Release Date Speculation Thread

crab

I don't remember who of the half dozen of Youtubers with a pre release copy it was but one of them advertised he is doing a livestream with Wags this Weekend so I wouldn't expect a release before :music_whistling:

That would be Crash Laobi channel here.

T.16000m HOTAS + Pedals || TrackIR5 ||

Win10 64bit || 120+500GB SSD, 1TB HDD || i5 4440 @3.3GHz || 16GB RAM @ 1600MHz || GTX1070 G1 ||

FCIII, L39ZA, AJS-37, Normandy '44, Persian Gulf, Channel

F/A-18C, Bf-109 K-4, WW2 Asset Pack, CA, P-47, F-16

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thx for the reminder :thumbup:

i9 9900K @ 5,0GHz | 1080GTX | 32GB RAM | 256GB, 512GB & 1TB Samsung SSDs | TIR5 w/ Track Clip | Virpil T-50 Stick with extension + Warthog Throttle | MFG Crosswind pedals | Gametrix 908 Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Panther mi lady...long time, I still recall flying the DCS Hawg with you with the old 25/1st vfw years ago.

I trust all is well.

Ah the days when I didn’t know anything about the hawg. I’m doing well, I hope all is well and you have a speedy recovery.

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

I'm beginning to think ED is really a secret gov agency experimenting with different torture techniques involving unknown, yet tantalizingly close release dates. :lol:

Shhh, tell noone else.

When the 'visitors' come to your door, just let them in and comply peacefully...

Win10, MSI Z370, 32GB DDR4, GTX 1080Ti, TM HOTAS, Oculus Rift

Yes, you can feel the sun on your skin... over Vegas with mirrors on. (PD1.8, MSAA 2X)

Crash Laobi is a very funny guy but will probably be on his best behavior for any live stream with Wags (hopefully not though).

Regarding the release, my bet is on an official announcement this Friday/ weekend for release of the Hornet on Wednesday 23 May, followed by release of the Persian Gulf map on Wednesday 30 May.

Rationale:

• A Wednesday release for both ensures the maximum number of ED staff are on deck to address immediate issues during both release events.
  • A week between the two releases will allow ED time to conduct any immediate critical bug fixes to the Hornet first, without any complications cased by the map release.
  • Allows time between the two release events when ED's servers are going to get hammered.
  • Hornet will release first because it is the smaller download compared to the map release, but a more complex bit of software.
  • Aligns with ED's announcement that both the Hornet and Persian Gulf map will be released in May.

Just my speculation of course!

Still not as nice as Friday the 18th....only one chance at nailing that...the only date everyone will remember;)

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | ASUS Crosshair Hero X670E | 64GB G Skill Trident Z DDR5 6000 | Nvidia RTX 4090 FE| Samsung EVO Plus 6 TB M.2 PCIe SSDs | TM Hornet Stick/WinWing Hornet Throttle and MIP | VPC T-50 Stick Base | TM TPR Rudder Pedals W/Damper | Varjo Aero/Pimax Crystal

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

Carrier Strike Group One(CSG-1) Discord

Hippo <initiator of a deleted thread>, you know you've been a d*ck when your post is deleted by Mr Wags Himself...

I found out when I clicked Save as I was replying "This thread will be deleted soon.". :megalol:

---

Back to speculating, I'm glad to see that my prediction for June 15th was all wrong. I really like the idea of F/A-18 on the 18th, 2018: it just tickles my numbers-oriented brain. :music_whistling:

i7-7700K@4.8GHz, 16Gb-3200, GTX-1080Ti-Strix-11Gb, Maximus IX Hero, Oculus Rift, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C, Logitech G940 Pedals.

Regarding the release...

People looking for the Friday release forget why ED is always trying to get on the Wednesday releases. Any other coder/developer can back me on this: NEVER release things on Friday.. :D It means that when things inevitably fall apart, you're working double overtime through the weekend.. :D

Though.. to be fair, knowing gaming devs, they're probably already doing weekends this final sprint. Is it too soon to start thanking them for all of their hard work and putting up with us on the forum? :music_whistling:

T.16000m HOTAS + Pedals || TrackIR5 ||

Win10 64bit || 120+500GB SSD, 1TB HDD || i5 4440 @3.3GHz || 16GB RAM @ 1600MHz || GTX1070 G1 ||

FCIII, L39ZA, AJS-37, Normandy '44, Persian Gulf, Channel

F/A-18C, Bf-109 K-4, WW2 Asset Pack, CA, P-47, F-16

People looking for the Friday release forget why ED is always trying to get on the Wednesday releases. Any other coder/developer can back me on this: NEVER release things on Friday.. :D It means that when things inevitably fall apart, you're working double overtime through the weekend.. :D

Though.. to be fair, knowing gaming devs, they're probably already doing weekends this final sprint. Is it too soon to start thanking them for all of their hard work and putting up with us on the forum? :music_whistling:

If that's behind the scenes experience talking - then its news to me.

I still like the 18th symbolism, but I understand "parts plus+ [insert number of days here]"

i7-8700K / 64GB RAM / ASUS Strix GTX 1080 Ti / (Win 10 Pro) / Oculus Rift S

meh..

I guess pre-purchase doesn't mean early access. Missed that. Oh by the way, Media copies are all well and good, but whole VFS. Ya not cool. Oh well At least I got the F-18 at a regular Price and not an imaginary 80.00 pre-purchase special (sic) 20 off. lol. Just to make people think they got a deal, but in reality, they do that to make people buy it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i7-7700K 4.5 Ghz AMD Vega 56 64GB DDR4 3200 500 GB WD Black NVME M.2 X4 SSD

I sure don't see anything show stopping going on in any of the videos and it clearly flies now. Wags announced immediately after his return from Moscow they were on time and I don't think that announcement comes so close to it actually being launch time if they weren't ready. I'd guess a more likely scenario is the "one more thing before" factor is in effect and we will wait a little closer to the drop dead date because of it.

I'm thinking early to mid next week for our aircraft and early to mid week during the following week for the map for the reasons stated above by Lithion.

Hippo <initiator of a deleted thread>, you know you've been a d*ck when your post is deleted by Mr Wags Himself...

I found out when I clicked Save as I was replying "This thread will be deleted soon.". :megalol:

Too much tension around here of late. Thought I'd try to lighten the mood. Sorry if I went too far for some.

Edited by Hippo

System spec: Intel i9 13900KF @ stock,  Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB GDDR6X, Gigabyte Z690 UD DDR4, Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO SL 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3600MHz C18, Samsung 980 EVO 500 GB NVME M.2 SSD (system drive), Samsung 970 EVO 1 TB NVME M.2 SSD (games drive), Cooler Master ML360 Illusion CPU Cooler, Asus XG43UQ Monitor, Oculus Quest Pro, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

They're making us wait, this is worst than torture itself, ED gave media access to stupid guy, i'll not give the name, but for what ? Flying with folded wings ? This is what media access is meant to be ?

I mean we are all here passioned by this module, ready to learn it from A to Z, what do we have for the moment ? Stupid peoples on youtube doing stupid things.. BTW i can understand that the module isn't finished. But i think this press release was a stupid thing !

God knows how all the 'grim reapers' got it. I mean, the videos they do are entertaining but the knowledge level is poor in many of them.

You answered the question within your own question. :smilewink:

AMD Ryzen 9 7845HX with Radeon Graphics           3.00 GHz

32 GB RAM

2 TB SSD

RTX 4070 8GB

Windows 11 64 bit

God knows how all the 'grim reapers' got it. I mean, the videos they do are entertaining but the knowledge level is poor in many of them.

Concurr. .very irritating.

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.

As far as I understood it was only two of them but, they have a viewer base and any press is good press. But I digress, I'll be happy and more productive at work once it releases. I'm not getting much done there anyway hovering around the forums all day :)

I'm pretty sure we would have gotten it already but there's a pitchfork mafia in the community that while the product is branded as Early Access would complain about things not working even though again it's branded as Early Access...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron

Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron

TS: 195.201.110.22

I'm pretty sure we would have gotten it already but there's a pitchfork mafia in the community that while the product is branded as Early Access would complain about things not working even though again it's branded as Early Access...

Such folks, if they exist should be ignored.

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.

They're making us wait, this is worst than torture itself, ED gave media access to stupid guy, i'll not give the name, but for what ? Flying with folded wings ? This is what media access is meant to be ?

I mean we are all here passioned by this module, ready to learn it from A to Z, what do we have for the moment ? Stupid peoples on youtube doing stupid things.. BTW i can understand that the module isn't finished. But i think this press release was a stupid thing !

Once again, the folded wings flight was a request from THEIR followers..

It appears You're constantly bitching and moaning because you didn't get access to the early release press release of the F18 and Persian Gulf map, perhaps if you were a prominent youtuber, you too might have had the privilege of being invited to showcase the new modules ?

Sour grapes are in abundances towards many of those press release candidates, it's petty and even more irritating than slamming their video's.

Have some dignity and patience, and accept that like 99% of those of us who also purchased these addons, are ALL in the same boat, and will await the official press release from ED, there's no point in slamming people who were invited by ED to showcase their product for simply having some fun.

32 GB RAM

2 TB SSD

RTX 4070 8GB

Windows 11 64 bit

He isn't too smart. His videos are super cringy. I will say that i agree with you, there are people like myself that are actually passionate about the aircraft and want to learn but lose out to the morons who don't value the knowledge.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Edited by lvialpando

LEGS - JTF-13

Such folks, if they exist should be ignored.

They've existed in every other module, why would they skip this one?? :megalol:

It's not much difference to whining about who was lucky enough to be chosen by ED to showcase their products, let them have their fun, it doesn't all have to be serious.

It's an alpha product, so things will be constantly evolving, things will be fixed, things will get broken when being fixed, people will whine about the need for a ferrari GPU to showcase the product in all its glory.. it's just human nature unfortunately

32 GB RAM

2 TB SSD

RTX 4070 8GB

Windows 11 64 bit