HP's Reverb VR Pro Headset

nervousenergy

Glad i didnt get around to cancelling my order. At a guess the minor issue might have been the mura.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Very nice screenshot comparison against the Oculus headsets. When it comes to image clarity the HP easily takes the cake, still not as good as a PC monitor but quite close. The HP screen would've looked more impressive if they had zoomed in a bit to equalize the size of the texts. The Rift screenshot is pretty much spot on, what I typically see with my Rift when trying to read texts at a distance which is meh at best. The Rift S actually doesn't look too bad and seems to be quite a step up from the Rift in terms of clarity.

Edited by Supmua

PC: 5800X3D/4090, 11700K/3090, 9900K/2080Ti.

Joystick bases: TMW, VPC WarBRD, MT50CM2, VKB GFII, FSSB R3L

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/

Very nice screenshot comparison against the Oculus headsets. When it comes to image clarity the HP easily takes the cake, still not as good as a PC monitor but quite close. The HP screen would've looked more impressive if they had zoomed in a bit to equalize the size of the texts. The Rift screenshot is pretty much spot on, what I typically see with my Rift when trying to read texts at a distance which is meh at best. The Rift S actually doesn't look too bad and seems to be quite a step up from the Rift in terms of clarity.

If the Reverb wasn't a thing I would be snapping up the Rift S for sure right now. But yeah, Reverb really looks like the way forwards. Also, I checked my task monitoring during a mission on the Persian Gulf with the Rift (textures on high), and was pleased to see none of my CPU cores maxed out at any point, so with the upcoming performance improvement to DCS (2 weeks), I'm confident it will remain playable with the Reverb without needing a big hardware upgrade.

I'm probably still going to have a massive upgrade anyway though, tbh ¬_¬

A small pie is soon eaten

If the Reverb wasn't a thing I would be snapping up the Rift S for sure right now. But yeah, Reverb really looks like the way forwards. Also, I checked my task monitoring during a mission on the Persian Gulf with the Rift (textures on high), and was pleased to see none of my CPU cores maxed out at any point, so with the upcoming performance improvement to DCS (2 weeks), I'm confident it will remain playable with the Reverb without needing a big hardware upgrade.

Hi Sohei,

Not doubting you, just wondering what your source is on the two weeks time frame?

Cheers.

i7700k OC to 4.8GHz with Noctua NH-U14S (fan) with AORUS RTX2080ti 11GB Waterforce. 32GDDR, Warthog HOTAS and Saitek rudders. HP Reverb.

Sorry, you need to check GPU performance. Just set pixel density to 2.0 and check performance.

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X | 64GB DDR4-3200 Ram | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | MFG Crosswind rudder pedals | HP Reverb

Hi Sohei,

Not doubting you, just wondering what your source is on the two weeks time frame?

Cheers.

2 weeks is the standard joke/fake release date in DCS. It means he doesn't know.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Edited by eaglecash867

EVGA Z690 Classified, Intel i9 12900KS Alder Lake processor, MSI MAG Core Liquid 360R V2 AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 64GB DDR5 6400 memory, EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra 24GB video card, Samsung 980PRO 1TB M2.2280 SSD for Windows 10 64-bit OS, Samsung 980PRO 2TB M2.2280 SSD for program files, LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray burner. HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pedals, HP Reverb G2. Partridge and pear tree pending. :pilotfly:

Aye, 'twas just my feeble attempt at wit

Its ok, everyone else got it :smartass:

Sorry, you need to check GPU performance. Just set pixel density to 2.0 and check performance.

Yeah I've checked it with PD set to 2.0. GPU peaked around 80% but most of the time it was around 50%

Yeah I've checked it with PD set to 2.0. GPU peaked around 80% but most of the time it was around 50%

Would you please post details of your system?

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Euhm.. don’t forget the 50 percent vr boost is coming soon. :D

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

Would you please post details of your system?

It's a decent rig but nothing earth shattering tbh.

Asus GTX 1080ti

i7 47something something CPU

32Gb RAM (it's red, so probably quite fast).

Asus gaming motherboard of some description.

I should stress I was only measuring the performance when doing dogfights out over the unpopulated areas of the Persian Gulf. I'll do some more testing when I have time.

:D HP time to kick the reverb out of the door and crush the rift S ! I can’t wait anymore.... :D I think i am on the first wave, since many bought the rift s now! :D

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

Imagine if Rift S with a minor increase of resolution and full RGB display binging that much clarity how much Reverb will bring it than with much more pixels.

Rift S prove how software IPD is not that much of the problem or issue at all.

Tracking in DCS should be the same, no much benefit from additional cameras in DCS usage.

Reverb should have much better picture even under 1.0 PD so the effect on the hardware shouldn't be much higher. I'm expecting from Reverb to be the first HMD to run well on native resolution.

Optics is the same but FOV will be noticeably higher on Reverb.

Price is 200$ more but after all value per $ could go in favor of Reverb as well.

Thats pretty much my thinking, at least for DCS/sims.

:D defenitly only reverb for me :D