**Viggen Release Information (27th)**

Cobra847

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You should have gotten an email from SendOwl Downloads which contains your serial number. In you profile page on www.digitalcombatsimulator.com, paste the serial in the license check box, and then bind the serial to your account.

attachment.php?attachmentid=155757&stc=1&d=1485460170

Thank you very much!

~C. Wyatt

I fly anything that without engine(s), it falls like a brick... and well everything else will too.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

When did you finish the purchase? It should be fairly quick barring any internet related issues.

Have you searched through your spam folder? Some people reported that the email ended up there.

I bought it last week. I got an email from Heatblur with my order # and my paypal receipt, but beside that nothing. I also checked my spam folder! Dang!

• ED Team
What a wonderful community this is, right Sith?

It is a wonderful community, hey look, we are all excited about the Viggen, heck after that live stream on the weekend, I am super pumped for it to. But it comes down to this. DCS is a very complex piece of software, we see it every update that things can go wrong, even with all the internal testing is done, its just not comparable with a release to the public, you cant cover all the variables with testers. SO we have open beta. It will release there, if nothing major happens, and the game remains stable, then I am sure it will move to the stable release shortly after, its just a necessary step in release.

So everyone on both sides, be cool. We all want the same thing, we all want an exciting new aircraft from a quality developer like LN. We just have to make sure we try not to force it through the door. You guys that are ok with OB... be cool too. Not everyone is comfortable with OB, so have some compassion for them as well. Lets not trash anyone, ok guys.

We will get there.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

it's really ridiculous.

Some players who complain about early access version not entering stable release are also those who complain about the bugs.

If you want to try early access, please install openbeta, if you don't want to install openbeta, then keep patient and wait for the completion of the module. It's normal procedures of software release

That's all.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

2,04. is also an open beta.....

Will the Viggen tomorrow work on 2.04 or not?

Mainboard: ASUS Maximus X Hero Intel Z 370

CPU: Intel Core i7-8086K @ 4.0 GHz

Memory: 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4-3000

Graphics Card: ASUS NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 10GB

Monitor ASUS PA 329 32" @ 4K

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 256 GB

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 4 TB

Windows 10 - 64 V. 2004

CH Pro combatstick, throttle and pedals

• ED Team

2.0.4 is open alpha early access

and it is unlikely

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

now both are early access, no longer named as openbeta/openalpha

Normally, ED updates only one branch at one time. :(

So I'm afraid not

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

ED very rarely, if ever, updates both 1.5 and 2.0 on the same day. So no, almost certainly it won't be available in 2.0 tomorrow.

btw, it's open alpha. :)

Geez.. I had to install the 1.5 ONLY for the spit, now I have to install the

1.5.6 Open Beta ONLY for the Viggen....

And for all the other planes I use of course 2.04 which runs far smoother and

it is indeed far nicer......

Windows 10 - 64 V. 2004

Won't be flying before Sunday anyway. Experience has shown that the ED update servers and torrenting are even worse than the Microsoft Windows Update servers and it's practically impossible to get an update downloaded completely on patch day and on most occasions it isn't any better the day after rdlaugh.png

Anyway I have other things to do so I don't actually care this time dealwithit.png

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

• ED Team
Geez.. I had to install the 1.5 ONLY for the spit, now I have to install the

1.5.6 Open Beta ONLY for the Viggen....

And for all the other planes I use of course 2.04 which runs far smoother and

it is indeed far nicer......

1.5 is the release branch so it will always happen that way either release or beta.

remember that and you will do fine.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

For the n-th time: you do not need to install anything new. The 1.5 you already have can be updated to the open beta version.

Well, thanks.... But how do I do that?

And will the spit run on 1.5.6 beta?

Windows 10 - 64 V. 2004

Let's call it quits on the topic of the release on the beta/stable version.

ED has the beta server to test new patches before putting them into the stable version of the game and the patch with which the viggen arrives will be no exception. Shame they didn't warn us earlier but it is what it is.

The only thing I don't understand is why don't people just play on the open beta instead of the stable, since you get all the patches early and then it's the same as stable after the patch is released. Except bugs that can occur but we are used to that since 1.2.

You do what you can for as long as you can, and when you finally can't, you do the next best thing. You back up but you don't give up. — Chuck Yeager

Thanks LN, looking forward to it, personally I can't see what the surprise was. EVERY module has been released to the Beta version first, so it was pretty obvious it would happen with the Viggen.

Hell to be fair the Beta version is that good and stable anyway it's the only version I have installed apart from 2.0 of course.

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

Let's call it quits on the topic of the release on the beta/stable version.

ED has the beta server to test new patches before putting them into the stable version of the game and the patch with which the viggen arrives will be no exception. Shame they didn't warn us earlier but it is what it is.

The only thing I don't understand is why don't people just play on the open beta instead of the stable, since you get all the patches early and then it's the same as stable after the patch is released. Except bugs that can occur but we are used to that since 1.2.

For me the Reason is MP.

I tend to play mostly MP and the servers i play on Tend to stay on the Stable version (with some exceptions).

So when i used the Open Beta Client and it got an update i would no longer get onto those servers for a week

(and sometimes more) until the Stable was updated to that same version.

Luckily that wont be an Issue in this case as the 104th atleast has stated they will be Updating to 1.5.6 tomorrow

(to support the AJS and give Viggen pilots somewhere to Fly on MP).

I currently have Separate clients anyway so (Open Beta and Stable) but will probably be playing just the Open Beta after the AJS 37 is released =)

(Since there will be MP servers Supporting it).