DCS World 2.5 Open Beta - Now Available!

Wags

Perfect!... and its 20GB for me. I am only a couple of modules shy from everything.

who asked about the options.lua? I just deleted both for 2.2OA and 1.5OB

Thanks to the Entire Hard working ED Team. Nice Milestone.

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15% of 14Gb for me in 20 mins. I guess another couple of hours yet!

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Already flying around in 2.5. Again, thanks ED for this stunning milestone! :thumbup:

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Torrenting 50 GB. I have only 15 GB left on my download folder on C:drive. It never checked for the 500GB E:drive. I am assuming it will crash when it runs out of space.

We'll see.:(

Edit: I don't care, really. If I have to uninstall everything (with deactivating everything) I will do it. I am just so happy that it's here now! Thanks, ED!

Yup. Crashed. Have to move OB to the bigger drive. Not sure if this will work.

Edit: Copied OB to the big drive. (E:) with Program Files, Eagle Dynamics, and Open Beta. Renamed C: same. Edited Start Menu links to change C: to F: Then ran the updater which copied D: OA over to E: then CHECKED the downloaded torrents I already got (about 11GB) then is now proceeding to finish the update! OMG, This is working!

Edited by =Mac=
added edit

The Hornet is best at killing things on the ground. Now, if we could just get a GAU-8 in the nose next to the AN/APG-65, a titanium tub around the pilot, and a couple of J-58 engines in the tail...

I'm not sure if you can convert 2.2 OA to 2.5 OB. Have you tried to run the updater with DCS_Updater.exe update @openbeta? Or if that doesn't work, try DCS_Updater.exe update 2.5.0@openbeta and maybe that works. Please let us know!

Will try that, thanks.

5e Escadre Virtuelle du Canada / 5 Virtual Wing of Canada

Intel i9-9900KF - 8 Cores/16 Threads - 3,6/5,0GHZ / 48GB RAM / Crucial P3 Plus 2TB 3D NAND NVMe M.2 SSD / Crucial P5 1TB 3D NAND NVMe Internal SSD / WD Gold 2TB Enterprise Class HDD / NVIDIA RTX 3090 / HP Reverb G2 / HOTAS Warthog / F/A-18C Hornet HOTAS ADD-ON Grip / WINWING Super Taurus Throttle / Saitek PRO Flight Combat Rudder Pedals / Win 10 Pro

Modules owned: P-51D, F-86F, A-10C, M-2000C, F-5E, F-15C, F/A-18C, F-16C

Maps: NTTR, Persian Gulf, Syria.

Already downloaded, the latter download slowed down, now unpacking…

Eagerly awaiting for the first impression :D .

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

Already flying around in 2.5. Again, thanks ED for this stunning milestone! :thumbup:

Wow how did you do that?

For me the download is 20 GB and I started a few hours ago but I am still only at 83%

I have a high speed internet connection but the download speed averages at 2 to 3 MB/sec.

i9 13900KS  (H150i), RTX 4090, 64 GB RAM @ 6000 MHz CL30, TM Warthog HOTAS + MFD's, MFG Crosswind, LG 48GQ900, Valve Index VR, TrackIR 5, Win11 Pro x64

Wow how did you do that?

For me the download is 20 GB and I started a few hours ago but I am still only at 83%

I have a high speed internet connection but the download speed averages at 2 to 3 MB/sec.

I have max around 6MB/s, but it sits below 1MB/s for most of the time.

You are still lucky :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Deedle, deedle!

Thanks a lot, ED!!!

i7-8700K, Z370, 32GB DDR4-3000MHz, RTX 2080 Ti, FSSB R3L, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pro pedals, 2x MFD's, Windows 10 Pro, HP Reverb

DCS: F-16C, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-15C, AV-8B, M2000C, F-5E, A-10C, AJS-37, Su-27, Su-33, MiG-21bis, MiG-29, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 K-4, SA342, UH-1H

The dialog says if I press Cancel it will switch to HTTP download.

Is this faster than the Torrent?

Not that I will do that as I like to help others also downloading.

But I am curious. :book:

i9 13900KS  (H150i), RTX 4090, 64 GB RAM @ 6000 MHz CL30, TM Warthog HOTAS + MFD's, MFG Crosswind, LG 48GQ900, Valve Index VR, TrackIR 5, Win11 Pro x64

The dialog says if I press Cancel it will switch to HTTP download.

Is this faster than the Torrent?

Not that I will do that as I like to help others also downloading.

But I am curious. :book:

Bear in mind it will obliterate whatever is already downloaded and start over again.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

Bear in mind it will obliterate whatever is already downloaded and start over again.

S!

NO I DON'T WANT THAT :pilotfly:

I had the same thing, do you have your 1.5.8 and 2.2 installs on separate drives by any chance?

Nah they're on the same 256Gb External SSD. Seeing some people talk about 50+ gig updates I think it simply didn't show anything being transferred, as my download is only 44 gigs. I've been waiting long enough that I can wait an extra couple hours :thumbup: Interesting though how some people have such small downloads compared to others...

Edited by Nightwolf

"Fighter pilots have ice in their veins. They don't have emotions. They think, anticipate. They know that fear and other concerns cloud your mind from what's going on and what you should be involved in." -Buzz Aldrin