Anybody have updates on the development of the F4U Corsair?

pegg00

2 minutes ago, MiG21bisFishbedL said:

It's kind of a moot point if they release a broken, unlikable module by rushing to match release with Devotion.

No one wants another F-16.

the rumor around the forums is that they're waiting on their WW2 carrier to be at a release point before they release the Corsair so Im thinking its pretty far along. I could do without the carrier.

• Like 2

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

• 2 weeks later...

Mag3 don't understand the basics of customer communications.

They know what they are doing with the modual, but they don't understand the need for their customers to also know what they are doing. 

If ED does something that means Mag3 has to redo something.  They need to communicate that as soon as possible. 

Not every 5 months post a random picture of what looks like a finished modual and a single sentence that can be interpreted to mean the modual is almost ready. Which is what they have been doing for a year now.

• Like 5

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.

On 12/5/2022 at 4:40 AM, Gunfreak said:

Mag3 don't understand the basics of customer communications.

Its not just them unfortunately, nor is it a DCS specific problem. Ive noticed several developers have been trying to avoid "Hype and burn out" by keeping things so close to their chest no one knows anything. Very frustrating, I'd much rather have small devblogs about the roadblocks as opposed to nothing for several months. But these are also small companies, any time spent writing up several pages for the fans is time not spent on the module.

I'm still getting this when it comes out, but no news sucks.

• Like 2

On 12/6/2022 at 10:48 AM, Omega417 said:

any time spent writing up several pages for the fans is time not spent on the module.

Agree ... people can keep asking for news and updates, but I'd rather leave the developer free to work on the module instead .. I prefer to fly any other current aircraft on DCS in the meantime, rather than stressing about a future one.

3 hours ago, nick10 said:

image.gif

One knows that its getting old, when we fail to be amused by a meme  🙄

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• ED Team

When any third party are ready to share news they will. 

You will need to continue to be patient. 

thank you

• Like 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

1 hour ago, Rudel_chw said:

I prefer to fly any other current aircraft on DCS in the meantime, rather than stressing about a future one.

Ive only been on the forums last few weeks because my PC has been down. Once thats fixed Im outa here and back to flying

Hi guys,  ED has new regs on news updates.  It's partially the reason we've seem silent.

We do have progress, but not until it's our turn.  Stay patient.....I mean, it's not like we're not doing nothing at all.

Edited by -Rudel-
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 9

https://magnitude-3.com/

https://www.facebook.com/magnitude3llc

https://www.youtube.com/@magnitude_3

i9 13900K, 128GB RAM, RTX 4090, Win10Pro, 2 x 2TB SSD

i9 10980XE, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090Ti, Win10 Pro, 2 x 256GB SSD, 4 x 512GB SSD RAID 0, 6 x 4TB HDD RAID 6, 9361-8i RAID Controller

i7 4960X, 64GB RAM, GTX Titan X Black, Win10 Pro, 512GB PCIe SSD, 2 x 256GB SSD

After almost eight years since the first announcement, I don't think any of us can be accused of a lack of patience. 

But this is ridiculous...one teaser after another since 2015!  I won't be buying this thing unless and until I read several objective reviews that say its really worth it.  Any "early access" BS and I'm out altogether.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, billythebassman said:

After almost eight years since the first announcement, I don't think any of us can be accused of a lack of patience. 

But this is ridiculous...one teaser after another since 2015!  I won't be buying this thing unless and until I read several objective reviews that say its really worth it.  Any "early access" BS and I'm out altogether.

ED check the module first, before release... None 3rd party can release nothing without ED.

Uhhh, generally speaking, in Italy when someone made such statements, we reply with a big "Ehhhh sti cazzi!"
Check Google for the meaning, if You want...
Some people are unbelievable...

Inviato dal mio BLA-L09 utilizzando Tapatalk

• Like 3

2 hours ago, billythebassman said:

Any "early access" BS and I'm out altogether.

Don't let the door hit your back, on your way out :thumbup:

• Like 3

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

1 hour ago, billythebassman said:

Any "early access" BS and I'm out altogether.

I'm not aware of ANY module that has ever been released, from ED or any 3rd party developer, that wasn't "early access". You might just consider moving onto something else that is closer to release, like maybe the F-15E. That is, unless it comes out less than absolutely feature complete and without any flaws. Good luck with that.

• Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

3 hours ago, billythebassman said:

After almost eight years since the first announcement

I don't remember it being that long .. so I googled a bit and found the first announcement by Magnitude 3 LLC with some pics of the Corsair, was on December 30th 2017 .. yes, a long time ago, but only five years ... a bit short of your 8 years affirmation. 

I agree that this project has taken a lot of time, but so what? I have not yet spent even a penny on this, so I can't feel entitled to a set in stone deadline, and I understand that the pandemic has wasted two years off everyones lives, plus Putin's war isn't helping either ...

so, I will just fly my other DCS aircrafts, and once the Corsair arrives I will see if I purchase it or not, no need to stress about it.

1 hour ago, AG-51_Razor said:

I'm not aware of ANY module that has ever been released, from ED or any 3rd party developer, that wasn't "early access".

The MB.339

Edited by Rudel_chw

48 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

The MB.339

Ha, I didn‘t even notice. Maybe because I don’t overthink such things. It has still some bugs and coming features though.

But tbh, especially with more complex aircraft, I don’t even mind when some features arrive later. I can’t learn all at once anyway. It‘s like buying a car and then bit by bit upgrade and tune it. Every big feature patch/update is a little bit like xmas. 

Would I like to have the Corsair now, yes sure. But until it arrives I have plenty of other aircraft to learn better and enjoy!

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"