Suggestion: Walkman stuff

REDEYE_CVW-66

Loving getting to grips with the module!

Just some minor suggestions:

1: The walkman should be audible in external view when you have checked the "hear radio in external view" option. Is it not the point to hear the groovy tracks as we watch ourselves posing in the sunset or lining up on the cat?:)

2: Walkman is affected by the "hear like in cockpit" option. I always keep this option on, because I don't like hearing stuff I think the pilot will not hear, but right now this muffles the music- which I think should be crisp either way.

No pilots (that I know of) listen to music when on ops, so the feature is totally unrealistic- BUT VERY COOL nonetheless. Hope that these things are something you might consider so we can enjoy METEOR tunes while ripping up the skies:)

wait....is there a walkman function in game? OMG

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Meta Quest Pro 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

The Viggen has this also :thumbup:

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

The Viggen has this also :thumbup:

Yes, but the Viggen’s came with no music, you had to supply your own ... the F14 was a nice surprise that it came with a music tape already loaded :)

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600 - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia RTX2080 - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

How do you change the track that is playing ? When I let the walkman play, it cycle the same first song.

You are too young :) (or I’m too old) ... the walkman was a TAPE player, it didnt have track capability, you can just fast forward or rewind ... keep the control pressed and find the desired song by trial/error ... I prefer to just play it whole :D

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600 - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia RTX2080 - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

You are too young :) (or I’m too old) ... the walkman was a TAPE player, it didnt have track capability, you can just fast forward or rewind ... keep the control pressed and find the desired song by trial/error ... I prefer to just play it whole :D

But does it remember the location where you last left it? :D

Ok I’m blind as I can’t see this in the manual. How on earth do we use it, and can we add our own tracks.

Specifically the Topgun soundtrack ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

I do understand how it works, I used one some long time ago ;p.

To me the first track loop when I go fast forward in MP, but it might be a user error.

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3rTjezLUxPbWHvJJ3W2fA

Ok I’m blind as I can’t see this in the manual. How on earth do we use it, and can we add our own tracks.

Specifically the Topgun soundtrack ;)

The control bindings are under the walkman category, right near the bottom of the selection box. Default binds are LShift+M to play, LShift+N to stop. LCtrl+M to fast forward and LCtrl+N to rewind.

I've switched out the soundtrack for the Top Gun one. Just convert MP3s to OGG and rename the tracks to Song1, Song2... and it works fine. Files go in 'Mods\aircraft\F14\Sounds\Walkman\' I also replaced the F-14 main menu music with the Top Gun Anthem. Menu music is found in 'Mods\aircraft\F14\Sounds\EditorMusic\'

Volume controls for the Walkman would be a nice improvement as it is quite a bit loud.

Edited by Megadyptes

Maybe in the soundtrack folder?

../DCS/Mods/Aircraft/F14/Soundtrack

here you che find the Meteor's tracks , may you can add .ogg or .wav

Yep all sorted thanks.

Now have Top gun or the Iron eagle soundtrack to choose from. ????????????

Works great.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

During the same game session yes.

If you stop it and it plays where you left it.

HA!! That is awesome!! :D

Takes me back to the holidays when I was young and still going on holiday with my parents, sitting in the back of the car, listening to my tunes on the walkman :D :pilotfly:

Oh hell yea..

220px-Van_Halen_-_Best_of_Volume_I.jpg

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

3: Volume control

4: Being able to set up multiple MCs and swap them, the sounds are there already. Just limit the number reasonably since you can't bring a ton of cassettes with you rainbowdashwink.png

5: Just to make it more realistic, it's a simulation after all: Limit the playtime and let us have to turn the MC around to play the other side vinyl_scratch.png

6: Totally nerdy, but how about having a Kneeboard page with a tracklist of the pieces included? twilightsmile.png

4, 5 & 6 would make it easier to find certain tracks as well.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg