A-10C TGP display: Targets hard to see

LeCuvier

While that does help I don't think it's addressing the actual issue here.

The issue isn't the visible contrast between vehicle and terrain. With camouflage they should be hard to spot. The problem is with the FLIR not working at all. If I go black hot on the FLIR...the trees show up darker than any vehicle. The trees should be the same color as the ground(more or less), and only things that are actually hot showing up black(vehicles, fires, etc).

As a newer player I find it next to impossible to get anything done without having labels on because I can't find targets.

Same here. :)

Oculus CV1, Odyssey, Pimax 5k+ (i5 8400, 24gb ddr4 3000mhz, 1080Ti OC )

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have not gone through the whole thread, so I don't know if this has already been addressed -

Is the TGP going to be fixed in the next update? :noexpression:

Rig - I7-9700K/GIGABYTE Z390D/RTX-2080 SUPER/32-GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE RAM/1-TB SSD

Mods - A10C / F18C / AV8B / Mig21 / Su33 / SC / F14B

I have not gone through the whole thread, so I don't know if this has already been addressed -

Probably not. BUT. ED has announced that the FLIR will be reworked this year!

GPU: PALIT NVIDIA RTX 3080 10GB | CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K 4,9GHz | RAM: 64GB DDR4 3000MHz
VR: HP Reverb G2 | HOTAS: TM Warthog Throttle and Stick

Probably not. BUT. ED has announced that the FLIR will be reworked this year!

Dissapointing! :(

Some things need urgent fixes like the A10C TGP & AI issues, more than anything else.

This is the thing I was discussing yesterday in this thread - Quality vs Quantity

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=160745.

Kinda hoping that the TGP bug will be fixed in the next few updates, because it renders the game almost unplayable at times! :(

Rig - I7-9700K/GIGABYTE Z390D/RTX-2080 SUPER/32-GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE RAM/1-TB SSD

Mods - A10C / F18C / AV8B / Mig21 / Su33 / SC / F14B

Well I'd rather they spend the time and resources to get the new flir system done and released honestly. It's fixable by just using a texture mod or do the tweak as mustang the texture creator has listed in the 104th multiplayer thread and works fine. Or go fly 2.0 it's much better

Edited by Enduro14

Intel 8700k @5ghz, 32gb ram, 1080ti, Rift S

Or go fly 2.0 it's much better

Semi-true. Yes, vehicles in the sand = easy to spot in TGP WHOT BHOT modes.

But, some areas are cluttered with cactuses or bushes or whatever and they are just as "hot" as vehicles. In WHOT/BHOT you wont see the difference between cactus/bush and vehicle until you get really close.

GPU: PALIT NVIDIA RTX 3080 10GB | CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K 4,9GHz | RAM: 64GB DDR4 3000MHz
VR: HP Reverb G2 | HOTAS: TM Warthog Throttle and Stick

I found a work-around in this post:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2620174&postcount=70

In 1.5.2 it seems to get the TGP image back to what it was in 1.2

I have not tried it in Open Alpha 2.0

This worked perfectly for me

"It takes a big man to admit he is wrong...I'm not a big man" Chevy Chase, Fletch Lives

5800X3D - 64gb ram - RTX3080 - Windows 11

i've made several missions on caucasus in the winter and it seems far easier to see vehicles than it does in summer or spring

i am not sure why exactly, but it's probably because the ground is white and the tanks are much darker.

I played some online missions today in Caucasus and played around with contrast and brightness of the mfd. With high contrast its much easier to spot targets in whot mode, at least a moving convoy. But if the targets standing still and cool down after some time i had to look twice to find the remaining target.

Asus Z97-PRO | Intel i7-4790K @ 4.00Ghz | beQuite! PowerZone 650W | Kingston HyperX Fury 32GB | Gigabyte RTX 2080 Ti | Creative E-MU 1616m | Samsung SSD 840 Evo Basic - 1TB | Win10 |

TM Hotas Cougar w. U2nxt + hall sensors | VPC ACE-1 Rudder Pedals | TrackIR 5 + Track Clip Pro

Hey guys, just glad my workaround works okay for those who try it. :thumbup:

In the meantime I've switched to Bartheks amazing Ground textures mod which also remedies most of the TGP problems that were introduced with 1.5 (without using the workaround).

Of course I can't wait for ED to release an entirely reworked TGP/FLIR, but given the availability of the above alternatives, I just hope they take their time and get it right instead of releasing a bug-ridden version too early. :thumbup:

Hey guys, just glad my workaround works okay for those who try it. :thumbup:

In the meantime I've switched to Bartheks amazing Ground textures mod which also remedies most of the TGP problems that were introduced with 1.5 (without using the workaround).

Of course I can't wait for ED to release an entirely reworked TGP/FLIR, but given the availability of the above alternatives, I just hope they take their time and get it right instead of releasing a bug-ridden version too early. :thumbup:

thank you for coming into every thread and linking this stuff (no sarcasm)

i keep resolving to install it, forget and then can't remember what it's name was.

neat.

Barthek should follow Baltic Dragon's example and go the DLC way, that would drastically improve the mod's visibility. And then I'll go ahead and collect royalty fees from both of them for having promoted their stuff before they became famous. :lol:

Kidding aside, the ground texture mod is really amazing, I can't recommend it enough. As soon as there are mountains nearby, DCS feels like an entirely new sim, and I'm sure there are lots of improvements I haven't even noticed. Plus, AFAICT, it remedies the TGP problems, so unless it ruins someones framerates (I think it's okay on my end), there are not many reasons not to go ahead and install it. :thumbup:

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Of course it doesn't work just yet. It is not fixed. So no work around or whatever gibberish can help. Some expectations of some people have quite descended...

9900k, 2080TI, 64GB, ssd, valve index, Thrustmaster on virpil, virpil cm2 throttle, tpr pedals, mfd.

• 3 weeks later...
Of course it doesn't work just yet. It is not fixed. So no work around or whatever gibberish can help. Some expectations of some people have quite descended...

Of course the work arounds can help. They will not implement the new FLIR feature, but it sure can help. I think it's rude to call peoples effort to lessen the problem gibberish.

• 2 months later...
Any news on this? You know, i haven't bought A10 module to just keep it in collection....

Yep, haven't been using the A-10C for quite a long time it seems, as I initially thought that Starway textures was causing this problem, but I actually found out it's 1.5 that actually worsened it (and it wasn't perfect before either).

EDIT:

Current update uses noisemax 0.6

Starway textures use noisemax 0.9

So starway textures do indeed worsen the visibility.

Edited by secret1962

­­­­­­

Sure the FLIR currently is far far away from being perfect but its not like you can't find anything with TGP, Shkval or Viviane. Sure it takes a bit longer to make out the Threats but therefor is the standoff range...

Mostly, I set my own IP 15ish nm from AO, orbiting it and begin to scan and seting up Markpoints. Then you can fly in hot and do your attacks and go home.

Modules: Well... all of 'em

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VIII Hero | CPU: i7-6700K @ 4.6GHz | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengance LPX DDR4 | GPU: GTX TITAN X (Maxwell) | SSD1: 256GB NVMe SSD System | SSD2: 250GB Games | HDD 4TB WD Red

Yep, haven't been using the A-10C for quite a long time it seems, as I initially thought that Starway textures was causing this problem, but I actually found out it's 1.5 that actually worsened it (and it wasn't perfect before either).

EDIT:

Current update uses noisemax 0.6

Starway textures use noisemax 0.9

So starway textures do indeed worsen the visibility.

Starway's textures are much better for FLIR visibility. It's not only about the noise value, but also the textures themselves.

Hi,

(posted it in the mods thread but it's related here)

AFTER a vehicle is destroyed - it is much more observable in the A-10C TGP for example, as it should , and as in in real life (textures are brighter/darker and behave closer to real TGP visibility).

Can some "destroyed" textures be somehow "adapted" / merged into the normal textures to make the vehicles more visible to TGP at least??

making the vehicle look intact before real destruction, but more visible with those added/altered textures in TGP?

What is actually changed in the destroyed textures to make them look brighter, or have more contrast through TGP, but not to the naked (simulated) eye??

maybe this could be a partial solution the the terrible and wrong TGP spotting abilities??

Thanks!

Callsign   SETUP