Oculus Rift with DCS World Discussion

NineLine

I map my mouse buttons to x55 throttle rocker switch(down - left click, up - right click) works pretty well, then point with my head where I need to click. Although I do keep mouse enabled cause I still use it to navigate the \ menu and I like how this way the pointer disappears when not in use. The only inconvenience is that I have to bring the pointer back to the center of view when I finish using the mouse.

I mapped under UI left/right mouse to joystick, but in the game it doesn't work. Is there more to it?

Edited by SimFreak

I mapped under UI left/right mouse to joystick, but in the game it doesn't work. Is there more to it?

It is a little finicky, when first start one has to make sure to click kind of in middle of screen to first get it to show, after that should be ok.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

• 2 weeks later...

I need some advice. Currently I have a 2600k runing at 4,5ghz and a GTX1070. WHWhat can I expect from this combo with a CV1? I have the chance to buy one at a good price but I don't want to upgrade my pc.

Thank you

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

KG13 Control Grip Building

Control Stick and Rudder Design

i7 8700K, Asus Z370-E, 1080 Ti, 32Gb RAM, EVO960 500Gb, Oculus CV1

I need some advice. Currently I have a 2600k runing at 4,5ghz and a GTX1070. WHWhat can I expect from this combo with a CV1? I have the chance to buy one at a good price but I don't want to upgrade my pc.

Thank you

You should be fine, but make sure you have good RAM and run DCS from an SSD.

How is Oculus for flying the A-10C? Can you read the HUD or MFCD and see the TGP with good enough clarity?

I can no problem, as most seem to be able to, but some (small number) complain. It's almost like they haven't worked out that you can lean in a bit closer if you have to. Anyway, I can fight the A10C in VR without compromise.

How is Oculus for flying the A-10C? Can you read the HUD or MFCD and see the TGP with good enough clarity?

The default view, which is much more forward than a real pilot sits, makes it quite usable. You shouldn't have much problems, esp. if you already know the aircraft.

If you try to move the eyepoint to a realistic position though, things get complicated. The HUD becomes partially clipped and reading the small print on MFD requires leaning forward.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

The default view, which is much more forward than a real pilot sits, makes it quite usable. You shouldn't have much problems, esp. if you already know the aircraft.

If you try to move the eyepoint to a realistic position though, things get complicated. The HUD becomes partially clipped and reading the small print on MFD requires leaning forward.

I always fly from the correct eye position and readability is not an issue. Also, the HUD in the sim is accurate. In real life the pilots do in fact have to lean forward to see the entire HUD. Sorry to hear that you find leaning forward a bit, a bit 'complicated'.

• Like 1

Sommehow, idk why, the OR is absolutely clearest in the A10C. Much more than in the Viggen for comparison. Idk why.

Just make sure you crank up pixel render amount to 1.5 or more. Makes a world of difference.

Burnhard

Periferals - HP Reverb - Viper/Warthog grip on VPC WarBRD base - Virpil Mogoos T-50 Throttle - MFG Crosswind rudders - Gametrix KW 908 // HW - 7700k@4.8 - 32GB@3200 - RTX2080TI // DCS Favourites - AJS37 - SA342 - F-16C :thumbup:

Hi will an Nvidia GTX 970 run the rift reasonably well for DCS?

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

You should post your entire spec.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

You should post your entire spec.

NVIDIA GTX 970

Intel Core i7-3770k CPU

16GB DDR3 RAM

Win 10 64 bit.

:)

Edited by westr

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

Am I the only one who loves the Rift and VR in general but find it more difficult to play DCS seriously with it. Things like keyboard commands, 9 line briefs are a PITA to deal with with the Rift on. I think I'm going back to my TIR 5 and save the Rift for other VR games and less serious flying in DCS.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lian Li 011 Dynamic Evo, Core i9 11900K @ 5.0GHz, Corsair H150i CPU cooler, Asus Prime Z590-A, Radeon RX6800 XT64GB, Team T-Force Delta DDR4 3600, Corsair RM1000X PSU,  Win 11 x64

Am I the only one who loves the Rift and VR in general but find it more difficult to play DCS seriously with it. Things like keyboard commands, 9 line briefs are a PITA to deal with with the Rift on. I think I'm going back to my TIR 5 and save the Rift for other VR games and less serious flying in DCS.

The only drawbacks for me are the performance hit (especially in the alpha), harder to spot targets and the warmth of the rift after having it on for extended periods.

I used to use the TM MFD's, but find it very easy in VR to just grab the mouse (muscle memory) and click whatever is not bound to my hotas.

In fact I wish I could go back to using TiR so that I could fly BMS again. But last time I did so, it just didn't do it for me anymore. The positional 1:1 tracking and the feeling of being in the cockpit are just too good to go back.

Spoiler

W10-x64 | Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra | Core i7 9700K @ 4.8Ghz | Noctua NH-D15

Corsair 32Gb 3200 | MSI RTX 3080ti Gaming X

Asus Xonar AE | TM Hotas Warthog

MFG Crosswind pedals | Valve Index

No way could I got back to monitor and Track IR, loving my Rift too much.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

No way could I got back to monitor and Track IR, loving my Rift too much.

Me too! Had an issue with my rift in June and could not use it, tried going back to TR5. It is terrible after the freedom of VR.

System:Motherboard Asus ROG Strix Z390-E,Asus ROG GeForce RTX 2080Ti OC, GPU, 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 Ram, Intel i9 9900K @ 5 GHz , cooled by NZXT Kraken X52, Acer XB270HU G-Sinc monitor, Windows 10 Pro, Warthog joystick and throttle with wasy extension, VBK Gunfighter Pro and MCG Pro,MFG Rudder, running on a dedicated 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M2 Nvme , Super Wheel Stand Pro, with a HP Reverb G2

It's harder. I think a lot of us compensate with full hotas (that's a given) but also with a real kneeboard. You can jot things down peeking through the bridge of the nose. And finally giving commands through voiceattack/vaicom.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

If you fly helos (like i do most of the time) there is no going back. landing spot on becomes child play. I can now even fly backwards like i have done nothing else in my life.

Had to use screens + trackir again because i got stuck in a mission (not able to fly in smoke with vr). I crashed several times

You can check the "use mouse" in the UI layer, IIRC. The UI layer is in the drop down box in the control setup menu. The same drop down you use to pick which airplane you wan to modify (the controls). UI layer is at the bottom of that list.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

Hello everyone, I am a new user of Oculus Rift, and I'm looking for a good advice to configure this wonderful piece of art.

I'm change all the parameter, but it's seems that nothing happens, and I see the cockpits same as High resolution or VR (in DCS configurations).

Does anybody find the correct parameters in nvidia and in the DCS worlds?

Thanks in advance

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10900KF CPU @ 3.70GHz   3.70 GHz ROG STRIX Z490-E GAMING
RAM 128 M.2*2 2T total SSD*3 2.5T total
GeForce RTX 3090   Orion2 HOTAS F-16EX  Saitek Pro Rudder

Are you saying that when you click on the VR preset, it goes back to something else?

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

Are you saying that when you click on the VR preset, it goes back to something else?

No, I am trying to say if I click VR or HIGH preset, I dont see any difference. A few moments ago I tryed Oculus Tray Tool, and I cannot see difference at all, maybe I am not using all the settings in a proper way, for that reason I am asking for help, I think that there are a lot of pilots whose spend hours of hours (like me) and one of them catch the right configiguration.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10900KF CPU @ 3.70GHz   3.70 GHz ROG STRIX Z490-E GAMING
RAM 128 M.2*2 2T total SSD*3 2.5T total
GeForce RTX 3090   Orion2 HOTAS F-16EX  Saitek Pro Rudder