreciate you fixing the limits on the dials, your attention to request does not go unnoticed. Happy programming and happy holidays.

76th Falcon

MSI Creator X299 - INTEL i9 - 10900X 3.7 GHZ - 32 GB Corsair Dominator DDR4 - EVGA GTX 1080 FTW AC2

The open beta and the regular version updater seem to work for me. every once in while I have to use the Manual update in Program listings but this is usually because I ran the game that day and I think the updater only runs once a day (not sure on that I have not watch it in some time).

I have to say that I have not had issue with the updater and really like the way it functions. (Except the download speed, since everyone is grapping at the same time. Nothing to be done there)

Thanks

76th Falcon

p.s. IMHO

MSI Creator X299 - INTEL i9 - 10900X 3.7 GHZ - 32 GB Corsair Dominator DDR4 - EVGA GTX 1080 FTW AC2

sorry bout the caps....not an expert typer ..........yes beta ...but it is not just this beta....last three updates have been the same.....they will not auto update....I have to manually do it...and I own every mod....it is trouble some to uninstall and re-install everyone every time...

No prob!

Have you gone into Windows Start/Eagle Dynamics/DCS World/"Repair DCS World Open Beta" . . . . .?

Just in case you have a corrupted file somewhere.

I don't usually have a problem with the auto update in either the Open Beta Version or the Final Version of DCS but I often update by going into Windows Start when I read that a download is available.

I gather when you say manual install that you are clicking on the "download Update" link in the Windows Start menu?

Sorry for probing into your process but just exploring possibilities. Someone with more knowledge than me will probably pop-in here shortly with better information.

Cheers