"Buddy Spike" - DCS World Online Events

gregzagk

Agree 100%.

The future of SR is unsure at the moment, all this tub thumping is if anything a bit premature. I've seen communication tools bring servers to a stand still when the player count using it goes up, let's help Ciribob with the testing and hope everything turns out for the best.

The future is uncertain...?

Have I not done enough work to show my dedication? What more do you all want?

The road map is clear enough as well, as Bss_sniper laid out, also thanks for the kind words and I'm very glad you're onboard with the radio :)

To be honest, I'm having second thoughts about continuing either with BlueFlag or the Radio on it.

What's the point?

All we get is complaints, moaning, insults and flaming with very few thanks thrown in.

I've got a busy week of real work ahead with some very early starts and travel so you probably won't see much progress on the radio anyway.

• Like 1

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think people will use TS and SR together at first but as time goes on, SR will be the primary comms program in game. For those of you that seem to be a bit stubborn, TS will always be around, at least to use at a meeting place. Ciribob has put in alot of work, on his own time to give US something for free. He's asked for suggestions and help from any of us. It would be nice if we could all come together and help him make this as useful and realistic as possible. Like I eluded to earlier, I wouldn't be surprised if this is integrated into DCS itself. We're a small group in the computer gaming scene. We really shouldn't be arguing. Just download it and five it a try. I really do believe you'll appreciate the program. If you don't care for it then you wasted a few minutes of your life.

I9 9900k @ 5ghz water cooled, 32gb ram, GTX 2080ti, 1tb M.2, 2tb hdd, 1000 watt psu TrackIR 5, TM Warthog Stick and Throttle, CH Pedals

we are now in testing and we added the radio, it's normal that not everyone will use it but this is going to be the standard for blue flag, so even if you haven't installed it yet, do so.

We are not into enforcing although we can simply not allow anyone who is in TS to join the server unless he is in the radio, but we don't want to get to enforcing anything.

By monitoring what is happening with the radio, we will decide accordingly for the round start.

Thank you !!

I see some people are complaining about the thought of using Simple Radio. Let me start by saying I was totally against it. Mostly it was because I thought it would split the community. I downloaded it and use it now. It's as simple as using TS but IMO it's better suited for what we're doing in aircraft. You're using the actual radios in the aircraft and for the FC planes, there is a small overlay to input radio frequencies. It's really something that should be integrated into vanilla DCS. Things that are coming in the future of SR are really what sets it apart from TS. Things like radio propagation, limitation of radio waves due to weather and terrain, encryption, etc. Like it or not, I really see this as the future of communication for DCS and it's a good thing. At least download it and give it a try. I think you'll change your mind.

Agree. As I said this is a game changer with all the best it brings and it surely deserves to give it a go for those who haven't done so yet.

I'm a casual and the way these last few pages are going, if all these people get their way, you are going to alienate a majority of the people that fly DCS. Not everyone wants to be super serious about everything, it turns into a second job. Also the elitism is getting pretty crazy, it's all SR or bust. I also remember I flew my Mig21 a few rounds back and someone told me to get the ef out of the useless plane and do something. I haven't been back since.

To me it sounds more like you got offended by someone else rather than actually an issue reguarding the coms. I don't think Blue Flag is meant for beginners as it already has some high standards within its core mission design, it was made that way. Thus, I believe people who have chosen to fly on Blue Flag are mostly advanced pilots with years of experience who had enough of easy tasks and training instead of casual players and beginners who are still wondering how their aircraft does work and fly. There are probably some rookies over there, but less than you think. I believe people have chosen Buddy Spike's Blue Flag over other servers for the high level it comes with, for the challenge it brings and for the coordinated teamwork it requires to make something.

Adding SR on top of this has to be considered as a powerfull tool over TS since it provides mostly advantages over any other forms of communications as it has already been said. As you're evolving into a rich environment on Blue Flag, with descent standards, I believe it's a must for the pilots out there to at least know the basic rules of aviation regarding ATC auto-information and phraseolgy for the sake of safety as each live given does matter. It's not only because we are hardcore, it's aswell a matter of safeness and situationnal awareness. By the way, I wouldn't mind being a global ATC for a round being in charge of aircraft taxis, runway departures & arrivals and traffic deconfliction, then monitoring the aircrafts to the active GCI's frequency once there are airborn 10 miles out their homeplate. But o'well, that's just me, I might be out of my mind... Finally, everything in DCS requires some knowledge and some work, learning ATC rules is by far one of the easiest and most achievable aspect of this simulation.

Some of us are real life pilots, some others are just enthusiasts with insane knowledge, that said of course we're all aware this is a simulation/game, but we all do want the best as Blue Flag is the current Top 1 server in DCS community.

Edited by Sacha

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The road map is clear enough as well, as Bss_sniper laid out, also thanks for the kind words and I'm very glad you're onboard with the radio :)

To be honest, I'm having second thoughts about continuing either with BlueFlag or the Radio on it.

What's the point?

All we get is complaints, moaning, insults and flaming with very few thanks thrown in.

I've got a busy week of real work ahead with some very early starts and travel so you probably won't see much progress on the radio anyway.

Don't let the vocal minority get ya down Ciribob, the majority of people appreciate what you and the BS team is doing. There is always resistance to change, they will get it through their heads once GCI and/or the team is on SR only. :)

• Like 1

5900X - 32 GB 3600 RAM - 1080TI

My Twitch Channel

~Moo

Don't let the vocal minority get ya down Ciribob, the majority of people appreciate what you and the BS team is doing. There is always resistance to change, they will get it through their heads once GCI and/or the team is on SR only. :)

Ya buddy I second this, it's the best comms software I've had a privilege to use. Our radios in pit which are highly modeled are actually useful thanks to you. Keep up good work and truly those who want to cry about it their is other servers out their. Team speak is worthless it's just a bunch of air Quakers talking over each other. Simple radio is real Comms pure and simple.

Intel 8700k @5ghz, 32gb ram, 1080ti, Rift S

-Added more Mirage 2000C slots to Blue airbases

-Changed Mirage 2000C skins (French)

Changes will occur after mission restart.

Reminder:

Simple Radio IP changed to: 5.189.162.17

Please use this one during the test session. (The map shows the old ip. Will change asap)

"ARGO" DCS UH-1H DLC SP Campaign

373vFS DCS World squadron (Greece) - www.buddyspike.net

"ARGO 2.0 Project Phoenix" UH-1H DLC Campaign - WIP

All of the regulars from the Israeli community have installed and been actively using SRS in our sorties.

Thank you very much for this brilliant comms tool! its working flawless and we are enjoying every moment with it!

We are ready for the official launch of round 8!

Salute!

Edited by ViFF

IAF.ViFF

http://www.preflight.us

Israel's Combat Flight Sim Community Website

I think you misunderstand me, the community is being divided by some that want it mandatory and those that don't, not some that want to use it and some that don't. For them to create an aura of don't bother joining Blue Flag if you're not going to use SR is imo jumping the gun before SR has been tested fully with 50 players onboard plus the bedding in of its suitability for everyone. I'm not saying it could not work i'm saying lets help make sure it works and works well for everyone before making divisions.

Just one guy has been negative about SR, i'm pretty sure 90%+ of posters and readers here are impressed and thankful for your hardwork.

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

Thing that maybe worth look at:

From Red side

- If enemy CGI sees enemy KUB it can shut it down.

- Patrtial Destruction on bases does not record after restart on red side. Blue seems to works well.

- JTAC on Red side is not drive as Blue side.

Any update on this?

Yeah, I'm baffled, too. It's almost like...like people are not focusing on being tryhard all the time and actually value the social aspect of Blueflag more than efficiency.

All hail the communications masterrace. :D

Maybe play 104th then? It's pretty laid back and casual over there and you don't have to worry about being a tryhard or needing comms. lol. :doh:

Ya buddy I second this, it's the best comms software I've had a privilege to use. Our radios in pit which are highly modeled are actually useful thanks to you. Keep up good work and truly those who want to cry about it their is other servers out their. Team speak is worthless it's just a bunch of air Quakers talking over each other. Simple radio is real Comms pure and simple.

+infinity.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

^ this! Whether you continue or not Ciribob, thanks for SR! It's phenomenal, and I'll continue to use it, and promote it.

-Added more Mirage 2000C slots to Blue airbases

-Changed Mirage 2000C skins (French)

Thanks, much appreciated!

IAF.Tomer

My Rig:

Core i7 6700K + Corsair Hydro H100i GTX

Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7,G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3000Mhz

Gigabyte GTX 980 OC

Samsung 840EVO 250GB + 3xCrucial 275GB in RAID 0 (1500 MB/s)

Asus MG279Q | TM Warthog + Saitek Combat Pedals + TrackIR 5

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

What's the point?

Take it like this:

1. Complaints, moaning, insults, flaming = Pile of rusted metal

2. Actual suggestive criticism and constructive debate = Water

3. The few thanks you got = Food.

Throw away the rusted, menacing old rattles, enjoy the clear water and nice food you're getting. It is time for good people to stop giving up on using their intelligence and capabilities just because some people have ringpiece below their noses.

Don't ask, here's the answer: 95% of my posts are edited because I have OCD.

So now we all agreed srs is awesome and we are moving over to using it harmoniously for the testing phase. Weve thanked ciribob for his many fantastic scripts and the game changing new tool. Weve thanked xcom for his scripts, grimes for mist, crash for the app and web tools, greg for running and organising, the people that have fedback and tested and the community for taking part so enthusiastically. The buddyspike team allow us to play in this competition as long as we adhere to their general rules and conditions and we are fully ok with those because its not going to damage our computers or wallets. Thank you community id like to register to play the next round.

Interesting side fact...the tech that was developed during Blue Flag records player guid as the slot joining engine and can write...if it wanted to... the srs player guids into the dynab.lua as a whitelist of players. Going by the coding rate i think ciri could have that done over lunchtime. Just saying.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

RE: Simple Radio

Yesterday, we had a package consisting of 5xF15C, 3xA10C, 2xUH1H, 1xSA342, plus GCI.

All aircraft had a common frequency dedicated to GCI, another for flight comms, and the helos had another freq to monitor that the A10s would broadcast on when the target was cleared.

We also had one guy on TS for some reason or another.

Comms were clear as a bell. All that Fox 2/Rifle/Gear Up/Go Wedge bullshit was on their own frequencies. :)

It took just a little pre-flight planning for comms to get in order, but nothing extraordinary. And although we failed miserably with our task, as far as comms were concerned I couldn't have been more pleased.

I created an interactive frequency planner to supplement Simple Radio, and to aid in the comms plan for the different aircraft, and I'll share it for you.

It also includes pre-set frequencies to check against for Round 8 - i.e. planes that can't customize frequencies but have a preset knob. It works for Blue and Red. Enjoy.

There may be some issues, but you can PM me to fix it, or you can download it locally and do it yourself. No worries.

Frequency Planner Link

Edited by Panhead

RE: Simple Radio

Yesterday, we had a package consisting of 5xF15C, 3xA10C, 2xUH1H, 1xSA342, plus GCI.

All aircraft had a common frequency dedicated to GCI, another for flight comms, and the helos had another freq to monitor that the A10s would broadcast on when the target was cleared.

We also had one guy on TS for some reason or another.

Comms were clear as a bell. All that Fox 2/Rifle/Gear Up/Go Wedge bullshit was on their own frequencies. :)

It took just a little pre-flight planning for comms to get in order, but nothing extraordinary. And although we failed miserably with our task, as far as comms were concerned I couldn't have been more pleased.

I created an interactive frequency planner to supplement Simple Radio, and to aid in the comms plan for the different aircraft, and I'll share it for you.

It also includes pre-set frequencies to check against for Round 8 - i.e. planes that can't customize frequencies but have a preset knob. It works for Blue and Red. Enjoy.

There may be some issues, but you can PM me to fix it, or you can download it locally and do it yourself. No worries.

Frequency Planner Link

Stop making me jealous.

What's the point?

This same thing happened with Yoda. He spent lots of hours with Leavu3 and the community went ape shit. The voice of the people against it was far more vocal than the guys for it. It drove him away from DCS all together :-(. Frankly I see the same guys in this thread doing the same thing.

My friends and I love what you guys have created and enjoy the hell out of it! I use a lot of your scripts in the missions I build. You have done all good for the DCS community. I thank you for the time you have spent to make our gaming sessions better. :thumbup:

This same thing happened with Yoda. He spent lots of hours with Leavu3 and the community went ape shit. The voice of the people against it was far more vocal than the guys for it. It drove him away from DCS all together :-(. Frankly I see the same guys in this thread doing the same thing.

My friends and I love what you guys have created and enjoy the hell out of it! I use a lot of your scripts in the missions I build. You have done all good for the DCS community. I thank you for the time you have spent to make our gaming sessions better. :thumbup:

I wouldn't compare SR to Leavu3... though i get the point.

Thanks so much for your work on SR. I love it, and have barely used it, but it's really RAD!!! Keep up the good work and soak up the love from the community, and as much as you can, don't listen to the haters... they're gonna hate no matter what you do. <3

Edited by Banzaiib

Please good sir Ciribob don't listen to the loud minority of people not understanding the greatness and importance of SRS. We both now and experienced mumble and PR development.

I have to keep myself from spamming and filling your threads with compliments.

So please good sir, do continue with SRS. IMHO, the most important addition to DCS to date.

"Hard to imagine bigger engine. its got a beautiful face and an arse built like sputnik." - Pikey AKA The Poet, on 37 Viggen.

Just to be clear:

The Frequency Planner would not be of much use without Ciribob's work.

Also, to reiterate, you do not need edit-level access to change the frequencies on the sheet.

(Unless, of course, I'm retarded and do not understand basic sharing and access rights on Google Drive - which could totally be the case... I've been known to be right only 0.2% of my life, so says my wife.)

If you want to change anything outside the range of B2:E2, you'll need to make your own copy by downloading it locally, or by making a copy on your own Google Drive.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jI83t8sfmaTc3O1nPQh417VMyvDf0rB_JAUlpWZ1E8E/edit?usp=sharing

Be the change you want to see! Panhead made a document and posted it. Grab some friends and come wreck our shit!

Sent while I should be working instead.

I was making a joke. We use it though our numbers aren't so strong that we'll see that many people on at one time.