Any model in particular you may be interested?

joanvalley

Mirage III(O), plenty of English manuals online for the multirole Aussie version.

F-111

"We carried out many trials to try to find the answer to the fast, low-level intruder, but there is no adequate defense."

— Air Vice-Marshal J. E. 'Johnnie' Johnson, RAF

Can't charge us all

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Blackburn/Hawker Siddeley Buccaneer S2

1i08yr.jpg

- Unquestionably the best low level strike/ground attack aircraft ever produced!

- Operates from land bases or carriers, uses lots of weapons already produced by ED or Razbam (Usual MK8x series of unguided bombs including Mk82SE, SNEB rocket pods, GBU laser guided bombs, Sidewinders) as well as Antiradar/TV guided Martel missiles and Sea Eagle anti ship missiles.

- Self designated laser drops or buddy lasing for other aircraft.

- Best looking military aircraft - no question!

- Full set of RAF manuals available covering all aircraft systems, weapons and operating data (including Pave Spike pod, radar, INS etc - just ask ;) )

- I'd be happy to help for free where I can to get it moving :)

Pretty please?

Edited by tombeckett2285

"The only replacement for a Buccaneer is a Buccaneer".

f117

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

tombeckett, I'm not 100% sure but I might be picking up a slight favoritism towards the Buccaneer in your post. :)

Again, not sure, correct me if I'm wrong.

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

Blackburn/Hawker Siddeley Buccaneer S2

1i08yr.jpg

- Unquestionably the best low level strike/ground attack aircraft ever produced!

- Operates from land bases or carriers, uses lots of weapons already produced by ED or Razbam (Usual MK8x series of unguided bombs including Mk82SE, SNEB rocket pods, GBU laser guided bombs, Sidewinders) as well as Antiradar/TV guided Martel missiles and Sea Eagle anti ship missiles.

- Self designated laser drops or buddy lasing for other aircraft.

- Best looking military aircraft - no question!

- Full set of RAF manuals available covering all aircraft systems, weapons and operating data (including Pave Spike pod, radar, INS etc - just ask ;) )

- I'd be happy to help for free where I can to get it moving :)

Pretty please?

+1

• Windows 10 Home - 64 Bit
  • Intel Core i7-9770K
  • 32GB DDR4 RAM
  • Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080Ti
  • Oculus Rift S

tombeckett, I'm not 100% sure but I might be picking up a slight favoritism towards the Buccaneer in your post. :)

Again, not sure, correct me if I'm wrong.

Dammit, I thought I was being subtle.

You've got to admit, she's a beauty though ain't she? :thumbup:

Some lovely videos on YouTube to whet one's appetite too; gave the US boys a bit of a shock during the 1977 Red Flag exercises too - once cut through some telegraph wires while climbing! Screaming along at Mach 0.9 20ft above ground level sounds like the sort of flying we need more of in DCS!

Dammit, I thought I was being subtle.

You've got to admit, she's a beauty though ain't she? :thumbup:

Some lovely videos on YouTube to whet one's appetite too; gave the US boys a bit of a shock during the 1977 Red Flag exercises too - once cut through some telegraph wires while climbing! Screaming along at Mach 0.9 20ft above ground level sounds like the sort of flying we need more of in DCS!

Well with the attack Viggen comming thats pretty much what we are getting.

But Doing mach 1.2 20ft about the ground instead (with mach 2 at altitude)

And if you want to talk about beauty...

comment_cuJFB7Tcy2AeaOjamZgGZUz6S58P6fpn.jpg

And with the A-7 also coming id say we kinda have the Strike section partially covered.

I would not have anything against a Buccaneer but id be unlikely to get it (since im getting both the Viggen and A-7)

Id say a Eastern aircraft with the same role would probably be more what DCS needs =P.

Something like a SU-17/22 or Mig-27 (/Mig-23BN)

Or maby Even a Q-5 if we want to add our First Chinese aircraft.

And for Another Western / British aircraft id probably take the Jag over the Buccaneer.

But hey thats just me =)

Everyone is allowed there own Opinion :thumbup:

Edited by mattebubben

As you say Mattebubben, it's all about opinions ;)

Not a Viggen fan, the canards ruin it for me, they make it look big-eared! The A-7 is a truly ghastly machine; it is basically just an enormous flying speedbrake . Given, it can carry lots of bombs for a long way - but so can the Bucc! The Jaguar is a lovely looking machine as well, and can carry lots of weapons as long as you don't try to take off while they are still hanging on the pylons. It also has a woeful fuel capacity, especially as you need afterburners on pretty much all the time to get it moving :)

I think the biggest problem in producing a lot of the Soviet aircraft is access to sufficient documentation to model them fairly accurately. This seems somewhat less of a problem for western types, especially those retired quite a few years ago.

As you say Mattebubben, it's all about opinions ;)

Not a Viggen fan, the canards ruin it for me, they make it look big-eared! The A-7 is a truly ghastly machine; it is basically just an enormous flying speedbrake . Given, it can carry lots of bombs for a long way - but so can the Bucc! The Jaguar is a lovely looking machine as well, and can carry lots of weapons as long as you don't try to take off while they are still hanging on the pylons. It also has a woeful fuel capacity, especially as you need afterburners on pretty much all the time to get it moving :)

I think the biggest problem in producing a lot of the Soviet aircraft is access to sufficient documentation to model them fairly accurately. This seems somewhat less of a problem for western types, especially those retired quite a few years ago.

Well making a Su-17/22 or Mig 27 (or mig-23BN)

should not be that hard.

They are older aircraft and should not be as classified and were also widely exported.

the Su-22 had many European users (Pretty much all Soviet Block/ Warsaw pact nations) with Poland Still operating it.

So getting info on the Su-22 should not be alot harder then getting it on the mig-21Bis.

The problem of producing Russian/soviet aircraft is more about More modern designs (Su-30 / 35 etc) then it is older designs of the 60s 70s and 80s.

And both the SU-17/22 and Mig-27 left service Russia soon after the Soviet union broke apart.

And as such i dont see there being as much of a problem.

Its not like the they have High tech systems that are still secret =P.

And how can you call the A-7 Ghastly =(.

1024px-162d_Tactical_Fighter_Squadron_Four_A-7D_Corsair_II_flight.jpeg

I actually rate the A-7 above the Buccaneer when it comes to looks =P

But then again Beauty is Subjective.

What is Ghastly to one is beautiful to another.

And for the Viggen i think the Canards are a part of what makes it look as great as it does (in my eyes and to most swedes ^^)

saab_37_szarnyak.jpg

Edited by mattebubben

Another Bucc lover! My Grandfather was one of the chief electronic offices on HMS Hermes and knew the Bucc extremely well before going off to work with Ferranti. I'm currently reading through Buccaneer Boys, a fantastic read if you have the time

"If the MWS didn't see it, it didn't happen"

Even as i´ve been a huge Buc fan, i have to say that the moment we get A/G radar ready for integration, our #1 project is the F-15E...after that, many others (including a Buc) would be in line..

Best regards

Prowler

Well the moment you start planning it, let me know mate. I'll do as much as I can to help out in any way possible. Such a project would truly be a labour of love! I've been reading the manuals from front to back, back to front - I think I'll soon know as much as about the Banana Jet as the great men and women at Blackburn in Brough did all those years ago. Plus it's given me some really good ideas as to how to implement the functionality of a twin seater while remaining easy enough for one person to fly and operate effectively in a sim environment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Even as i´ve been a huge Buc fan, i have to say that the moment we get A/G radar ready for integration, our #1 project is the F-15E...after that, many others (including a Buc) would be in line..

Best regards

Prowler

Thats what I like to hear, if the Mirage is any indicator of the quality of work you guys are doing, the F-15E its going to be freaking awesome (and I am a Russian birds kind of guy), definitely a day one pre-order for me. You guys are just amazing, RAZBAM you have me as a customer for life.