Next aircraft speculation

Farlander

Agreed! But let us have some hope that it is a marketing gag...

You can think as a positive thing. WW2 modules price is the same as a modern planes, but seems to need less work and time to make them.

Well....WW2 planes sales will help to a leatherneck make your favorite modern planes.

And i don´t agree with words like "there are plenty of good ww2 sims out there which have ww2 settings and equipment"

If someone think that DCS is not a best simulator for all ages (ww2, korea, vietnan, gulf....)

I can propose that have another´s good modern sims to his fun like Tom HAWX.:megalol:

Sorry by my bad english.

its a pointless aircraft in DCS terms. It has never seen any action, has never been exported to anyone else and has never figured in any real theater of operations.

That is your opinion... I'm very happy that we are getting some euro planes now (especially the attack version of Viggen which is even better option and will be refreshing for the whole sandbox imo, since Su25 is ssm only and I just don't want to fly the A10 personally - too modern!). Also if seeing action by your standards would mean the Cold war going hot... well thanks, but I rather take it this way! :smilewink:

Sent from my pComputer using Keyboard

My opinion:

Corsair- purchase day one.

Viggen- wait for sale. Honestly, before seeing it today in the forum, I thought it would be interesting, but now I'm a little disappointed. Don't get me wrong, I think it is a good and interesting addition to the game, just doesn't excite me as much as some of the other possibilities.

Toten

Tiger-Spit-Viggen-Fishbed-Sabre-Dora-Kurfurst-Mustang-Huey-Warthog-Hip-Black Shark Driver (Not necessarily in that order)

MSI 970A-G40 MoBo, AMD FX-8350 8 Core, Patriot Viper 24 GB DDR3, Nvidia Ge Force 1060 3 GB GPU

That is your opinion... I'm very happy that we are getting some euro planes now (especially the attack version of Viggen which is even better option and will be refreshing for the whole sandbox imo, since Su25 is ssm only and I just don't want to fly the A10 personally - too modern!). Also if seeing action by your standards would mean the Cold war going hot... well thanks, but I rather take it this way! :smilewink:

and of KA-50 you can say same! Very little use for that aircraft, yet it is excellent and the root of DCS sim!

I am very happy about Viggen, what is the point of critising LNS for their choice? it is there time and passion at work!

AJS is perfection for me multirole!!

i7 2600k -- Noctua NH-D14--Asrock Z75 Pro3--ASUS GTX970 Strix --16Go Ripjaws X 1333--Thermaltake Smart M650--CoolerMaster Silencio 652S--AOC E2752VQ-- Sandisk Extreme II 480GB--Saitek X-52 Pro --SAITEK PZ35 Pedals

F4U not for me , viggen day one.

i7 2600k -- Noctua NH-D14--Asrock Z75 Pro3--ASUS GTX970 Strix --16Go Ripjaws X 1333--Thermaltake Smart M650--CoolerMaster Silencio 652S--AOC E2752VQ-- Sandisk Extreme II 480GB--Saitek X-52 Pro --SAITEK PZ35 Pedals

I just think its a very disappointing outcome. if you want to play ww2 there are plenty of good ww2 sims out there which have ww2 settings and equipment.

As for the viggen well just bleh. Useless niche swedish junk which is as much use as teats on a bull. In real life and game.

What's wrong with the Viggen?

Just anti-swedish bias or are you just salty it's not one of your favorite planes?

Because the Viggen definitely isn't junk.

It is to me a symptom of what is going wrong with the DCS idea.

It all started out with a theme 90's and 2000's with a tenuous but believable basis. All of the scenery and ground units fit with it.

Then they add the A-10c and KA-50 which fit. The Mi-8 and Huey even fit.

After that its like someone has put a list of every combat aircraft ever made on a wall and thrown a bag full of darts at it. There is no rhyme or reason. We've got ww2 aircraft without any ww2 scenery or ground units. The choices even of ww2 aircraft are crazy. What is the point of having an FW-190D if you don't even have a bomber for them to intercept.

Then we get korean war aircraft with no ground units etc to go with them.

its all too eclectic. They needed to stick to a theme. Now there's an F-4u with no aircraft carrier nor any japanese aircraft or ships. Then a viggen with no swedish ground units and nothing to make it fit into the theme.

As I've said a few times a decent russian and US strike aircraft are desperately needed to fit into the original theme. Its just crazy to me.

It all started out with a theme 90's and 2000's with a tenuous but believable basis. All of the scenery and ground units fit with it.

After that its like someone has put a list of every combat aircraft ever made on a wall and thrown a bag full of darts at it. There is no rhyme or reason. We've got ww2 aircraft without any ww2 scenery or ground units. The choices even of ww2 aircraft are crazy. What is the point of having an FW-190D if you don't even have a bomber for them to intercept.

its all too eclectic. They needed to stick to a theme. Now there's an F-4u with no aircraft carrier nor any japanese aircraft or ships. Then a viggen with no swedish ground units and nothing to make it fit into the theme.

As I've said a few times a decent russian and US strike aircraft are desperately needed to fit into the original theme. Its just crazy to me.

I kinda would agree with you, expect the fact that Leatherneck has said that they will include AI units including ground units with any plane that feels "out of place" :smilewink:

I kinda would agree with you, expect the fact that Leatherneck has said that they will include AI units including ground units with any plane that feels "out of place" :smilewink:

Yup!

Leathnerck will include a free map and free period AI units with their units!

They know how to do it!

Its not just ground units. What would a viggens real role have been had it ever seen combat. It would have been intercepting Bears and Backfires and Fitters which were flying into swedish airspace. Well none of those are crewable. You certainly wouldn't have seen Mig-21's invading swedish airspace as they are too short range and can''t in flight refuel.

What's wrong with the Viggen?

Just anti-swedish bias or are you just salty it's not one of your favorite planes?

Because the Viggen definitely isn't junk.

Sweden is a very small country with just 9 million people but extremely well educated ones. It's impact on art science and technology is phenomenal! Including aviation! The innovation within the Viggen and other airplanes helped shaping modern aviation.

In short, Sweden deserves a DCS mod and I am buying it

We've already had that discussion countless times...

DCS is not a sequel to LOMAC/Flaming Cliff. Currently DCS World is trying to become a sim platform, much like FSX or X-plane, capable of hosting any rotary or fixed-wing from any given period.

Yes, it takes time. If you can't deal with it I'd suggest to find another game to play because this is not going to change, no matter how disrespectfull you might be.

Edited by Eight Ball

We've already had that discussion countless times...

DCS is not a sequel to Flaming Cliff. Currently DCS World is trying to become a sim platform, much like FSX or X-plane, capable of hosting any rotary or fixed from any given period.

Yes, it takes time. If you can't deal with it I'd suggest to find another game to play because this is not going to change, no matter how disrespectfull you might be.

Common guys, everybody should be allowed to share his opinion here.

It is absolutly no surprise that a outcome like this is a huge disappointment for lots of people who had hopes and whishes about the upcoming module. Also, the fact that LNS is not commenting this situation at all, could be viewed as disrespectful against the community, which showed so much patience about the announcement.

Windows 7 Ult 64 Bit | Intel Core i5-3570 | 16GB DDR3-2133 | GTX 770

Pointless in a combat simulator which is crying out for a decent strike aircraft. A sensible choice would have been something for the Mig-21 to defend against or protect, while the F-5e is defending against or protecting it.

The AJS Viggen will be a perfect strike aircraft tho :)

I agree.

Also, the fact that LNS is not commenting this situation at all, could be viewed as disrespectful against the community

Err, alright then?

A) We have commented, albeit very briefly.

B) We're working on adjusting to the situation. And yes, this was a "leak" and unintentional.

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Yes they should, but that guy is obviously trolling. A lot of you fell for it too. He is begging for a decent US or Soviet strike aircraft. No matter, that we already have or are getting decent US and Soviet strike aircraft. (No matter that the AJS is a perfect strike aircraft) He is begging for something that fits the current scenario, something that most of the community got sick of years ago, no matter that DCS is slowly becoming a multi-scenario sandbox experience. (Hello Nevada, anyone?)

In any case enough wasting time on trolls. Im very glad we are getting both of those planes, and depending on available funds will purchase both of them. I'm not much of an attack pilot, but the Viggen looks uniquely awesome. It's large, burly, powerful and carries some pretty big weapons. As for the Corsiar, Baa, Baa Black Sheep. And for anyone having doubts that these will be superb modules, well take a look at the Mig21 is all I have to say to them. Cheers.

Edited by OnlyforDCS

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

I'm happy we finally get sort of a confirmation for what we have thought so long (personally, didn't really cared much for surprise, even though I understand wanting to pitch a product as impressively as possible).

I'm more happy for the aircraft. Very happy we'll be getting a Viggen, and as I've said before, if we're going to only get a single variant, AJS-37 is the best possible one, fitting as many roles and eras as possible, as well as being a supersonic strike aircraft. F-5E and Viggen both announced, stuff I've always wanted to have in a sim, and they'll be done to DCS standarts, pretty awesome indeed.

As for the Corsair, while it is not one of the WW II aircraft I am particularly fond of, I have to admit it's a pretty iconic and interesting one. I am especially interested in using it as an attack aircraft. Wonder if it will have "Tiny Tim" rockets :D.

Looks like DCS will get me spend quite a bit in coming months :).

About the "Swedish Junk", "What's wrong with DCS", "There are WW II sims" type of arguments. These never seem to get old, and seems they never will, even when we will have multiple 4th gen and multirole modules available in their favorite maps, I think there will still be people scoffing when another module than their favorite would be announced. Not even sure why I'm replying to that still, oh well here goes...

DCS is a combat flight sim sandbox, and has no period, faction or theater focus. In time it will have enough assets to create scenarios with such focus, but first and foremost, it is a sandbox sim, and I'm l glad it is so.

As for the Viggen, it is one of the most andvanced and best among 3rrd generation of fighter aircraft. And AJS-37 is the most advanced stike variant, but can also carry 6 all aspect sidewinders for some air combat too, so almost multirole... I prefer Viggen finally getting a good sim treatment more to many Russian or US aircraft (even though I want them too). In fact, I would have been somewhat disappointed if it was not Viggen, even if it would be something else I also wanted.

Very excited about Viggen, very excited indeed :).

(PS. Now that F-5E and Viggen, two things I quite wanted, are coming, my wish list's current priority is some Soviet aircraft, hope someone will take on a MiG-23,25,27 or Su-17/22, Su-24 etc etc, bring it on!)

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

• ED Team

Guys before some of you get out of hand please review the rules

In particular

1.10 Product feedback and constructive criticism is encouraged when provided in a mature and courteous manner. However, feedback that is abusive, insulting or condescending is not welcome. Additionally, to bring up a particular issue repeatedly after it has already been acknowledged will be considered "trolling" - in such cases a warning will be issued to the author and the post will be removed.

Please share your opinion, but do it within the rules of the forum.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

It is absolutly no surprise that a outcome like this is a huge disappointment for lots of people who had hopes and whishes about the upcoming module. Also, the fact that LNS is not commenting this situation at all, could be viewed as disrespectful against the community, which showed so much patience about the announcement.

Opposing opinions do make for good debate... of course the other side of the coin is that ED have actually stated the purpose and reasoning behind the development of DCS World on this very website. His hopes were dashed because he didn't bother to read, didn't understand or simply doesn't wish to acknowledge the true goals ED is trying to achieve in their "sandbox simulation". Even with this leak of information as to what the modules are, we still do not know the details of the upcoming releases and I'm sure Cobra will be doing some damage control here in the next few days which will include said details. It does take a bit of time to do a proper update so I will not rush to judgment on who is being disrespectful or not.

Truly superior pilots are those that use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

"If at first you don't succeed, Carrier Landings are not for you!"

It is absolutly no surprise that a outcome like this is a huge disappointment for lots of people who had hopes and whishes about the upcoming module.

The problem isn't about sharing opinions, it's about how you do so.

I have zero interest in the Viggen, I was hoping for something completely different. And like you said, there are plenty of people like that.

But you don't see us storming the forums to talk crap about the aircraft of LN.

There has been enough drama surrounding the customers-developer relationship, we shouldn't allow this kind of behavior.

This is a forum, not a live stream on Twich, people have plenty of time to formulate their griefs/concerns/disappointment in a respectful manner.

Edited by Eight Ball

Err, alright then?

A) We have commented, albeit very briefly.

B) We're working on adjusting to the situation. And yes, this was a "leak" and unintentional.

I don't know if you want to answer this, if no then just ignore I guess.

Which one will we see first? The F-14 or Viggen? :)