Free Map

Ercoupe

Sooooooon™
:lol::lol::lol: "Soon™" is a time frame equivalent to "two weeks™" and clearly measured in a parallel Universe in which anybody knows how long those take :D.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

Each 'o' in Nine's soon represents one week, so in 7 weeks.

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

Nice video

Edited by Lenux

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

https://pcpilot.keypublishing.com/the-magazine/view-issue/?issueID=7968

A TL;DR:

There are two WW2, and a free modern day Pacific region theatres in development. One of the WW2 maps is the channel map, which includes parts of southeastern England, northeastern France, and the low countries.

So, definitely no free WWII map coming???

They said previously that the free map will be dual purpose, i.e. suitable for modern and WW2 scenarios. Thus I expect some area like the South China Sea with Okinawa, that was strategically as important in WW2 as it is today.

this would make sense. however i would not find a modern okinawa "suitable" for WWII. maybe the second WWII map besides the channel is a paid "downgrade" of the free modern pacific to "vintage" pacific. would be cool, but said module would need to be way cheaper than a normal map...

Yeah, I am curious how they will handle that. Backdating an islands map would certainly be much easier than anything with a huge surface area. But I really appreciate it that we will get any map for the F4U so soon, even if myself and my carrier have to stay away from certain areas. No Corsairs over Normandy for years to come.

let's hope for some answers in todays newsletter!

well, that turned out to be a bit of a letdown. here's hoping for another of those epic christmas/newyear videos by GlowingAmraam.

i'm not angry about "promised" features not making it into 2019, but it would be nice to have at least some progress report. preferably with some screenshots or video...

In the AMA intervew, Wags not talk about pacific teathre

The AMA is just out of date regarding this information as the latest issue of PC Pilot contains an interview with Wags. Just bought the online version of the magazine and read the article. Wags states, indeed, that the new free theater will be located in the Pacific.

3rd Wing | 55th Black Alligators * BA-33

Εις ανηρ ουδεις ανηρ

The AMA is just out of date regarding this information as the latest issue of PC Pilot contains an interview with Wags. Just bought the online version of the magazine and read the article. Wags states, indeed, that the new free theater will be located in the Pacific.

the online version require purchase? Not bad see all interview to add them to the "Unofficial Roadmap"

Edited by Silver_Dragon

the online version require purchase? Not bad see all interview to add them to the "Unofficial Roadmap"

Yes, you need to buy the whole magazine, I payed 5,49€ for it. If you have an Android or iOS phone/tablet, you can download the PCPilot app and then buy the last issue from it.

3rd Wing | 55th Black Alligators * BA-33

Εις ανηρ ουδεις ανηρ