Any model in particular you may be interested?

joanvalley

Yeah, because, aside from FC stuff, we have, what? A grand sum of two Russian aircraft, and that is if we stretch and count L-39 as Russian, which it is not :). Add in helos, that'd make 4. If we include older than 60s-70s stuff there is MiG-15 too, but then we'd have to include other announced and released European old aircraft to list too, which would make it even more lopsided in favour of non Russian modules.

I am all for more European aircraft, don't get me wrong. Viggen for example is the aircraft I anticipate most out of stuff announced. More Mirages, Drakens, Harrier, Buccaneer, bring it on, sure... But at this point sim is sorely lacking on red side modules. But if we look at available, soon to be available, and announced stuff, blue or European aircraft far outweight red ones, and at this point I would love a few developers do multiple 70s-80s Russian aircraft modules for DCS.

Anyway, Razbam isn't the studio I expect those aircraft from. They already have a quite sizable mix of aircraft announced / hinted from blue side of fence.

Regardless, there are Russian aircraft. Europe wise there is the Mirage 2000. That's it, yet Europe produced some innovative and effective aircraft during the same time period. The Draken, Viggen, Mirage III, IV, 5, F1, The SEPECAT Jaguar, the Buccaneer, Tornado, Lightning, Hunter, Sea Hawk, Scimitar, Meteor, Javelin, Vulcan, Victor, Venom, Vampire, Sea Vixen, Harrier, Sea Harrier. Some of the other aircraft listed in other posts are developments of the Mirage III. Gripen, Eurofighter Typhoon, MB339, Apha Jet, Super Etendard, Rafael. That's not even mentioning helicopters.

I'm sure some of these will be being worked on, but if we're asked - by whoever - "Any particular model you're interested in?" and people from Europe, or elsewhere, suggest European aircraft they shouldn't be dismissed because some people feel there are not enough Russian aircraft - when they are comparitively well represented; for now. If you're ignoring FC3 then the US isn't that well represented either.

It's a 'wish list' and, personally, I'm not overly fussed about learning how to fly Russian aircraft.

Edited by tom1502

• Windows 10 Home - 64 Bit
  • Intel Core i7-9770K
  • 32GB DDR4 RAM
  • Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080Ti
  • Oculus Rift S

Yeah, because, aside from FC stuff, we have, what? A grand sum of two Russian aircraft, and that is if we stretch and count L-39 as Russian, which it is not :). Add in helos, that'd make 4. If we include older than 60s-70s stuff there is MiG-15 too, but then we'd have to include other announced and released European old aircraft to list too, which would make it even more lopsided in favour of non Russian modules.

I am all for more European aircraft, don't get me wrong. Viggen for example is the aircraft I anticipate most out of stuff announced. More Mirages, Drakens, Harrier, Buccaneer, bring it on, sure... But at this point sim is sorely lacking on red side modules. But if we look at available, soon to be available, and announced stuff, blue or European aircraft far outweight red ones, and at this point I would love a few developers do multiple 70s-80s Russian aircraft modules for DCS.

Anyway, Razbam isn't the studio I expect those aircraft from. They already have a quite sizable mix of aircraft announced / hinted from blue side of fence.

You do realize the US only has one modern plane excluding FC and if you count older planes you only get 3. Of course we are getting the F-5E TIGER II and that will make it 4. So technically speaking Russia (red) has just as many aircraft AT THE MOMENT. That's not to say in the future there wont be any even amount of modules. Not to mention the ratio of Russia to US helicopters is 2 to 1 (excluding gazelle as that's not a US helicopter). I may be wrong, o well.

I was inverted B)

No, the more I think about it there are a lot of Russian planes, until you remove FC3...then there aren't that many. Same if you remove FC3 then US aircraft do drop (F-15C and A-10A). However, the US is quite well represented.

A-10C

Huey

F-86F

P-51D

F-5E

*FC3 - F-15C

*FC3 - A-10A

F/A18 in development

Russia has

Su25

*FC3 Su25T

Mi8

Ka50

Mig 15

Mig 21

*FC3 Mig 29

*FC3 Mig 29S

*FC3Su27

*FC3 Su34?

Western Europe:

Gazelle

Mirage 2000C

Anyway, my wish list (which was my point) was for some Western European aircraft.

Edited by tom1502

• Windows 10 Home - 64 Bit
  • Intel Core i7-9770K
  • 32GB DDR4 RAM
  • Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080Ti
  • Oculus Rift S

Regardless, there are Russian aircraft. Europe wise there is the Mirage 2000. That's it, yet Europe produced some innovative and effective aircraft during the same time period. The Draken, Viggen, Mirage III, IV, 5, F1, The SEPECAT Jaguar, the Buccaneer, Tornado, Lightning, Hunter, Sea Hawk, Scimitar, Meteor, Javelin, Vulcan, Victor, Venom, Vampire, Sea Vixen, Harrier, Sea Harrier. Some of the other aircraft listed in other posts are developments of the Mirage III. Gripen, Eurofighter Typhoon, MB339, Apha Jet, Super Etendard, Rafael. That's not even mentioning helicopters.

I'm sure some of these will be being worked on, but if we're asked - by whoever - "Any particular model you're interested in?" and people from Europe, or elsewhere, suggest European aircraft they shouldn't be dismissed because some people feel there are not enough Russian aircraft - when they are comparitively well represented; for now. If you're ignoring FC3 then the US isn't that well represented either.

It's a 'wish list' and, personally, I'm not overly fussed about learning how to fly Russian aircraft.

Of course this is a wishlist, and people are to state their own personal wish, yet, that does not mean there won't be comments or discussion about those.

So, what European aircraft we already have, and will have in forseeble future.

- C-101 (which will, hopefuly have an additional version while we are alive)

- Hawk

- Mirage 2000C

- SA-342M Gazelle (which will soon have an additional version)

And the ones already in development or are some developer's pipeline (some of them quite far on the way of development as far as we know) :

- SAAB Viggen

- BO-105 (again with two different versions)

- Eurofighter Typhoon

- Vampire

- Meteor

- Mirage F1

- Another mystery Airbus helicopter by Polychop

- Whole slew of European warbirds, prop and jet alike

As for the USA, there already are :

- UH-1H

- F-86F

- A-10C

- F-5E

- P-51D

In development or in pipeline :

- F/A-18C

- F-14A & F-14B

- AV-8B NA Harrier and many more versions to follow (and can count as European too, at least some versions Razbam hinted at intenting to do at some point, certainly are)

- A-6

- A-7

- F-15E

- A whole slew of warbirds

So total of "blue air" by far outweights "red air". Even indivudually European or American currently available non FC3 stuff either matches or surpasses Russian ones. If we add in development and next in line for development ones, there are like two dozens of US and EU aircraft against how many Russian? Zilch, nada, none, zero :). Well, to be fair, a Mi-24 (and an AH-1) may be still in Belsimtek's plans, but we are in dark whether they are cancelled or not. Also, there is an I-16 Type 24 WW II fighter in development, but I'm not sure if that is a mod or module, I think it is a module but not in official 3rd party forums yet. Even if we say there are 2 red air in development, that would look funny in face of more than two dozen blue aircraft announced or in development.

Now, I am not trying to change people's preferences, everyone is entitled to their own tastes and opinion, and besides, I don't fancy jousting windmills :). Also, I have nothing against more European aircraft, as I've said in my previous post I would love some more of them. There are some US aircraft I would love too, and got F-5E first day already. I am just stating current facts as they are, and frankly, I am very much interested in more red birds! :)

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

Just to reiterate:

I strongly believe that RAZABM (above all other 3rd Party Devs at this time) is in a great position to finally make DCS: F-16 happen.

:thumbup:

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just to fly for fun

T 50 PAK FA

Mi 28

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

---- " In Peace.....Prepare to War "--------

Wishlist : F-4 Phantom / F-20 TigerShark / Su-34

Processor Core i7 4790, 32 Gb RAM, 2 Tb SSHD, GTX 750 2Gb, 1920X1080 Gaming Monitor, Senze Joypad, Windows 8.1 Pro 64Bit, VMware Workstation 12 for WindowsXP with Office 2007 and Linux OpenSUSE for Net Access.

T 50 PAK FA

Mi 28

The PAK-FA project is not even operational yet.:music_whistling:

Mission: "To intercept and destroy aircraft and airborne missiles in all weather conditions in order to establish and maintain air superiority in a designated area. To deliver air-to-ground ordnance on time in any weather condition. And to provide tactical reconaissance imagery" - F-14 Tomcat Roll Call

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Just to reiterate:

I strongly believe that RAZABM (above all other 3rd Party Devs at this time) is in a great position to finally make DCS: F-16 happen.

:thumbup:

Honestly, I would love to make a third party dev to troll the DCS community.

I would announce an F-16, show screenshots and then go into hiding, simply stating "still being worked on X% complete"...

Then announce big release 2 years later, throw it out on the market and it´s and F-16A with Sidewinders and dumbbombs only...it will still be bought by dedicated people, but all the crybabies would whine because they don´t want "any" F-16...they want the F-16C block 50/52 and will complain I didn´t make one XD

Because that´s essentially what all this "Plz make F-16" crying is about.

And I´d sit there, in a pile of money and tears.

Wouldn´t stop anyone making an F-16 tho, but not my choice to make.

To not be completely offtopic, I´d wish for more European or Red Aircraft aswell, there´s some interesting stuff out there, but I believe RAZBAM currently has their hands full.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

GCI: "Control to SEAD: Enemy SAM site 190 for 30, cleared to engage"

Striker: "Copy, say Altitude?"

GCI: "....Deck....it´s a SAM site..."

Striker: "Oh...."

Fighter: "Yeah, those pesky russian build, baloon based SAMs."

-Red-Lyfe

Best way to troll DCS community, make an F-16A, see how dedicated the fans really are :thumbup:

I would announce an F-16, show screenshots and then go into hiding, simply stating "still being worked on X% complete"...

Then announce big release 2 years later, throw it out on the market and it´s and F-16A with Sidewinders and dumbbombs only...it will still be bought by dedicated people, but all the crybabies would whine because they don´t want "any" F-16...they want the F-16C block 50/52 and will complain I didn´t make one XD

Wouldn´t stop anyone making an F-16 tho, but not my choice to make.

To not be completely offtopic, I´d wish for more European or Red Aircraft aswell, there´s some interesting stuff out there, but I believe RAZBAM currently has their hands full.

Actually a F-16A would probably be my Preferred F-16 Variant

for a DCS module.

I would be ok with a F-16A Block 15 OCU as a compromise (Late F-16A Block 15 with a new HUD and Aim-120 / AGM-65 capability and a more reliable engine as well as some other minor changes but with the old style cockpit etc)

Since that would give you a F-16A that could easily fit early or later scenarios (And there are still F-16A OCUs in service in some nations)

Or maby they could even make a F-16A Block 15 and one F-16A Block 15 OCU package

(since the differences were mostly weapon based and they had different HUDs and a slightly different engine and more minor changes).

Edited by mattebubben

The PAK-FA project is not even operational yet.:music_whistling:

A fifth generation fighter? Don't even think about it.

Envoyé de mon Nexus 5 en utilisant Tapatalk

5e Escadre Virtuelle du Canada / 5 Virtual Wing of Canada

Intel i9-9900KF - 8 Cores/16 Threads - 3,6/5,0GHZ / 48GB RAM / Crucial P3 Plus 2TB 3D NAND NVMe M.2 SSD / Crucial P5 1TB 3D NAND NVMe Internal SSD / WD Gold 2TB Enterprise Class HDD / NVIDIA RTX 3090 / HP Reverb G2 / HOTAS Warthog / F/A-18C Hornet HOTAS ADD-ON Grip / WINWING Super Taurus Throttle / Saitek PRO Flight Combat Rudder Pedals / Win 10 Pro

Modules owned: P-51D, F-86F, A-10C, M-2000C, F-5E, F-15C, F/A-18C, F-16C

Maps: NTTR, Persian Gulf, Syria.

I would be glad that you started to consider two things for the development of new aircraft:

1 have aircraft carriers but only one aircraft flyable able to take off and land (SU33)

2 planes that are present in this game since the early years as the F4, F16 and the many others of the cold war should take precedence in my opinion because they are not only icons of that time, but the game itself.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]My dream: DCS Tornado

A fifth generation fighter? Don't even think about it.

PAK-FA is hardly 5th gen prototype, so there is still chance :D

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

56447014.jpg

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

Can you do that? I'd love a F-16A. Perfect for a F-16A vs Mirage 2000C server

Git 'er done Kev2go, don't tease us...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

Can you do that? I'd love a F-16A. Perfect for a F-16A vs Mirage 2000C server

Git 'er done Kev2go, don't tease us...

m2000c has radar guided missiles... F16A doesnt.

if you wanted to have m2000c vs F16 servers, F16C limted to just Aim7s would do fine, whilst for other servers against more capable aircraft aim120b/c would be enabled so in all honestly at the end of the day better to just have the F16C block 40 if you really want to make a compromise. IT would fit to late 80s , as well as 1990s - present, whilst still having most of the bells and whistles of a proper multi mission fighter ( like the F/A18C) save for the ability to use agm88 harms, which is what the block 50/52 offer.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

m2000c has radar guided missiles... F16A doesnt.

if you wanted to have m2000c vs F16 servers, F16C limted to just Aim7s would do fine, whilst for other servers against more capable aircraft aim120b/c would be enabled so in all honestly at the end of the day better to just have the F16C block 40 if you really want to make a compromise. IT would fit to late 80s , as well as 1990s - present, whilst still having most of the bells and whistles of a proper multi mission fighter ( like the F/A18C) save for the ability to use agm88 harms, which is what the block 50/52 offer.

Well why not a F-16A with Aim-7s and or Aim-120s?...

F-16A Block 15 OCU for example.

Old cockpit but with the ability to use Aim-120s and AGM-65s.

But in general i would have no problems with a Aim-9 only F-16 (and that would probably be my preferred way of using a F-16A in the Air-Air role)

And a F-16 with 6 Aim-9s would still be more then a match for a Mirage-2000 with 2x R-530s and 2x R-550s...

You simply need to avoid those 2 missiles until you get into Aim-9Range and suddenly you have the advantage.

And dodging two Semi active missiles in a head on when you know they are coming (and you are free to maneuver since you are not guiding a missile of your own) is not a major difficulty.

a F-16A with only Aim-9s would have less problem against a Mirage 2000C then the Mirage 2000C has with Aim-120 or R-27ER equipped aircraft and if you know what you are doing the Mirage 2000C is very effective in the PVP role.

For me Any F-16A would be a first day buy (be it a Block 1,Block5,Block 15 or Block 15OCU)

where as a F-16C im not that sure.

a F-16A would be something different and classic and would still be a very effective platform and it would be a better showcase of what the F-16 was designed to be then what a Block 50 etc is.

And also we already have a combat sim where you can experience the F-16C (especially Block 50/52) namely Falcon BMS where as there is no such simulator for the F-16A.

And personally i will get the F-18C when it comes out and that makes it so i dont really feel a need for a F-16C since the F-18C is very similar in abilities and task etc and can do most tasks as good (or better depending on the task) then a F-16C can.

Where as the desire i have for a F-16A is not affected.

I would be overjoyed if somebody made a F-16A but i would not be the least upset annoyed or angry if somebody made a F-16C instead.

So i dont think people should be angry for the reverse either.

Dont like something dont buy it dont be angry at those that do or those that made the product.

F/A-18 would be an ideal fighter plane for Nevada's theater ... Don't you think?

Well there is already a F-18C on the way From ED.

and its slated for a release either this year or "early" next year.

So the F-18 slot is about to be filled.

Edited by mattebubben

F16C Block 40 pleasssseee !!

what else could be better capable of going along with the ED F18C ?

Naval operations: F18C

Ground operations: F16C

Joint strike operations: F18C/F16C

ED is delievering the appropriate maps soon.. so the F16C would be the IDEAL Supplement to come along with the F18C...

Intel I7 - 10700 K @ 3,80GHz / 64 GB DDR3 / RTX 3090 / Win 10 Home 64 bit / Logitech X56 HOTAS / HP Reverb G2  

Running DCS on latest OB version 

And another point being.

With the F-18C and then the F-15E we need for a F-16C is significantly less.

As we will already have 2 Capable US Multirole aircraft with Aim-120s Targeting Pods all sorts of guided air-ground munitions etc from the 90s/late 80s.

So in that sense adding a earlier F-16A would be more interesting then adding the F-16C that is just doing the same things that the F-15E and F-18C are doing.

Where as the F-16A would be different in both capabilities and and cockpit design etc (not having the MFDs of the F-18C,F-15E while the F-16C would just be more of the same in that compartment)

To start with id say maby the priority should be on non US aircraft for a while since we are getting in a short period of time the F-18C,F-14A/B and F-15E.

(Ontop of the A-10C we already have and the F-15C of FC3 that makes for a pretty complete US rooster where as most others are pretty bare especially when it comes to fully modeled aircraft)

So while adding a F-16C might complete the roster it would not add anything new.

So pritority would probably to get some none US aircraft on the line primarily some eastern designs (Russian or Chinese)

or if they should make a F-16 then a F-16A would as i have already stated bring something different.