Next aircraft speculation

Farlander

Speak for yourself, a lot of people wants the Viggen.

Who the f-k cares about Zero or Hellcat? :smilewink:

People who backed successfully DCS WW2 and other fans of WW2 aviation? Like me? Vigen didn't shape the world around us. Zero and Hellcat did.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]In 21st century there is only war and ponies.

My experience: Jane's attack squadron, IL2 for couple of years, War Thunder and DCS.

My channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyAXX9rAX_Sqdc0IKJuv6dA

I care. I respect that you wish to see and fly it, so be so kind and respect it that other people may have other desires than Swedish jet.

This goes both ways. Didn't see you correct Harle when he wrote exactly the same thing, but pointing to a plane that you (probably) want...

Then again, I am biased and want Viggen.

"Hard to imagine bigger engine. its got a beautiful face and an arse built like sputnik." - Pikey AKA The Poet, on 37 Viggen.

OV-1B with side looking radar.

Toten

Tiger-Spit-Viggen-Fishbed-Sabre-Dora-Kurfurst-Mustang-Huey-Warthog-Hip-Black Shark Driver (Not necessarily in that order)

MSI 970A-G40 MoBo, AMD FX-8350 8 Core, Patriot Viper 24 GB DDR3, Nvidia Ge Force 1060 3 GB GPU

These module speculation threads are always so fun :P everyone talks absolutely quantifiable, provable, unbiased and well informed words, and are also respectful to the fact that others may or may not agree their point of view :P.

Right?

Well... many people are pretty damn interested in Viggen, including myself, and many people are likewise interested in WW II aircraft, also including myself. Then again, people are interested in Cold War Soviet aircraft like MiG-23 etc. I also am, but in this particular case I'd prefer Viggen for it's uniqueness.

What does it matter we argue here back and forth? None, since according to LN both unannounced modules are weeeell progressed into their development anyway.

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

This thread isn't a wish list, it's the speculation thread. That means that if you think a module will be that plane, you've got to have a reason to back it up, and not the 'oh well i want it" or "DCS Needs It" or the ever popular "IT'LL SELL SUPER DUPER WELL". Reasoned, intelligent arguments based on the clues.

F4U Corsair

1. Leatherneck indicating one of their modules is WWII
  2. Leatherneck indicating one of their upcoming modules will have a tie to the company name: "Leatherneck Simulations", Leatherneck being slang in the US for Marine.
  3. Cobra's Black Sheep Avatar, signifying VMA-214, who's WWII aircraft include the F4F Wildcat and the F4U Corsair.
  4. This last is an extrapolation, that the F4U is more likely than the F4F due to the fact that VEAO is coming out with an F4F, and that the F4U was featured in the Black Sheep television series, which was about VMA-214
  5. The hastily removed picture on the ED facebook of a new F4U Corsair model.

SAAB 37 Viggen

1. Cobra's image of an RB-04 Anti Shipping Missile, only used on the Tunnan, Lansen and Viggen.
  2. Immediately after Cobra's previous avatar was discovered, he changed it to a Swedish Emblem.
  3. The introduction of new Swedish members to the team.
  4. Ground Mapping and Targeting Radar
  5. Complex missiles with Advanced Targeting Parameters
  6. New or unique methods of propulsion or force distribution, the Viggen being one of the few military fighter aircraft with a thrust reverser.
  7. the Tomcat lead up announcements indicating Cats and Ducks, Viggen can be translated as a kind of Tufted Duck.

Please provide your more numerous, better fitting clues for other aircraft. This is the Speculation thread, not the wishlist thread.

• Like 5

Thanks Tirak. At least someone who understands the difference between speculation and wishlist threads!

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

All of my posts have been speculation. OV1 has radar and unique (constant speed turbo-prop) propulsion. MV-22 definitely unique propulsion. Honestly, I don't think for a second that either of these is the aircraft in question but the thread had settled down to a couple of planes and people arguing about them. I'm just trying to keep it fun. My wishlist on the other hand is long and lies between 1965-1985.

Toten

Tiger-Spit-Viggen-Fishbed-Sabre-Dora-Kurfurst-Mustang-Huey-Warthog-Hip-Black Shark Driver (Not necessarily in that order)

MSI 970A-G40 MoBo, AMD FX-8350 8 Core, Patriot Viper 24 GB DDR3, Nvidia Ge Force 1060 3 GB GPU

All of my posts have been speculation. OV1 has radar and unique (constant speed turbo-prop) propulsion. MV-22 definitely unique propulsion. Honestly, I don't think for a second that either of these is the aircraft in question but the thread had settled down to a couple of planes and people arguing about them. I'm just trying to keep it fun. My wishlist on the other hand is long and lies between 1965-1985.

Neither the Osprey nor the Bronco better fit, nor do either fit more numerous clues than the current frontrunners, please keep the discussion focused there.

For example, an argument can be made for the wildcat as it matches the wwii clues, and it is only through a certain interpretation and outside information that the F4U edges it out.

• Like 1

Neither the Osprey nor the Bronco better fit, nor do either fit more numerous clues than the current frontrunners, please keep the discussion focused there.

For example, an argument can be made for the wildcat as it matches the wwii clues, and it is only through a certain interpretation and outside information that the F4U edges it out.

Never said they were a better fit, but thanks for paying attention.

Toten

@ Tirak, well said, youve put some clear sense in this thread:thumbup:

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Tempered Glass, Asus ROG Maximus IX Hero, Intel i7 7700K @ 4.8, Corsair HX 1000i, Nzxt Kraken 62, 32gb DDR4 3000Mhz Corsair Dominator Platinum, Nvme SSD Samsung 960 Evo 1Tb, Asus Strix OC 1080ti, Philips 43" 4K Monitor + 2 x Dell 24" U2414H, Warthog HOTAS, Track IR 5, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker Gamer 2, MFG Crosswind pedals, Occulus Rift CV1, Windows 10 Pro.

From a Swedish forum, one of the devs from letherneck wrote in june in a post regarding 3D-modeling on the subject of having to redo a model a few times:

"Our Viggen is now in it's third version...and it might even be a version 4"

All Modules | TM HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Combat Pedals | TrackIR |

From a Swedish forum, one of the devs from letherneck wrote in june in a post regarding 3D-modeling on the subject of having to redo a model a few times:

"Our Viggen is now in it's third version...and it might even be a version 4"

Source or didn't happen :-D

It is true that he says that "Our Viggen is up in the 3rd edition, possibly will be a 4th" but he doesn't say who "we" is nor does he have a nickname that is guaranteed to be in the leatherneck team. Correct me if i am wrong?

If anybody else is wondering, the rest of the post is just him giving advice of how to approach 3D modelling a plane and to take loads of reference pictures. He mentions that he has over 2000! photographs that he took of a Viggen which would indeed suggest that its something professional.

Looking at his user profile on that forum, we find his first post is an introduction. His name is Anders Karlsson and lives in Västerås. There is a Letherneck dev called Anders Karlsson who lives in Västerås.

All Modules | TM HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Combat Pedals | TrackIR |

Looking at his user profile on that forum, we find his first post is an introduction. His name is Anders Karlsson and lives in Västerås. There is a Letherneck dev called Anders Karlsson who lives in Västerås.

You are right! Hey Leatherneck please don't lynch Anders, he does way to good work on models for that!

Edited by Skjold