DCS: F-5E!

Python

Hi !

Which liveries are available please ?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel I7 8700K / RTX 3080 / 32Go DDR4 PC21300 G.Skill Ripjaws V / MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon / Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold - 1000W / Noctua NH-D14 / Acer XB270HUDbmiprz 27" G-synch 144Hz / SSD Samsung 860EVO 250Go + 1To / Cooler Master HAF X / Warthog+VPC WarBRD / Thrustmaster TPR / Track-IR v5 + Track Clip Pro / Windows 11 64bits.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

read page 193 - 5 of the manual for procedure for take off trim

Thanks! :robot:

Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.7GHZ

Master Liquid Direct Die Spray Liquid Cooling System

Gskill DDR4-3866 16GB

Dual SLI ASUS 1080 STRIX OC 8GB GDDR5X

Asus Maximus VIII Extreme | Asus ROG Front Base

Samsung 950 Pro 512GB M.2 SSD | 5TB Seagate External USB

4 X 1TB Samsung Evo SSD | 4 X Seagate 4TB SDHC 64MB Cache

1600W EVGA NOVA Fully Modular PSU

Saitek X55 Stick & Throttle | Steam Controller

Logitech G910 | Logitech G933 | Logitech G700S

27" BenQ 2K CAD Monitor

Steam: BlackhatEspeed | Skype: ZioBrad

Hi !

Which liveries are available please ?

3rd Main Jet Base Group Command, Turkey

5th fs Merzifon air base, Turkey

aggressor `desert` scheme

aggressor `marine` scheme

aggressor `snake` scheme

aggressor VFC-13 '11'

aggressor VFC-13 '21'

black 'Mig-28'

ROCAF 7th Fighter Group

USA standard

USAF 'Southeast Asia'

i dont know, why they put a turkey skin in there. the turkey only fly the F-5A:pilotfly:

ps: grunf was faster!

Ok thanks ! Mainly US so skinners will have lot of work available to do more exotics skins.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel I7 8700K / RTX 3080 / 32Go DDR4 PC21300 G.Skill Ripjaws V / MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon / Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold - 1000W / Noctua NH-D14 / Acer XB270HUDbmiprz 27" G-synch 144Hz / SSD Samsung 860EVO 250Go + 1To / Cooler Master HAF X / Warthog+VPC WarBRD / Thrustmaster TPR / Track-IR v5 + Track Clip Pro / Windows 11 64bits.

I've tried many things from the manual of the aircraft on and around pages 190-200 to try and figure out why the aircraft forces itself to climb, the elevators on the plane are forced in some kind of 35 degree angle off, I have yet to find a working procedure that will level out the aircraft in flight.

:cry:

Gskill DDR4-3866 16GB

27" BenQ 2K CAD Monitor

• ED Team
I've tried many things from the manual of the aircraft on and around pages 190-200 to try and figure out why the aircraft forces itself to climb, the elevators on the plane are forced in some kind of 35 degree angle off, I have yet to find a working procedure that will level out the aircraft in flight.

Did you check your axis input? Did you tried to trim nose down?

If this won't help, can you record a short track? This is common way to recognize and fix a problem.

Good luck! :thumbup:

Edited by cofcorpse

:cry:

set up trim

for take off without loadout, the trim must be set at +6...

when you cruise, you should bring that trim indicator back to 3 or even 2

[sIGPIC]https://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic70550_3.gif[/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-H - SSD M.2 EVO 970 - Intel I9 @5.0ghz - 32gb DDR4 4000 - EVGA 3090 - Cougar FSSB + Virpil WRBRD + Hornet Stick - Thrustmaster TPR Pedal + WinWing MIP + Orion + TO and CO pannels - Track IR5

Trim not functioning correctly

Hi my trim is not working the way it should, it moves the hat on the stick but it has no effect on the control surfaces and the stick doesn't move when using the trim hat. I have had this problem in other aircraft such as the A10 C and the SU27. Any suggestions ?

Hi my trim is not working the way it should, it moves the hat on the stick but it has no effect on the control surfaces and the stick doesn't move when using the trim hat. I have had this problem in other aircraft such as the A10 C and the SU27. Any suggestions ?

I've had this problem as well with other aircraft, I've tried manually setting the trim with the mouse even, it's obvious that with these extended flight models there is some babysitting that has to be professionally accomplished with the controls in order to maintain the F5's wing systems.

Gskill DDR4-3866 16GB

27" BenQ 2K CAD Monitor

I also hate to crap on your soon to be Top Gun "Maverick" parade but in reality this F-5 would have out handled that F-14 to the point of where it's not even possible for the F-14 to get behind this aircraft.

Gskill DDR4-3866 16GB

27" BenQ 2K CAD Monitor

I also hate to crap on your soon to be Top Gun "Maverick" parade but in reality this F-5 would have out handled that F-14 to the point of where it's not even possible for the F-14 to get behind this aircraft.

Yep, the Turkey ain't no dog fighter, designed as an interceptor.

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.

Yep, the Turkey ain't no dog fighter, designed as an interceptor.

It's all a matter of tactics. Stick to your plane's strong suit and play against the other one's weaker traits. The F-14 and F-5 both surprised opponents who underestimated them.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Zilch79's YouTube Channel:

Okay.....

Before the “Development“ starts, I guess there is a lot of research, analysis of available data, feasibility studies, showcase model. In addition you need to acquire legal permission from the manufacturer/Intellectual Property owner and then contract it with ED?

Just my 2 pence.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

it's rather obnoxious that the F-5 in DCS World 1.54 seems to have the elevators stuck at a nominal degree so as I have to hold the stick forward just to maintain level flight and I haven't found a way to fix it yet...:doh:

Do you set the flaps on "Auto" during Start up?

Had no problems with auto mode since the first tests.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Do you set the flaps on "Auto" during Start up?

Had no problems with auto mode since the first tests.

I'm going to try this, thanks for the tip. I wasn't doing any of the procedures myself, only quick mission and having the plane started on the runway. After take off the planes elevators are stuck. I'll try a full manual start, taxi and takeoff and see what can be remedied. :thumbup:

Gskill DDR4-3866 16GB

27" BenQ 2K CAD Monitor

You're in for a rude awakening...

Only if the F5 pilot makes BFM/ACM errors. Otherwise the Turkey is toast in a knife fight. Say the words with me, my brother: the F14 is an interceptor.

• Like 1

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.

Only if the F5 pilot makes BFM/ACM errors. Otherwise the Turkey is toast in a knife fight. Say the words with me, my brother: the F14 is an interceptor.

You are correct. The F-5E's only real strength is its maneuverability. When the F-14 drops I can only imagine the amount of people that are going to set the wings to min-sweep and try to yank and bank with F-5s. Now a truly good F-14 pilot won't let you get that close, or they'll boom and zoom all day long. We'll have to wait and see for what LNS delivers, but I am just going to love the number of F-5s that are going to try to follow F-14s in the vertical, only to run out of steam and get blasted on their way back down. :D:joystick:

My Specs:

Win 10 Pro 64bit/ i7 6770K 4.5Ghz/32GB DDR4/ GTX 1070 SC/Samsung SSD

Warthog Stick/TWCS Throttle/TrackIR 5

Oh my, someone hasn't been doing their research :lol:

You are going to be mighty surprised once you realize how much better the F-14 is in turns :)