• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Zeus!!! :thumbup:

nice

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

Topic is AV-8B Harrier Thread

please stay on it

thanks

Yup, we had it coming. We not only derailed the thread, we re-railed it back to another sub-forum! You know, the one where we can discuss the real world.

And the new video, by RAZBAM, is awesome! Better get memorizing, so that we can perform the best we can on day-1!

DCS: MiG-23

[sIGPIC]

[/sIGPIC]

Make it happen, and take my money! :D

Is there an SME involved in this module or is it all second hand information? The reason I ask is there is a guy over on mudspike who is a retired Marine Harrier pilot. Might be worth getting his input if you don't already have a guy like that to lean on.

I posted this some weeks ago. Still no response that I recall.

Prowler, Zeus and any other RAZBAM staff, do you have any SME on board with supporting development on this wonderful bird. I am hoping you are able to duplicate the hover to climb flight...

Edited by Raven68

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

Do they know what SME is? (Subject Matter Expert)

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Folks, we have our 1st hand sources for the AV-8B NA. Don't worry.

• Like 1

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

sorry to inform you, but this is the internet. So everyone is en expert ;)

Sending while throwing money at the screen

'controlling' the Ka50 feels like a discussion with the Autopilot and trim system about the flight direction.

-AV-8B use BRU-70/A Digital Improved Triple Ejector Rack (DITER)? (only LJAM?)

-What ammunition will be used for the GAU-12 gun?

Edited by ALF7

Онлайн-MG:joystick:

"Страшнее Шилки зверя нет".

"ПИСДРУНС СС ПП".

"Носи ППК с молоду-любить будешь до старости".

"СА-Танки решают все!"

"- А мы, старшина, ни за первую и не за вторую… Мы – за третью. За эту… За как её?.. За Родину!"

__|77|________:::::: =}-

\~~~~~~~~~/~~~~~~~ NAVAL AVIATION FAN ~~~~~~~

-AV-8B use BRU-70/A Digital Improved Triple Ejector Rack (DITER)? (only LJAM?)

-What ammunition will be used for the GAU-12 gun?

- The DITER is employed with USMC and Spanish Navy for carry LJDAM-PGM ammunitions (I think is only suitable for use with PLUS version, not integrated in N/A)

- GAU-12 use TP-HEI-API ammunition

MainMenulogo.png.6e3b585a30c5c1ba684bc2d91f3e37f0.png

ACER Predator Orion 9000: W10H | Intel i9-7900X OC@4.5Ghz | 8x16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | Sapphire GTX1080TI | Intel 900P 480GB | Intel 600P 256GB | HP EX950 1TB | Seagate Firecuda 2TB

ACER Predator XB281HK: 28" TN G-SYNC 4K@60hz

ThrustMaster Warthog Hotas, TPR, MFD Cougar Pack, HP Reverb Pro

Fair enough Zeus. Thanks! :)

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

The lighting in both 1.5 and 2.1 don`t do this wonderful piece of work justice.

This looks amazing and i cant wait for the Early Access.

IAF.Tomer

My Rig:

Core i7 6700K + Corsair Hydro H100i GTX

Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7,G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3000Mhz

Gigabyte GTX 980 OC

Samsung 840EVO 250GB + 3xCrucial 275GB in RAID 0 (1500 MB/s)

Asus MG279Q | TM Warthog + Saitek Combat Pedals + TrackIR 5

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Made the links work... ;)

For those that missed the two startup videos:

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Both the N/A and PLUS were upgraded to color displays and had the number increased from one to two. The Day Attack and the TAV-8B (two seater trainer) have a single monochrome display.

yes , but i am just wondering what year were they upgraded with the LCD Colour displays though given the N/A was begin developed in the late 80s and the first ones did not enter service until 1991. pretty much of what we think of modern LCD color displays is what began appearing in late very late 90s to early 2000s. Not just consumer markets, but even looking back when military aviation assets begun swapping out CRT's for LCD through Mid life updates or such.

also the displays in question in the latest videos have changed from the look of the ones in the earlier test vidoes. look like SH block 2 DDI's , so its a 21st century update no?

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

yes , but i am just wondering what year were they upgraded with the LCD Colour displays though given the N/A was begin developed in the late 80s and the first ones did not enter service until 1991. pretty much of what we think of modern LCD color displays is what began appearing in late very late 90s to early 2000s. Not just consumer markets, but even looking back when military aviation assets begun swapping out CRT's for LCD through Mid life updates or such.

also the displays in question in the latest videos have changed from the look of the ones in the earlier test vidoes. look like SH block 2 DDI's , so its a 21st century update no?

The most complete NATOPS we have is dated 2001-09-15. The latest one publicly available is dated 2011-09-01. The last one detailed the changes to the MPCDs, which are basically the same ones used in the F-18C. Some minor changes to the MPCD menu and the HUD. All the rest basically remained the same.

The publicly available tactical manuals are dated 2002 and 1998 respectively. But all of these manuals, except for the 2011 one, refer to the Day Attack, Night Attack and Radar versions. By 2011 all remaining Day Attack were converted to Night Attack although without some features.

TAV-8B aircrafts remained in Day Attack configuration: single monochrome MPD, narrow view HUD, etc.

Converted Day Attack inherited the Night Attack left over MPCDs. But got part of the software update. So currently there are two Night Attack versions in use: the upgraded Night Attack and the converted Day Attack.

The Radar versions just received the MPCDs and software upgrades.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."