**Viggen Release Information (27th)**

Cobra847

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LN you guys rock! You guys have my absolute respect for creating this outstanding module. Releasing it in 1.5.6. Beta is no problem at all. That gives us just enough time to train managing all those weapons and systems to perfection until it goes live on stabile release. :thumbup:

We were fooled again boys... Already 3 minutes past midnight but still no Viggen.. Lied to again... This is no 27th of January release.. What a shame

Obvious troll is obvious.

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

We were fooled again boys... Already 3 minutes past midnight but still no Viggen.. Lied to again... This is no 27th of January release.. What a shame

Obvious troll is obvious.

I'm also sitting here like

giphy.gif

Modules: Well... all of 'em

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VIII Hero | CPU: i7-6700K @ 4.6GHz | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengance LPX DDR4 | GPU: GTX TITAN X (Maxwell) | SSD1: 256GB NVMe SSD System | SSD2: 250GB Games | HDD 4TB WD Red

Curse you international time differences!!! *shakes fist* :P

It's already 11hrs into the 27th here! This is so going to release while I am at work and I'll come home to all you blokes posting Viggen stuff lol

Plus it was Aussie day public holiday on the 26th, would have been nice to play with my shiny new toy for the long weekend.:)

Stop teasing me with all the video's, the only thing that was missing was the countdown timer on the sales page. :lol:

attachment.php?attachmentid=155768&stc=1&d=1485476515

countdown_timer.jpg.a1f4fc195902bb20978618db48e5256a.jpg

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

Yeah I do prefer Open Conflict since it blends the feeling of PVP with PVE and it's not as much of a deathmatch as 104th is. But to each his own.

You do what you can for as long as you can, and when you finally can't, you do the next best thing. You back up but you don't give up. — Chuck Yeager

I stumbled into this thread this evening and painstakingly read thru 18 pages, and then had to leap to the last page (at the moment). I had hit my fill.

It just goes to backing up that statement that some have a half-empty glass and some have a half-full glass. It's always been this way and apparently always will be.

• Like 1

Win 10 64 bit

Intel I-7 7700K

32GB Ram

Nvidia Geforce GTX 1060 6gig

Reasonable person: Open Beta install, eh? Huh. I suppose there are good reasons for that...but, hey, compared to the challenges of DCS itself, managing a Beta install is simple and fast! Oh, my HDD is full? Kinda sucks...Damn, well, I'll just train more on one the full squadron of aircraft available in DCS until stable release. No problem!

Seriously, getting software to work on your system used to be a point of pride for PC users. Some of these complaints have the bitter, salty flavor of entitled console gamers who love finding something about the developer and/or publisher to overreact to.

Come on. You'll have your Viggen tomorrow, some minor tweaks which should be well within the technical abilities of any DCS simmer, may be needed, but you'll be slinging Swedish meatballs downrange anyway.

I doubt anyone in LNS or ED (or any dev for that matter) are wringing their hands trying to inconvenience their customers.

Have patience when the people who create our favorite products follow a different path than expected. I'm sure they'd love to have had this stuff out by now and running smoothly.

I'll still wait anxiously to pre-order that Tomcat and especially the Corsair!

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Zilch79's YouTube Channel:

I for one am glad ED is utilizing their beta branch for a large release. Too many times now campaigns have (and they still are somewhat) been broken on the release version.

So, I say good on you ED and LN. If people want to run the beta branch to help test before it comes to those of us on release, good, you help find bugs before the rest of us get the update.

5900X - 32 GB 3600 RAM - 1080TI

My Twitch Channel

~Moo

This is the image that line generated in my mind... I could not resist sharing.

1ifrom.jpg

e39.png

really only in beta version 9 as (1.5 beta version)?

what about 2.0 alpha? i really dont want to download a 3rd instance of DCS for 1 aircraft.

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

what about 2.0 alpha? i really dont want to download a 3rd instance of DCS for 1 aircraft.

latest?cb=20160601234954

I mean, are you? Then what are these hundreds of postings in this thread are about? Maybe we need 1-2 hundreds more ....

(pic)

I'll just leave this here...Man, Command Prompt has to be the best DCS module ever! :smartass:

Type: dcs_updater.exe update <version>@Branch (ie DCS_updater.exe update 1.5.1@openbeta, DCS_updater.exe update 2.0.0@openalpha )

DCS_updater.exe update @release

DCS_updater.exe update @openbeta

DCS_updater.exe update @openalpha

Eligible Values are:

release | Switches and Updates to the Latest Release Build

openbeta | Switches and Updates to the Latest Open Beta Build

openalpha | Switches and Updates to the Latest Open Alpha Build

Lord of Salt

So tomorrow morning I'm getting Internet connected in our new house for the first time in two months, and I own both the Spit and Viggen. Which to try first? Now THAT'S a real problem ;)

| Windows 10 | I7 4790K @ 4.4ghz | Asus PG348Q | Asus Strix 1080TI | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 2400 DDR3 | Asrock Fatal1ty Z97 | Samsung EVO 850 500GB (x2) | SanDisk 240GB Extreme Pro | Coolermaster Vanguard S 650Watt 80+ | Fractal Design R4 | VirPil T-50 | MFG Crosswind Graphite | KW-908 JetSeat Sim Edition | TrackIR 5 |

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team
So tomorrow morning I'm getting Internet connected in our new house for the first time in two months, and I own both the Spit and Viggen. Which to try first? Now THAT'S a real problem ;)

It's easy. Because you're in Viggen thread so it must be this plane.:music_whistling:;)

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, GeForce RTX 2080Ti, 32 GB DRAM, HOTAS TM Warthog, FSSB R3 Lighting, MFG Crosswind, Win 10 Pro

It's easy. Because you're in Viggen thread so it must be this plane.:music_whistling:;)

Wise words. However I spent the last month practicing takeoff/landings in the 109... I guess I have no excuse for botching a flareless carefree landing in the Viggen then ;)

| Windows 10 | I7 4790K @ 4.4ghz | Asus PG348Q | Asus Strix 1080TI | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 2400 DDR3 | Asrock Fatal1ty Z97 | Samsung EVO 850 500GB (x2) | SanDisk 240GB Extreme Pro | Coolermaster Vanguard S 650Watt 80+ | Fractal Design R4 | VirPil T-50 | MFG Crosswind Graphite | KW-908 JetSeat Sim Edition | TrackIR 5 |

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wise words. However I spent the last month practicing takeoff/landings in the 109... I guess I have no excuse for botching a flareless carefree landing in the Viggen then ;)

Lol Vitormouraa

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]