AV-8B Harrier Thread

Angelthunder

hi i just bought Harrier and i realized that my hud is missing vector velocity and no TDC designator on hud when i slew it any help plz?

Is your GEN switch set to ON?

Intel i5-8600k | EVGA RTX 3070 | Windows 10 | 32GB RAM @3600 MHz | 500 GB Samsung 850 SSD

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wooo that worked i replaced files thank you very much Shagrat
You're welcome! Glad it was just the hotfix.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Anyone tried AWLS on NTTR?

It doesn't seems to work here...

Some tried but it does not work: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=197967

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

Is or will the DCS Harrier capable of TER(Triple Ejector Rack) for Mavericks? I didn't see any mention of this in the Early Release Missing functions thread.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

Nope.

Oh no. Seriously? Any specific reason why not?

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

Not even the our GRs could carry more then one mav per pylon.

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

Absolutely loving the Harrier, gotta say though, my most anticipated feature is the Altitude Hold. Definitely been searching for a target in the TGP, looked up to the HUD and immediately flown into a hill on more than one occasion.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Absolutely loving the Harrier, gotta say though, my most anticipated feature is the Altitude Hold. Definitely been searching for a target in the TGP, looked up to the HUD and immediately flown into a hill on more than one occasion.

Trim! Check attitude. Look at the TGP for 4-5 Sec Max and check attitude again.

The lower, the shorter the time between attitude checks.

At least, that is the theory. ;)

I had my fair share of heads down incidents in basically all DCS aircraft.

We simply miss the peripheral vision and feeling the movement.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Trim! Check attitude. Look at the TGP for 4-5 Sec Max and check attitude again.

The lower, the shorter the time between attitude checks.

At least, that is the theory. ;)

I had my fair share of heads down incidents in basically all DCS aircraft.

We simply miss the peripheral vision and feeling the movement.

Oh yeah absolutely, but I'm used to being heads down for ages in the A-10C, I guess I've got into a bad habit!

The first reason is that the Maverick types carried by the Harrier (AGM-65E and F) cannot be loaded on LAU-88s.

Even if the aircraft used AGM-65D and H, LAU-88s (they are launchers, not ejector racks) are huge, heavy, and produce a lot of drag. The Harrier just isn't big enough. It's role and typical mission profile also necessitates light loadouts.

LAU-88s are very rarely used these days by any aircraft type.

• Like 1

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

Zeus isnt online for days. I think no update today for Harrier :)

PC: i7 9700K, 32 GB RAM, RTX 2080 SUPER, Tir 5, Hotas Warthog Throttle, VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Base with VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip, VKB-SIM T-RUDDER PEDALS MK.IV. Modules : NEVADA, F-5E, M-2000C, BF-109K4, A-10C, FC3, P-51D, MIG-21BIS, MI-8MTV2, F-86F, FW-190D9, UH-1H, L-39, MIG-15BIS, AJS37, SPITFIRE-MKIX, AV8BNA, PERSIAN GULF, F/A-18C HORNET, YAK-52, KA-50, F-14,SA342, C-101, F-16, JF-17, Supercarrier,I-16,MIG-19P, P-47D,A-10C_II

It´s updated to the 1.5.8 version I think. Did a quick fly and it seems so. TGP is the same as in stable version. Buggy but you can lase...

Thank you for info :thumbup:

PC: i7 9700K, 32 GB RAM, RTX 2080 SUPER, Tir 5, Hotas Warthog Throttle, VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Base with VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip, VKB-SIM T-RUDDER PEDALS MK.IV. Modules : NEVADA, F-5E, M-2000C, BF-109K4, A-10C, FC3, P-51D, MIG-21BIS, MI-8MTV2, F-86F, FW-190D9, UH-1H, L-39, MIG-15BIS, AJS37, SPITFIRE-MKIX, AV8BNA, PERSIAN GULF, F/A-18C HORNET, YAK-52, KA-50, F-14,SA342, C-101, F-16, JF-17, Supercarrier,I-16,MIG-19P, P-47D,A-10C_II

If only we had some cobras and Sea Stallions :thumbup:

You can create a nice fully operative road FOB like this.

jqvNYAI.jpg

6FEL3vE.jpg

SILxY3D.jpg

M2iv5Tj.jpg

V91oGq5.jpg

For this you need the Roadside FARP created by Pikey Look on his signature, he has a created a Roadside Farp. basically an actual FARP Texture change

the dificult part is to find a road with the lateral terran level enough so the FARP is not floating in the air. It is not working everywhere but it is working.

The FARP is fully operational if you place the appropiate vehicles.

You can also make it more realistic by using the VPC Airfield Equipment MOD to add "atrezzo"

I have created this one for a MP mision with my Squadron "Escuadron Cruz de San Andres" and it worked real nice for AV-8B and UH-1H.

I was in Art of the Kill D#@ it!!!!

If only we had some cobras and Sea Stallions
I spent ages Making a road base for a night mission we ran only problem I found = unable to get NVGs added as can't rearm. and in the ME menu you can't add them so had to scrap it and go for a carrier hahaha

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Water cooled i9-9900K | Maximus Code XI MB | RTX3090  | 64GB | HP Reverb G2