How far to "Feature Complete?"

Rhinozherous

Anyone can say how much of the planned features are at least usable? I am considering flying the Harrier, but I want to wait till at least the most of important features are in.

Thank you!

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

How far to "Feature Complete?"

IMHO the Harrier is already very useable. In terms of features/updates here is what is missing that I consider critical to flying a decent mission in it:

-INS simulation

-Weapons updates (including JDAMS, maybe APKWS if they can make them, AGM65E, and advanced weapons deployment settings)

-The ability to input waypoints in the aircraft

-misc bug fixes and feature corrections

That’s seriously it. You could chalk up sounds, but there is already a fantastic sound mod that fixes some of the placeholder sounds. Everything else the aircraft needs is more study simulation stuff that will make it more interesting, but not needed to enjoy flying it.

*edit* don’t let the naysayers convince you, the mirage has hardly anything left to work on, there are just lots of people that want to bring razbam down for some reason when they are bringing amazing modules, easily one of the top tier devs alongside BST, Heatblur, Leatherneck before everyone decided they hate them all of a sudden, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by phantomknight321

Rig Specs: i7 8700k @ 5ghz, ROG Strix z390e, 32GB DDR4 3200mhz, EVGA FTW3 1080 ti, Corsair rm750, Cooler Master ml240l RGB, Cooler Master h500p mesh

Thank you, this sounds good! I think I will soon get it.

I like the mirage very much, and I think it is very disapointing if anyone is "naysaying" as you mentioned. If you dont like it or not sure, dont buy it immediatly. Wait and see for reviews, there are tons on YouTube, if you dont like it just dont fly it.

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

personally, this is my favorite module of them all. an absolute blast to fly and full of high-tech gear, but not overwhelming. 10/10 A+

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules

Harrier is my favorite, ATM, and the inspiration for my pit build. Me luv long time. Most the big stuff is in, AFAIK, they're mostly in the wrap up stage.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

Harrier is great fun as is...

That said, to answer your question "feature complete" could take quite awhile since there can always be some programming difficulties. Also, I think they need to wait for ED to finish up some of their work for inclusion in the Harrier.

If it is finished in the next two or three months I would be surprised, by the end of the year could be possible.

My two pennies. :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

I’ll agree with the consensus so far. There are a lot of buttons and switches that aren’t yet implemented or are half functional, but most of those fall into the “full study sim” column. As a flyable aircraft, as in takeoff-navigate-land, it feels quite mature.

I’m a big fan of DCS primarily for the excellent simulation of flight physics and Harrier is one of the most aerodynamically interesting modules on the platform, nearly equal to the Black Shark imo. (This is also a reason I’m super hyped about the Tomcat and not so much the Hornet.) The Harrier is a pure joy to learn to fly and I think RAZBAM is on the right track to completing a must-have module.

i7 7700K @5.0, 1080Ti, 32GB DDR4, HMD Odyssey, TM WH, Crosswind Rudder...

The Harrier is not planned to be a "full study sim?"

PC: ASROCK Z370 Gaming K6 | Intel i7 8700K | GeForce 2080TI | 32GB GeSkill 3200 RAM | GeForce 2080TI | 500GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 | 1TB Samsung 860 EVO M.2

FLIGHT STUFF: Rift S | Warthog Base | Virpil Base | Hornet Grip | A-10 Grip | Cougar Grip | Virpil F-14 Grip | Cougar MFD's | A-10C UFC | Saitek Flight Panels | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

That’s seriously it. You could chalk up sounds, but there is already a fantastic sound mod that fixes some of the placeholder sounds. Everything else the aircraft needs is more study simulation stuff that will make it more interesting, but not needed to enjoy flying it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What is this mod you speak of ? Does this make the silent RWR work ?

Just a question.

Edited by Bloodhound57

PC: ASROCK Z370 Gaming K6 | Intel i7 8700K | GeForce 2080TI | 32GB GeSkill 3200 RAM | GeForce 2080TI | 500GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 | 1TB Samsung 860 EVO M.2

FLIGHT STUFF: Rift S | Warthog Base | Virpil Base | Hornet Grip | A-10 Grip | Cougar Grip | Virpil F-14 Grip | Cougar MFD's | A-10C UFC | Saitek Flight Panels | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

Just a question.

Ah. I'm under the impression their intention is to make the Harrier as complete as possible. Standard omissions such as IFF apply, of course.

i7 7700K @5.0, 1080Ti, 32GB DDR4, HMD Odyssey, TM WH, Crosswind Rudder...

Are Mavericks not working at the moment? I heard it on a youtube video.. but I bought the harrier today and wanted to start tomorrow with training, for sure also with mavs. :-P

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

Are Mavericks not working at the moment?

Mavericks aren't working in 2.5.1 Open Beta - Sensor Select Forward to switch to the Maverick camera fails to work.

It was working in 2.5.0 and so is expected to be fixed in the next patch.

Found the bug.

As usual it is a small thing but it prevents the pilot from enabling the IRMAV sensor.

It will be fixed on the next release.

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

bumping this

The linked sound mod seems peculiar to me, because in the A1-AV8BB-NFM-000 manual you can run a search for voice warning, and there are many mentions throughout, say for WATER WATER, or MANUAL FUEL, etc and the aforementioned mod has a set of mostly tones, whilst I'm not saying these are necessarily incorrect; (if the tones do exist aboard the AV-8B) they're most likely accompanied with the relevant voice warning.

As for dates on completeness, these as I'm sure most will appreciate would be fluid; programming something as complex as this is rarely plain sailing (flying?) You could look to their known bug list for perhaps a crude/approximate indication.

Edited by ouPhrontis
Poor wording.

NATO - BF callsign: BLACKRAIN

2x X5675 hexacore CPUs for 24 cores | 72GB DDR3 ECC RAM 3 channel | GTX 1050Ti | 500GB SSD on PCIe lane | CH Products HOTAS | TrackIR5 | Win 7 64

In my experience; only Master Caution has worked.

Maneuver tones hasnt worked despite claim that it has been placed in (albeit placeholders) two patches ago.

RWR also has not worked.

I am curious about the said sound mod in the hopes that it can at least make the maneuver tone and RWR work.

I would certainly recommend the Harrier as a airframe in DCS, its one of, if not my fav airframe in the sim. I come from a A10C background and this, while doesnt carry as much ordenance certainly can pack a punch with SideArms, GBU-12s and Mavs.

Defo worth a buy IMPO

Cheers Specter

Custom built W10 Pro 64Bit, Intel Core i9 9900k, Asus ROG Maximus Code XI Z390, 64GB DDR4 3200 RGB, Samsung 1TB NVme M.2 Drive, Gigabyte AORUS 2080TI, 40" Iiyama Display. Wacom Cintiq Pro 24, HOTAS Virpil T50 Stick / FA-18C TM Stick and Virpil T50 Throttle, MFG Crosswind Graphite Pedals. HP Reverb

SPECTER

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lead Terrain Developer / Texture Artist

I'm very interested in the av-8b for its VTOL capabilities, I'm Just waiting for It to Be more feature complete (and maybe for a sale). Since I'm italian, I'm also interested in a plane Italy navy uses (now being replaced by f-35). But italian version is av-8b plus, so my question: does Razbam Plan to add radar - maybe based on f/a 18's when Will Be available - to upgrade n/a to plus, or will the av-8b always Be n/a variant?

Edited by nessuno0505