Main menu hangar

Einherjer

This is an overhaul of all warbirds vr scenes and ui music and screens , still in beta but will update as I go.  Install using ovgme and some mods have multiple music files that can be changed , eg germans have a battle ambience 3 hours long , erika , luftwaffe march and lily marlene , each can be changed by moving files.  Cheers. https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1wEyZT735UZYOWmqmHJ4gMWJCV2tj0tOs?usp=sharing

Just spent 30minutes in huey homescreen vr chilling listening to vietnam war sounds,  Hendrix,  stones , creedence and hueys flying overhead.... good times 🤩👌👍

base-menu-window2reduced.png

Ww2 mod samples 

base-menu-window.png

BackGround-jug.png

• Like 1

sig sm.png

walshtimothyWW2 virtual flier - currently playing on 4ya ww2 - youtube channel here

https://www.ww2adinfinitum.blog -  https://projectoverlord.co.uk/

• 7 months later...

Adding Weapons to aircraft in the VR Hanger

A10C SceneVR.jpg

Use Model Viewer to get weapons for your aircraft,

Model Viewer a10c2Shapes.jpg

Move the weapons onto the pylons by using the x,y,z co-ordinates, The top row of controls the position on the pylon, first box is moving the weapon along the pylon front to back, second box is distance from the ground up to the pylon, third box is the distance from the centreline of the aircraft to the pylon, minus(-) means right wing. The bottom row controls the rotation of the weapon and the angle of the weapon from front to back i.e -4 is 4 degrees angled down.

Model Viewer a10c2.jpg

Open your sceneVR lua file, save a copy then edit the file in Notepad++ adding the code below, save a copy to your desktop to replace everytime there is a DCS update

Model Viewer a10c2lua.jpg

Place the file back in your demoscenes folder and enjoy your aircraft with weapons in the hanger

VR Scene a10c2weapons1.jpg

You can save multiple weapons loadouts and chose a different one every time you fly a new campaign 

• Thanks 1

Asus Dark Hero X570, AMD 5800x Oc to 5ghz on 2 cores, RX6900XT Reference Oc to 2700mhz+MPT, All on Custom Water Loop, 3600 CL15 XMP, 2xCrucial P5P 1T M2, Hotas Warthog, Reverb G2,

Latest DCS Open Beta and VR only

A10CII and AH64D, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Marianas, Caucasus 

• 1 month later...

whats the proper model name for regular carrier and supercarrier?

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

well my efforts so far, empty carrier, sunset, a lone tomcat over the ramp

sceneVR.lua

the carrier textures render funny, only on one eye.

Edited by Ala12Rv-Tundra

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

Here you go, try this one, just change the file name to sceneVRsceneVR Tomcat Fighting Checkmates.lua

• Like 1

Asus Dark Hero X570, AMD 5800x Oc to 5ghz on 2 cores, RX6900XT Reference Oc to 2700mhz+MPT, All on Custom Water Loop, 3600 CL15 XMP, 2xCrucial P5P 1T M2, Hotas Warthog, Reverb G2,

1 hour ago, Ala12Rv-Tundra said:

whats the proper model name for regular carrier and supercarrier?

They are in 'c:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\CoreMods\tech\USS_Nimitz\Shapes'; one for each carrier: 'Nimitz_CVN_7x.lods'.

Pick a carrier and add the corresponding name: eg. 'Nimitz_CVN_72' for the Lincoln.

BTW if you have been using the old model name [eg: scene.stennis = sceneAPI:addModel("cvn74", 0, 0, 0);], you will now need to set the model position -1.09 lower, [eg: scene.stennis = sceneAPI:addModel("Nimitz_CVN_72", 0, -1.09, 0);  ]. This will fit the new model into the exact same height as the old model; otherwise the wheels of aircraft standing on the deck will be floating in the air.

• Like 1

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

1 hour ago, Captain Orso said:

They are in 'c:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\CoreMods\tech\USS_Nimitz\Shapes'; one for each carrier: 'Nimitz_CVN_7x.lods'.

Pick a carrier and add the corresponding name: eg. 'Nimitz_CVN_72' for the Lincoln.

BTW if you have been using the old model name [eg: scene.stennis = sceneAPI:addModel("cvn74", 0, 0, 0);], you will now need to set the model position -1.09 lower, [eg: scene.stennis = sceneAPI:addModel("Nimitz_CVN_72", 0, -1.09, 0);  ]. This will fit the new model into the exact same height as the old model; otherwise the wheels of aircraft standing on the deck will be floating in the air.

I will check later although I might choose the regular Stennis carrier for the sake of performance. 

And fighting for hook and flaps down lol, arguments 9,10 and 25 seem to ignore me

There is no "regular Stennis". The old Stennis model was replaced with Nimitz_CVN_74. Take it or leave it.

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

• 5 weeks later...
6 hours ago, RuskyV said:

Can anyone tell me if there is a way i can turn off the VR background and just have it black?

• Like 1

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

• 2 months later...

Thanks for all the work with this guys.  Has anyone tried adding the animated ground personnel statics for ambiance with the hangar or carrier deck ? Will the animations of them standing around play out ?

really wish there was a large template with all the avail commands explained

also when adding the fuel tanks to the F-16 it’s not loading the painted tanks with the custom livery.  Anyone know a fix for that ? 

thanks again. 

• 3 weeks later...

can someone please enlighten me on how transform:setOrient(i,j,k) is supposed to work??

I have a custom VR garage with an F14 at the back, set at 90deg to me (so parallel to the menu screen). However for the wheels to touch the ground the plane needs to be angled down a bit.

If I use transform:setOrient(-10,-90,0) I get EXACTLY the same configuration as transform:setOrient(0,-90,-10), where the plane leans on its side.

I couldn't also get transform:rotate to work.

I don't want to play with extending the shock absorbers, they should be in the parking position

Any idea?

Thanks

The angle you are setting is relative to the world and not the object you are manipulating.

So if changing the x-axis to -10 causes the nose of the F-14 to go down, if you turn the F-14 90° to either side, instead of the nose going down. the wing now pointing in the direction the nose was previously pointing, will now be dipped the same amount and previously the nose, and the nose will now be level to the ground again.

Those are the principles of manipulating the attitudes an aircraft. They make it exceedingly difficult to arrange any airframe, which doesn't rest with its fuselage absolutely parallel to the ground. I know, I created a scene with P-51's parked on one side of the hanger, situated with their noses at a 45° angle to the hanger exit. It took me hours to understand what I described above, and then adjust the airframes correctly.

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler

Does anyone know how to remove or where to find the textures for the "ukrytie" ? 

default load is 

scene.sh		= sceneAPI:addModel("ukrytie", 0,0,0);

There are Two Signs on the back wall all in russian .  Wanted to replace them with a squadron logo or something else.  Cant find where the textures for that Ukrytie Hangar are with the interior.  Unless anyone knows of a different hangar interior that looks better.

Thanks

Shrike

1 hour ago, Captain Orso said:

The angle you are setting is relative to the world and not the object you are manipulating.

So if changing the x-axis to -10 causes the nose of the F-14 to go down, if you turn the F-14 90° to either side, instead of the nose going down. the wing now pointing in the direction the nose was previously pointing, will now be dipped the same amount and previously the nose, and the nose will now be level to the ground again.

Those are the principles of manipulating the attitudes an aircraft. They make it exceedingly difficult to arrange any airframe, which doesn't rest with its fuselage absolutely parallel to the ground. I know, I created a scene with P-51's parked on one side of the hanger, situated with their noses at a 45° angle to the hanger exit. It took me hours to understand what I described above, and then adjust the airframes correctly.

Thanks, that's useful to know. However I still don't understand how's it possible that setOrient(-10,-90,0) produces the the same result as setOrient(0,-90,-10). Any ideas?

Here are some notes I found in some of my sceneVR-lua's:

-- -- scene.<variable>:setLivery(<LIVERY>,<LIVERY FOLDER>);
    -- scene.m:setLivery("485th FS", "P-51D");
    -- scene.m1.transform:rotate(0.0,0.0,11.6) -- do not use if at all possible
    -- Use These!!
    -- scene.mX.transform:setOrient(0, 0, 12.5); -- [Role],[Yaw >0 CClockwise from above],[Pitch in ° >0 Up
    -- scene.mX.transform:setOrient(0, 0, 12.5); -- Nose Facing Front
    -- scene.mX.transform:setOrient(12.5, 45, 17.75); -- Nose Turned Counter Clockwise 45!
    -- scene.mX.transform:setOrient(-12.5, -45, 17.75); -- Nose Turned Clockwise 45!

The double dashes as the first non-space characters in each line denotes them as comments.

Check and see if your codes are not actually

setOrient(-10,-90,0)

and 

setOrient(0,90,-10) -- no minus before the 90.

Edited by Captain Orso
added info
  • Thanks 1

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler

• 1 month later...

For unstable v2.8.1 (at least) the model object 'cvn74' isn't available and crashes. I've tried many variants and even 'Stennis' which will run, but no carrier is visible. Anyone know what model name to use? 'vinson' loads a carrier, but not the intended one.

This one works for me in 2.8

scene.flr = sceneAPI:addModel("nimitz_cvn_74", -60.130, -20.150, 2.300); -- Ship Position

• Thanks 1

Note , I noticed the sim runs better when the hangar model is set to nothing , anything you add in the hangar seems to drain resources as it will be there when you check f10 map so I did one of these dark and void , I'm in vr so every little helps lol 😆 

sig sm.png

walshtimothyWW2 virtual flier - currently playing on 4ya ww2 - youtube channel here

https://www.ww2adinfinitum.blog -  https://projectoverlord.co.uk/