DCS World 1.5 and 2.0 Discussion

NineLine

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

even with the error on build ?

This feels real though in a way other news items about 1.5/2.0 haven't. No offense intended to ED of course, clearly they've been working on it like crazy, this just seems like a very good sign. Even if we don't get it today or tomorrow, I do believe we're finally closing in on the runway (sorry).

Also I've never seen so many flight sim nerds logged into one place at one time in my life... :pilotfly:

Also I've never seen so many flight sim nerds logged into one place at one time in my life... :pilotfly:

We nearly hit 1000 around a year ago. :)

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I'm wondering if those poor devs in Minsk have a unlimited supply of jolt cola, it's close to 4:00am over there. Keep up the hard work guys, I have faith you can get it done.

Thanks,
Lt. Commander Jason "Punisher" M

Hardware:
i7 10700K 5 GHz Quad Core, Water-cooled , 32GBs 2400 DDR4 RAM, MSI Intel Z470A GAMING MB, MSI RTX 3080 GPU W/10GBs GDDR6X, 512GB NVME.2 SSD, 1TB NVME.2 SSD, 2TB External SSD, 2 512Gb SSD's & 1 350 Gb HARDDRIVE, WinWing Orion 2 Stick Base and Throttle Base, Quest 2, Windows 11 (64bit)

Matt could give us a "little update" again.. I know this is getting boring.. Ok, let's leave them to work.. :)

I'd rather have zero updates until it's done. It's a tiny bit disappointing to see "release candidate is done!" and then get a no, wait, just kidding.. At this point I'd rather just see the release announcement instead of "it's about to be released" announcements.

To be clear, I'm not faulting Matt or the other Devs one bit. I'd just rather know when it's done instead of getting teased.

I'm wondering if those poor devs in Minsk have a unlimited supply of jolt cola, it's close to 4:00am over there. Keep up the hard work guys, I have faith you can get it done.

Yeah no kidding. ED has more respect from me than any other developer I've purchased games from. Keep it up guys, but don't kill yourselves. Sleep is needed by everyone, and honestly with all the time everyone has been anxiously waiting, one more day won't hurt us at all. :)

My Specs:

Win 10 Pro 64bit/ i7 6770K 4.5Ghz/32GB DDR4/ GTX 1070 SC/Samsung SSD

Warthog Stick/TWCS Throttle/TrackIR 5

I'd rather have zero updates until it's done. It's a tiny bit disappointing to see "release candidate is done!" and then get a no, wait, just kidding.. At this point I'd rather just see the release announcement instead of "it's about to be released" announcements.

To be clear, I'm not faulting Matt or the other Devs one bit. I'd just rather know when it's done instead of getting teased.

Time to bed here.. so, I would say the best thing we can do is sleep.. :smilewink: :D (I would say the same for them, they need to sleep..)

Nobody was kidding, it was close and an unfortunate last minute issue kept it back. Can't be helped, we've waited so long anyway that it doesn't really matter at this point. I really appreciate the updates personally, and the videos.

[sIGPIC]sigpic67951_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

Time to bed here.. so, I would say the best thing we can do is sleep.. :smilewink: :D

I've been playing World of Warships to kill time and just finished a workout. Unfortunately, for me, I've got six days before I'll be in the middle of a move and doing some training for work, resulting in me being away from my computer for around a month.

Nobody was kidding, it was close and an unfortunate last minute issue kept it back. Can't be helped, we've waited so long anyway that it doesn't really matter at this point. I really appreciate the updates personally, and the videos.

I know that and again put no blame on the devs. I understand there are bugs to be worked out; that happens. But this close to show time, I'd rather just get the official word that it's released. Extra videos and screens are more than welcome, it's the impending release announcements which I am referring to.

I suppose it's just personality. I'd rather be surprised by the release of something - looking at you F-5E/F-15C - than be disappointed by something you were expecting.

Either way, looking forward to the release just like everyone else.

Edited by boomerang10

U can use the rudders with no legs look up Douglas Bader :pilotfly:

Windows 10 Pro 64, I5 4690k @4.6GHz with CAPTIAN 240EX AOI, Samsung 850 EVO ,G Skill Ripjaws 16G RAM, Nvidia GTX 970 STRIX, MSI Z97 GAMING 5, WD Blue 1TB HDD, Seasonic M12 II EVO psu, Track IR 5, Pro Flight X-55 Rhino H.O.T.A.S

I think to myself, how happy the Matt will be writing the text saying the 1.5 is available HAHA

Hehe, wiping the tears out of his eyes :D

Link to my Imgur screenshots and motto

http://imgur.com/a/Gt7dF

One day in DCS... Vipers will fly along side Tomcats... Bugs with Superbugs, Tiffy's with Tornado's, Fulcrums with Flankers and Mirage with Rafales...

:)The Future of DCS is a bright one:)

In celebration of ED burning the midnight oil and their stellar effort to get 1.5 out the door, I picked up several extra modules. Somewhere in the forum there is a post. If you are new to DCS or just do not have the cash or one of the modules, you might look for it.

Please do not post any reply here or Sith will kill me. Please just PM me with the info I posted (in that post) ...not here. Post here and you disqualify yourself plain and simple.

:joystick: :pilotfly:

EDIT: Modules are all promised... Thanks :thumbup:

Edited by MegOhm_SD

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10