Exclusive interview of Pat01 on checksix

BaD CrC

You'll find tons of uber exciting information here: http://www.checksix-fr.com/articles/Articles_html/DCS_Gazelle/Interview_DCS_Gazelle.html

Sorry it's in French. I would have loved to translate it for you guys but I don't own these contents. Maybe Google translate will make more or less sense with it for you.

I have to say the amount of work and dedication put in this module will make it a must have for dcs choppers pilot. My credit card is ready.

Very cool interview with amazing screenshots; Google translation did a fine job getting the info across.

Another DCS module to look forward to! :)

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

That looks great! I'm not much of a helo guy, but I definitely plan to get the Gazelle - it's an intriguing design and the Polychop screen shots are impressive.

It also sounds like it might be done soon. Reading some of the translations, I feel like there may be sort an agreement (informal or otherwise) among ED and the 3rd parties to not discuss release dates till they are ready for pre-sale or release. Thats just a guess, but I've gotten that impression else where as well.

In any case, this looks excellent and I'm excited to try it out. :)

-Nick

Thanks for the link and google did a pretty decent job translating. Some notable bits:

C6: Are there multiple versions of the Gazelle (export, canon, HOT ...)?

Pat: Yes, in real life there are several models of Gazelle SA341, SA342, canon, HOT, Mistral ...

We would like all get out. It all depends on how to pass out of the Viviane HOT. Be notified afterwards!

The other models are already ready: gun, rockets, air / air, but as we have the authorization of ED for one model we go step by step.

C6: What will the proposed model, with what weapon configuration?

Pat: For now it will be only the HOT Viviane.

C6: So for now Viviane HOT without possibility of other weapons.

Pat: Yes, that's right. Later, if you have the green light, we will come out the other. This does not depend on us

C6: So when it comes out, this little gem?

Pat: It's almost over. There is very little to include.

C6: More a matter of weeks to months?

Pat: Yes, absolutely. Even days: this also depend on the time of validation by ED!

This interview is incredible and this module very professional and awesome.

Now I wait the release, my credit card is ready...

Once again congratulation for this GEANT work !!!!

Thumbs_21.gif

Great interview. Some Interesting stuff in there.

You can tell it has been a real labour of love from Pat and the Guys. I personally can't wait for this module, I have my wallet open already :)

At the end Pat mentioned he may do a french airplane next. Pat how about doing the S.E.P.C.A.T Jaguar :)

SD

[sIGPIC]sigpic55726_5.gif[/sIGPIC]

Money is ready and waiting for this module. I have been holding off buying the mirage in case the gazelle was released early. Great to see they are planning more versions and hopefully we will see a British army version in the future!

For me the gazelle is primarily a recce aircraft instead of an A2G machine and so great to hear that it has NVGs. I also hope the Polychop can include the JTAC function from the left seat so the gazelle can become the first real aerial JTAC.

System Specs: i7 8700k @ 5.0GHz (not delidded), ASRock Extreme4 Z370 MOBO, EVGA GTX 1080 SC 8GB, 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz DDR4 RAM, Samsung Evo 240GB SSD, Samsung Evo 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD, Noctura NH-D15S Heat Sink, Acer VE278H 27" 1080p Monitor, Ocukus Rift CV1.

Controllers: TrackIR 5, Thrustmaster HOTAS X, Saitek Throttle Quadrant (with DIY removable collective mod), Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals.

Just trying to keep my number of takeoffs and landings equal!

Nice interview. It was especially interesting how ED takes care of 3rd party devs and I'm hapy about it, because it reduces the risk of crappy 3rd party developments.

I'm not really into the Gazelle. I'm looking forward to the Bo-105 which is what I'm interested in, but if the Gazelle is well made I will buy it anyways :thumbup:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

For me the gazelle is primarily a recce aircraft instead of an A2G machine and so great to hear that it has NVGs. I also hope the Polychop can include the JTAC function from the left seat so the gazelle can become the first real aerial JTAC.

As you can read in the interview, they coded a new trigger to flag a recce through the viviane ir camera. So you can define a recce mission in the ME and validate the recce through the trigger system as soon as te pilot finds the target with the camera.

Also, there will be the possibility to rearm/refuel anywhere in the map without the need for a farp, according to this interview. This will make the gazelle a fantastic duet with an attack chopper like the ka50 (until the Tiger is available, which is what Pat mentionned in the interview as his possible next project).

Yes. There's a lot of objects mods available for the French forces: Charles de Gaulle carrier, BPC Mistral, VAB vehicles. Too bad ED didn't want to allow Pat to release them with the Gazelle. The BPC is kind of a must have for the gazelle for Harmantan like missions.

why ED didnt allow it?

Feel the Rush of Superior Air Power

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]