Persian Gulf Map Discussion

Slipp

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posting it here because I think it's the best part of the forum to do so, but feel free to move the post if it doesn't belong here.

I found the TBS website, and while going through it I found the following: "As we develop additional theaters such as Afghanistan and the Ukraine/Crimea, we continue to update and add to these current theaters (such as the National Training Center)." A Syria map is also mentioned.

Is there any possibility that those terrain maps will be released for the general public? You can read more on the link below, also there are some Strait of Hormuz screenshots.

http://thebattlesim.com/theater_environment/

Edited by MadridSpotter
Wrong link.

• ED Team
Posting it here because I think it's the best part of the forum to do so, but feel free to move the post if it doesn't belong here.

I found the TBS website, and while going through it I found the following: "As we develop additional theaters such as Afghanistan and the Ukraine/Crimea, we continue to update and add to these current theaters (such as the National Training Center)." A Syria map is also mentioned.

Is there any possibility that those terrain maps will be released for the general public? You can read more on the link below, also there are some Strait of Hormuz screenshots.

http://thebattlesim.com/images/Mission_Editor-2.jpg

Those maps would have been made for others outside of DCS, it may not be possible to use them to sell within DCS, but really there is no info on them

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Oh man, I really looking forward to this map, my Hornet and the carrier dlc.

I love the NTTR map and hope, that I get my hands on the rebuilt Caucasus map, as well. But the middle east is so good for rebuilding real missions.

Now, we only need some Iranian gunboats and some other Iranian stuff (F-5E already here, F-14 WIP ... so, some Mirage III?), maybe an (S-75) SA-2 "Guideline".

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Oh we already have so much Iranian stuff we could use. F5E, F-14, MIG-29, SU-25, F4 (though the model could use an update), C130, IL76, CH47, Mi8. We practically have the whole of the IRIAF. We also have a lot of the equipment used by Bahrain, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, etc. Could make for some great real world missions.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Now, we only need some Iranian gunboats and some other Iranian stuff (F-5E already here, F-14 WIP ... so, some Mirage III?), maybe an (S-75) SA-2 "Guideline".

The SA-2 is already in EDs development pipeline and the Mirage III is beeing worked on by RAZBAM :)

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Where have you seen that info?

Chizh (one of the ED developers) confirmed this. See Silver Dragons answer for the links.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

Not sure about you guys, but SoH compared to NTTR and Normandy, it is WAAAY more interesting.

I agrre with you regarding NTTR, because of it's training characteristic. But I find Normandy and SoH appealing, because they both are actual combat scenarios, or can serve as such without much imagination needed.

Tornado3 small.jpg

I agrre with you regarding NTTR, because of it's training characteristic. But I find Normandy and SoH appealing, because they both are actual combat scenarios, or can serve as such without much imagination needed.

Yeah.. Normandy and SoH are going to be very nice. DCS NTTR is the best representation of Nevada I've ever seen in my life, but if you want a combat scenario, NTTR isn't the best option.

Will you be able to fly the F-15C?

Yes, if you buy the F-15C you're able to fly it of course, but what does it have to do with the map?

:doh:

My rig specs:

Intel Core i7 4770 @3.4Ghz // Corsair 16GB DDR3 // MoBo Asus Z87K // HDD 1TB 7200RPM // eVGA Nvidia GTX 760GT 2GB DDR5 // LG 3D 47" 1920x1080 // Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS // Saitek Combat Pro Pedals // Thrustmaster MFD Cougar pack // PS3 Eye + FTNOIR

Wasn't aware of that. Good stuff. Mig 21, F5, Sa2, A4, Huey, just need the Mig17, A6, Thud, F4, A1, A7/F8, Bird Dog, NVA AAA, several other old helos... and a Vietnam map. Man we're almost there, LOL.

Needless to say but as a founding member of a virtual Naval squadron, I'm chomping at the bit for SoH. I have the proposed map size and location plot it out on Google Earth. Been slowly building missions for a campaign once we have carriers the 18 Charlie and the map.

My only disappointment is that I wish they could have sliced it to include Moore Qatar and deeper into Iran and less UAE.

But that is a very minor disappointment I'm super excited for it it's going to make DCS feel like a whole new game after all these years on the Caucasus map. And all the water is on the bottom instead of the left. :-)

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Carrier Strike Group One | Discord

• 2 weeks later...

The pleasure of flying

I like to make patrols and see the view..... i have Nevada and Caucusus....i am waiting to see more beatifull maps from DCS.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

---- " In Peace.....Prepare to War "--------

Wishlist : F-4 Phantom / F-20 TigerShark / Su-34

Processor Core i7 4790, 32 Gb RAM, 2 Tb SSHD, GTX 750 2Gb, 1920X1080 Gaming Monitor, Senze Joypad, Windows 8.1 Pro 64Bit, VMware Workstation 12 for WindowsXP with Office 2007 and Linux OpenSUSE for Net Access.

• ED Team
I like to make patrols and see the view..... i have Nevada and Caucusus....i am waiting to see more beatifull maps from DCS.

Same for me, sometimes I just like to fly a patrol and look out of the window :)

• Like 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Wasn't aware of that. Good stuff. Mig 21, F5, Sa2, A4, Huey, just need the Mig17, A6, Thud, F4, A1, A7/F8, Bird Dog, NVA AAA, several other old helos... and a Vietnam map. Man we're almost there, LOL.

Needless to say but as a founding member of a virtual Naval squadron, I'm chomping at the bit for SoH. I have the proposed map size and location plot it out on Google Earth. Been slowly building missions for a campaign once we have carriers the 18 Charlie and the map.

My only disappointment is that I wish they could have sliced it to include Moore Qatar and deeper into Iran and less UAE.

But that is a very minor disappointment I'm super excited for it it's going to make DCS feel like a whole new game after all these years on the Caucasus map. And all the water is on the bottom instead of the left. :-)

same i wish the map was bigger to include Kuwait and parts of Saudi - Arabia & Iraq, so we could have Iran- Iraq war scnearios, Gulf war scenarios, and even Iraq war circa 2003.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD