Whoaa.... Hololens by Microsoft

dooom

A former colleague who's also a close friend and the single smartest guy I've ever met is one of the Creative Directors on this project. I didn't know that this was what he'd been directing until today, but I'm not even remotely surprised. The guy's a genius.

I'm super stoked to see this in action for myself.

i7-7700K @ 4.9Ghz | 16Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | MSI Z270 Gaming M7 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti Gaming X | Win 10 Home | Thrustmaster Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift S

there goes OR to outdated land

City Hall is easier to fight, than a boys' club - an observation :P

"Resort is had to ridicule only when reason is against us." - Jefferson

"Give a group of potheads a bunch of weed and nothing to smoke out of, and they'll quickly turn into engineers... its simply amazing."

EVGA X99 FTW, EVGA GTX980Ti FTW, i7 5930K, 16Gb Corsair Dominator 2666Hz, Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit, Intel 520 SSD x 2, Samsung PX2370 monitor and all the other toys

-

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar"

there goes OR to outdated land

Well not really as this product is a long ways off from being consumer ready. 2017/2018 - sure!

This has a lot of potential, I can already imagine flying in a holographic 3D cockpit that allows me to flip switches and press buttons. Hopefully MS can deliver on this.

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

I am impressed that Microsoft comes across as so "awesome" as of late. Didn't expect that at all.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

... Another thought . This thing might actually make a treadmill fun. Imagine "run zombies" on this

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

"This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL

This has practically zero application as a VR replacement, and especially so for simming.

AR is simply a completely different beast than VR. I have no doubts this will be great to have along the OR; but saying something like the OR is now obsolete is silliness of the highest order.

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

That's cool, but one of the first thing that came to my mind was.....how much will that cost?

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

This has practically zero application as a VR replacement, and especially so for simming.

AR is simply a completely different beast than VR. I have no doubts this will be great to have along the OR; but saying something like the OR is now obsolete is silliness of the highest order.

yeah well... the steam train wasn't going to get very far either ;)

City Hall is easier to fight, than a boys' club - an observation :P

"Resort is had to ridicule only when reason is against us." - Jefferson

"Give a group of potheads a bunch of weed and nothing to smoke out of, and they'll quickly turn into engineers... its simply amazing."

EVGA X99 FTW, EVGA GTX980Ti FTW, i7 5930K, 16Gb Corsair Dominator 2666Hz, Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit, Intel 520 SSD x 2, Samsung PX2370 monitor and all the other toys

-

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar"

Agreed. It's also very much a 'concept' at this point. Microsoft has yet to reveal it working in action.

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

It's also very much a 'concept' at this point. Microsoft has yet to reveal it working in action.

Did you read the wired article? It sounds like it works pretty well for a 'concept'.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I saw the Microsoft reveal. There was no real technology demonstrated in that reveal apart from some slides and photos, there was no demonstrator. I cant find the link to the wired article, did they get access to the hardware? Also more to the point, what Cobra said still stands, AR = augmented reality is quite a different concept to VR = Virtual reality.

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

I cant find the link to the wired article, did they get access to the hardware?

I know they are very different. I have a Rift and I will have a Castar rig this summer as well. I was responding specifically to what you said about 'concept'.

I saw the Microsoft reveal. There was no real technology demonstrated in that reveal apart from some slides and photos, there was no demonstrator. I cant find the link to the wired article, did they get access to the hardware? Also more to the point, what Cobra said still stands, AR = augmented reality is quite a different concept to VR = Virtual reality.

Actually there was a full demo in the reveal where they actually used the headset to create a 3D plan and mock of a quadcopter - they also let all journalists experience a full demo of working units after the reveal - of which many have written their account.

The only application for sims that I can imagine flows from the "on Mars" demo.... I wonder if it could surround my desk with enough immersion /resolution for me to believe I am in a cockpit looking out???

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

"This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL

I constantly see some called hyper uber VR revolutions and so far there is no any product widely distributed, instead good marketing movies only.

Wake me up when it is as popular as laptops :]

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ