AV-8B Harrier Thread

Angelthunder

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ED Team

be patient guys, I havn't finished with it yet :)

Being serious now, ED and RAZBAM will give us plenty or warning before it is in early access so don't worry.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I belive in release today :)

PC: i7 9700K, 32 GB RAM, RTX 2080 SUPER, Tir 5, Hotas Warthog Throttle, VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Base with VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip, VKB-SIM T-RUDDER PEDALS MK.IV. Modules : NEVADA, F-5E, M-2000C, BF-109K4, A-10C, FC3, P-51D, MIG-21BIS, MI-8MTV2, F-86F, FW-190D9, UH-1H, L-39, MIG-15BIS, AJS37, SPITFIRE-MKIX, AV8BNA, PERSIAN GULF, F/A-18C HORNET, YAK-52, KA-50, F-14,SA342, C-101, F-16, JF-17, Supercarrier,I-16,MIG-19P, P-47D,A-10C_II

Can anyone explain the value of a pre-sale other than it allowing time for ED and/or 3rd party to polish whatever is needed to get it close to perfect? I say put it out there with the "regular" pricing and let them maximize their profits. The hardcore followers will get it regardless and those that are on the fence will likely get it during one of the many sales that ED has. :)

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

Can anyone explain the value of a pre-sale other than it allowing time for ED and/or 3rd party to polish whatever is needed to get it close to perfect? I say put it out there with the "regular" pricing and let them maximize their profits. The hardcore followers will get it regardless and those that are on the fence will likely get it during one of the many sales that ED has. :)

Presale in software is a way for the devs to get your money early without giving you anything back at that moment. Useful if the dev is short on money and the product is still not in a state that would justify release. Or "early access" in case of DCS. The extra time is rarely used for polishing, more often it's needed to make the software at least usable for the brave early customers and impatient kids (aren't we all ;) ).

Edited by some1

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

be patient guys, I havn't finished with it yet :)

Being serious now, ED and RAZBAM will give us plenty or warning before it is in early access so don't worry.

I hope that's what they've already been doing. This 'announce then release several weeks later' is a killer. Why not just release into early access, we've caught the hype train already.

• ED Team
I hope that's what they've already been doing. This 'announce then release several weeks later' is a killer. Why not just release into early access, we've caught the hype train already.

All modules go through internal testing with ED, RAZBAM have been pretty open about what is going on and I like that. The alternative is not to say anything at all, and then users get frustrated with lack of communication. Either way someone is never happy :)

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

All modules go through internal testing with ED, RAZBAM have been pretty open about what is going on and I like that. The alternative is not to say anything at all, and then users get frustrated with lack of communication. Either way someone is never happy :)
Just to say

I like the open communication :)

And i want al the new stuff verry badly,

Bud i can wait and i know it will come 1 day...

There are a lot off happy flying people, and i am sure one off them :)

Keep the open communication,

And the good work,

You got my support ;)

----------------------------------------------------------

i7 2600K oc 4.7g / asus gtx 1080 gaming x+ / 16gig ram / ssd 500gig / oculus rift / jetseat se / saitek rudder ((next upgrade)mfg crosswind) / logitech warthog hotas + 20cm extention

From today's newsletter:

DCS: AV-8B N/A Update

Testing of the AV-8B N/A is well underway and RAZBAM has been doing a great job of fixing bugs as they are identified by our internal and external test teams. Both Eagle Dynamics and RAZBAM are committed to releasing a quality Early Access product.

Unlike other DCS aircraft that relied on a three-point landing gear system (tricycle or tail dragger), the AV-8B N/A has a unique four-point landing gear system. As such, Eagle Dynamics has created a new landing gear system to support this aircraft. This and other items are being carefully tested.

Edited by grunf

From today's newsletter:

Pretty much the same from two weeks ago...right?:huh:

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

Pretty much the same from two weeks ago...right?:huh:
I thought it was interesting to hear about the four point landing system. Certainly not something I had considered.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

i7-7700K 4.2 GHz, Gigabyte GTX 980 4Gb, Asus Prime z270k, 16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600MHz, Plextor PCIe SSD 256Gb, Samsung EVO 750 SSD 500Gb, 9.5TB SATA incl 4TB Mirrored. Saitek X52-Pro

I agree, RAZBAM have been great at giving us info and progress pics, much more customer facing than some devs. It will be well worth the wait. :)

Well, looks like the aircraft is still on schedule.

Whatever the schedule is...

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

Release day?

We can't say.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

From today's newsletter:

damnit, i have to eat a broom.

btw is that only a german thing? "I eat a broom if..."

PC: i7 6700K - GTX980ti - ASUS Z170P D3 - 32GB DDR3 - Samsung 850Evo - 5TB HDD

Displays: BenQ RL2455HM - Acer Pred. XB241H - BenQ RL2455HM

Controller: Modded TM WH grip on VKB Glad.2PRO, TM WH Trottle, TM MFD`s,

Saitek Rudder, 3xArduino Mega+Leonardo for AV8B panels, TIR5,

Probably another couple of weeks to a month shouldn't be much longer. Never did a pre release sale anyway so it's not like we will have access to it right away. I'm glad they are finding bugs and squashing them.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

damnit, i have to eat a broom.

btw is that only a german thing? "I eat a broom if..."

No.... it's normally a hat or a sock...

on ma mobile

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45